Jessica Alba Opens Up About Feeling “Objectified”

Jessica Alba Opens Up About Feeling "Objectified"

Looks like Haven and Honor have hit the toy jackpot!

The Fantastic Four actress Jessica Alba treated her two beautiful daughters to some toys at Kitson Kids in Los Angeles, Calif. on Wednesday (May 16). The Honest Company founder carried 9-month old Haven in her arms while Honor, 3, test-drove one of the toy cars.

The sexy 31-year old mama looked stylish in her chic flared jeans, white top and floral jacket.

Alba recently shared with Marie Claire about how she felt objectified when she was hitting the celebrity scene. After winning the lead role for Dark Angel at the young age of 19, the actress’ body was what seemed to get all the attention at the red carpet events.

“Right away [after the premiere of Dark Angel], everyone formed a strong opinion about me because of the way I was marketed. I was supposed to be sexy, this tough action girl. That’s what people expected,” she recalled. “It made me uncomfortable. I wanted to be chic and elegant!”

The Honey star – who is married to Cash Warren – has since grown and matured in the public eye, but the transformation didn’t happen over night.

Now that I’m older, I’ve learned how to own it, but I’m still not very overt,” she shared about revealing her sexy side. “There are some women who dress for men. I dress for myself. It took me some time to get here. Being a mom and feeling grown-up have helped. Now if I’m going to wear something short, it has to have a high neck or a little sci-fi toughness to it, an edge.”

Toting around a baby and a tot on a daily basis has definitely been an influencing factor on the sex symbol’s wardrobe choices. “I’m not going to wear stilettos, for example — even kitten heels are kind of pushing it — during the day,” she added. “I wear boots, ballet flats and sneakers, but mostly boots. They’re stable, easy to wear.”

Filed under: Haven Garner Warren,Honor Marie Warren,Jessica Alba

Photo credit: AKM-GSI

Danish grandmother

Danish mom and her Danish fat cute baby.

She looks like she is holding her nanny’s baby!

Danish

5. Courtney

she needs to stop complaining maybe she shouldn’t have decided to be an actress

I love Jessica Alba and her cute kids!

OMG. She has been bitching about this forever, yet continued to pose half naked and provocative images. She owes her career to how she looks. Maybe she should have said no to Sin City. Writhing around like a cat in heat. She is delusional and ungrateful and needs to stfu.

ITA. Now she markets herself as a hands on mother, but in reality spends little time with them except for photo opportunities with papa she pretends are intrusive. Coupled with pretentious articles about parenting someone else likely writes for her so she can sound smart or informed, she is tres annoying. She is lucky she was blessed with incredible beauty that she has herself exploited by her own choosing.

8. Gretchen

I’ve never even seen these girls with a Grandma and every time I look at comments its always about being danish? I don’t understand. Anyways, cute little chubby cheeked auburn haired baby!

Jessica’s mother is not Danish, her mother just has some Danish ancestry through her dad. She’s half Canadian and half US American with some Danish ancestry and a Danish surname, but she’s not Danish. I believe that she also has some Italian and French ancestry, the French from her Canadian side. I dunno about the Italian ancestry, but in her old interviews she said she had Italian ancestry as well.

9. KitKat

I think Haven is very cute in these pics :)
    And I love Jessica’s style!!

i think the show was called dark angel… not horse

11. KatieG

I really want to like her, but if you want to be “chic and elegant” then you present “chic and elegant”.

If you present “T & A” then that’s what people will associate you with. They just bought what you were selling, you can’t blame them.

All she does is complain, he acting is not very good and I don’t see how she can maintain this lifestyle for long if she is the breadwinner of this family.

13. Mia

O cry me a river. No one can objectify you unless you let them. No one made her do all those movies in bikini and underwears and all the scantly clad photo shoots trying to look sexy. She wasn’t complain when she was cashing that check. She can only get roles of scantlty clad woman because she can’t act her way out of a paper bag but she dosn’t have to do it, no one held a gun to her head. She always blames everyone for her decisions and even her shitty acting.

14. Mia

O cry me a river. No one can objectify you unless you let them. No one made her do all those movies in bikini and underwears and all the scantly clad photo shoots trying to look sexy. She wasn’t complain when she was cashing that check. She can only get roles of scantlty clad woman because she can’t act her way out of a paper bag but she dosn’t have to do it, no one held a gun to her head. She always blames everyone for her decisions and even her crappy acting. I heard she was going to play a stripper again for the third time so I guess she really like it or someone held a gun to her head. lol

15. Marie

That baby looks just like her assistant. I wonder if she had the baby or if she used her egg or something because that baby looks nothing like her or her husband or other daughter. It’s weird she is half mexican and her husband is half black, That baby is white as a ghost and honor is tan. Jessica don’t call me Latina got her white baby since she denies her latina side but how?

16. Joy

she is so annoying and ungrateful. be quiet jessica, please.