Beyoncé: “I Had To Lose 60 pounds”

On Saturday night Beyoncé told the audience at Revel Beach's Ovation Hall in Atlantic City, N.J. that she was a going to indulge in chocolate.

During her performance she announced, "Y’all have no idea how hard I worked! I had to lose 60 pounds. They had me on that treadmill. I ate lettuce!”

On Saturday night Beyoncé told the audience at Revel Beach’s Ovation Hall in Atlantic City, N.J. that she was a going to indulge in chocolate.

During her performance she announced, “Y’all have no idea how hard I worked! I had to lose 60 pounds. They had me on that treadmill. I ate lettuce!”

The Crazy In Love singer – who gave birth to Blue Ivy in January – exclaimed, “Now tonight I’m gonna get chocolate wasted!”

The 30-year-old wore a midriff-baring two-piece with Swarovski crystals and paid tributes to Whitney Houston and Donna Summer.

The Associated Press reports Michelle Obama was also there with her daughters Sasha and Malia. They sat in a balcony with Gayle King.

“I hope y’all win a lot of money tonight,” Beyonce said at the end of her show.

In a recent video leading up to her Memorial Day weekend performances she admitted, “It is exciting, [but] I feel a little nervous. I enjoy being a mother. [Performing] is like going back to my old job. It’s a little strange.”

Filed under: Beyonce

Photo credit: INFphoto.com

She had to lose 60 lbs AFTER having the baby? That seems like a lot.

She might mean total – including the baby- but that’s not the way it’s worded. It seems like she’s saying after giving birth “I had 60 lbs to lose”. That’s way too much.

“I had 60 lbs to lose” — obviously she is NOT including the baby, this is post-delivery which begs the question: WTF????????????????????

2. SMH

Yeah I’m confused about where the weight came from. There is no way that’s what she gained but maybe she lost more now then before she was pregnant. If she was pregnant. I am still very skeptical of that pregnancy jmo

Yeah really – how much did she gain? 100?

4. Courtney

not for a first or first successful pregnancy it isn’t and there’s no way Bey gained that much while she was pregnant in the first place

EXCUSE ME,IT IS POSSIBLE TO GAIN 60 LBS WITH YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY,I GAINED 65 LBS,THEN WANTED TO KILL MYSELF AFTER I HAD MY 9LB DAUGHTER AND WENT STRAIGHT TO WEIGHT WATCHERS.YOU THINK YOU’RE INVINCIBLE ,THAT YOU CAN EAT ANYTHING And EVERYTHING IN SIGHT BUT BOY WAS I WRONG BUT,LIKE BEYONCE HARD WORK,EATING CORRECTLY AND EXERCISE WILL GET YOU BACK TO YOUR ORIGINAL HEALTHY WEIGHT.

Ya’all have no idea how HARD I worked !!
    I had to lose 60 lbs !
    They had me on a threadmill
    I had to eat lettuce

Poor dear.. just Shut up Bey

6. Luisa

I don’t believe…

7. CaramelKiss

I guess when you’re carrying around a 60-pound prosthetic belly, it’s difficult to take it off since it fastens in the back. LOL.

So right. LOL. She’s asking for it, with her unending lies. Will she just shut up and hope everyone forgets instead of desperately trying to convince us her faux pregnancy was real??

helllo don’t you remem the pix of her in the white bikini when she had a very obvious bump?

I love you conspiracy people!! You’re probably a Birther too, right?! Thanks for brightening my day with your kookiness!

Actually it was Obama and his agent who started the birther rumor when he was trying to sell a book years ago. Apparently when Obama was trying to make money, he forgot he wasn’t born in Kenya!

• madchen

@6:50: So true. It’s like putting out bait. As soon as I see headline = beyonce + pregnancy, I race to the comments. Do you think the Donald posts here?

• madchen

(I don’t know where my previous comment went? Black hole?)

Funniest thing I have heard all day.

those are some unfortunate legs. ugh.

• Eva

Unfortunate how? Because she can’t walk? Because she can’t stand up? Or because they are not skinny sticks? The woman is a normal-sized and normal-shaped human being. You’ve been looking at too many airbrushed models!

9. Sara

I’m sure she gained 60lbs and probably lost the first 15-20lbs after having the baby then had to lose the rest with hard work, which in 5 months is totally possible.

Boo hoo!! It’s so hard being Beyonce :(

I don’t know where she was carrying that weight, because she didn’t look that big at all

12. Anne

And yet she’s still huge…

BS! She did not gain 60 pounds during her “pregnancy”. If she had, it’s unlikely she’d have lost it all by now. She wasn’t pregnant, and she’s digging herself deeper and deeper with her desperation to prove it. Plus, we all saw the pictures. She wasn’t 60 pounds heavier. Period.

• Sara

Haven’t you seen the pics of her on the beach in the bikini with a very visible baby bump. Geez people she was pregnant and just wasn’t flaunting it like Jessica Simpson, posing nude on a magazine. I’m not even a fan of Beyonce but still tired of hearing everyone saying she wasn’t even pregnant. Why on earth would she need to fake a pregnancy? And seriously why go to all that trouble anyways.

Running on a treadmill and eating lettuce?!?! Holy heck, thats something nobody has ever done before.

oh god…like no other women on earth has had to lose baby weight…and yeah a 1st pregnancy its possible to gain 60lbs..i gained 60lbs with my first..worst thing ever..im STILL trying to lose the weight(almost 3 year later)…she should be thankful shes rich and can hire a trainer/nanny/maid/chef/etc and not complaining…

OMG, when will she just shut up?! When I will deliver my baby, I have to lose the weight all by myself. With no nanny, no money, a boring job and keeping the house clean. But I’m not even complaining about it as much as some spoiled celebs are!!!

I love the way everyone criticizes Beyonce losing her baby weight so fast, and no one talks about Victoria Beckam. Wow!!!!

I love how people criticize Beyonce losing her baby weight so fast and say that she wasn’t pregnant, and no one says anything about Victoria Beckam…. WOW!!!

20. Anonymouse

Beyonce was thin within weeks of giving birth. It was so fast that I’m not certain she was ever actually pregnant. Did you see her collapsing baby bump? Her breasts didn’t change size. I don’t know. Maybe she adopted and this is a cover-up? I don’t buy it.

she’s a filthy rich liar. never was pregnant. never.

I am and will always be jealous of that woman’s INCREDIBLE legs!

Ok i am going to say this…. Use common sense people… Yes women can gain alot of weight during pregnancy …. However most Dr…. prefer you gain no more that 25 lbs per baby … My mother had twins and gain 50 pounds…. so it is not abnormal to gain that much weight… its sooooo unhealthy … there are sooo many issue for the mother with that much weight gain … HOWEVER USE COMMON SENSE PEOPLE… I would say that Beyonce was no less that 140lbs before the baby… so if she gained 60lbs that means she was 200 at least at the time of delivery… Now she is the most photographed women in the world… go and try and find one picture online that she even remotely looks 200lbs… You will not find it… Her daughter was 7lbs and some change…and in this photo she appears to be the same weight she was before baby…. now yes every woman carries weight different… but I think we can all agree that Jessica Simpson probably gained more weight than Beyonce and she only gain 50lbs… just USE COMMON sense that is all i ask… and I LOVE BEYONCE I DO ~!!!!