Dean McDermott Loves Being A “Stay At Home Dad”

dean_FD-500x505

During an appearance on Bethenny, actor and celebrity father Dean McDermott opens up about his feelings on his wife Tori Spelling being the breadwinner in their household and what he really thinks about being a stay-at-home dad to his three children Liam, 5, Stella, 4, and 8-month-old Hattie.

“I have no bones about saying that T makes more [money] than I do,” Dean tells Bethenny Frankel during Tuesday’s episode. “As far as her being the breadwinner or making more than me I have no problem with that because I’m fortunate. I get to spend this time with my kids and watch them grow, which a lot of guys don’t because they’re nine-to-fivers.”

“You know I think in the whole gender world, I think it’s changing. There’s a lot more stay at home dads now a days,” he adds.

When the Due South star is pressed about just how much money Tori has, Dean confesses that “everyone thinks because she has all these businesses we’re loaded and we’re not. Honestly, we’re not.”

“She does feel guilty [about leaving the kids and going to work] but you know, when she does spend time with them, it’s quality,” Dean says. “It’s not about quantity. It’s just about really good quality time with the kids.”

Tori is due with the couple’s fourth child this September.

Filed under: Dean McDermott

Photo credit: Courtesy of ToriSpelling.com

1. Grace

I don’t believe their claims that they don’t have a lot of money. I also don’t believe that he is a stay-at-home-Dad. Both of those claims contradict what is shown on the show – so they’re either lying on the show or lying in interviews.

2. Meghan

Phonies.

3. Candy Spelling

LOL I be he likes to be a ”stay at home dad” the kids have a nanny don’t they? and I’m sure they have more help than that, so Dean’s really riding Tori’s coat tails… I hate those two…

4. I bet his first wife would say she’s not the slightest bit surprised at his declaration that he is happy to stay home w/ the kids while his wife works hard to support the family.

5. anonymous

He is such a slacker!

6. Marisa

He is such a lazy pathetic loser. What was Tori thinking? She is not very pretty but could have married better than that loser.

7. Jerry Jones

I cant believe the comments from all you idiots! Tori and Dean are incredible people with really big hearts! I would give anything to have a man who treats me as special as he treats Tori! All you people that left your negative comments are just jealous!

• Deewillis

Incredible people don’t sleep together the first nite with a newborn at home,wife and a husband (Tori’s ex). They are trash and he is a slacker that saw dollar signs when he meet her. Also if they are not loaded then they have poor financial people on their team. I mean 5+ books, HSN deal, 2 reality shows, kids clothing line, DIY jewelry line etc. He will never work as an actor in anything substantial without tori starring next to him. Pathetic these two.

8. anonymous

You don’t have very high standards, do you Jerry? And who are you to call other people idiots? No one in their right mind would be jealous of Tori and Dean. You need to get a life!

9. keran

ugh he is such a creep. Can’t believe i live in a society where people can abandon children and wreck homes just because of their own selfish reasons/happiness.

10. Anomynous

Tori just sealed her fate by marrying that loser, her mom will never leave her an substantial amount of money if she passes on because I’m sure she doesn’t want to see that loser spend all Tori’s money while he lay around the house. What a user, Tori could have done better. What makes Dean think it’s okay to make baby after baby that he cannot support?