Adele & Boyfriend Expecting Baby No. 1!

54th Annual GRAMMY Awards

Big congratulations are in order for soulful singer Adele and her boyfriend Simon Konecki: They’re expecting!

The 24-year-old crooner, born Adele Laurie Blue Adkins, shared the exciting news on her blog today:

“Im delighted to announce that Simon and I are expecting our first child together,”Adele wrote in a post titled ‘I’ve got some news.’ “I wanted you to hear the news direct from me, obviously we’re over the moon and very excited but please respect our privacy at this precious time. Yours always, Adele x.”

Earlier this year Adele told Vogue that she planned on focusing on family in the future, saying, “If I’m constantly working, my relationships fail. So at least now I can have enough time to write a happy record. And be in love and be happy. And then I don’t know what I’ll do. Get married. Have some kids. Plant a nice vegetable patch.”

Congratulations to them!

Filed under: Expecting,Featured

Photo credit: Bauer Griffin

1. Luna

So happy for her!! This is so unexpected, but I’m sure they will be great parents!!

2. klutzy_girl

Yay! Congratulations to them!

3. Anon

Hopefully she has stopped smoking now.

4. Adrienne

I love her and her music. I am beyond excited for them(her) and i can’t wait until she gives birth!!!! Yay… Congrats.

5. Big Picture

That’s so cute. I didn’t know she’s only 24, barely older than me. Congrats to them, I’m excited to see her experience pregnancy, though hopefully the paparazzi give them their space.

• Louise

Er… do you see the contradiction in your statement…? It’s kind of ironic that it’s actually you and people like you (and me) who will make the paps harass her. (I’m just pointing it out, I’m not pretending I’m any better than you.)

• Big Picture

Did I say, “I hope I get to see every day of her pregnancy as she tries to buy groceries and go about her private life”? No. I said how she experiences it, perhaps if you considered the fact that she announced it on her blog, you’d realize that perhaps that’s where I (and plenty of other readers) will turn to for news on her pregnancy and goings-on. The beauty of the press is that we readers get to pick which articles we read, and I’m not the type of person to care about some actors trip to the grocer with their kids – however, the professional announcements, personally dictated blogs and events are there for the public and that is where I care to get my news.

• Louise

Ok, but it doesn’t change anything to the fact that (y)our interest fuels the paparazzi – it actually is the only reason they care to take pictures. I feel awkward about that, don’t you? (and the dislikers of my comment)

• Jane

We’re all reading this websites news, we all fuel the paparazzi!
            So you are both in denial and wrong. Lots of people don’t care nor read celebrity-stuff, maybe they can make these statements. All of us here deliberately surf to sites like this one because we like to, admit it. We fuel the paparazzi, which indirectly fuels there career. Probably impractical at times, but it’s an concious choice these celebrity’s have made by becoming celebs.
            We all have impractical things in our lives that are direct consequences of our choices. I think the ginormous bankaccount makes up for a lot!

6. SMH

She def looks older then 24 but I think it’s just the older image she has going on. Love Adele! Congrats!

7. what a silly woman

Another silly woman who has a kid with someone she’s only known for 3 months – well at least she’ll right another album if it doesn’t work out.

8. teaparty

more unmarried parents….nice

Why do you care if this kid’s parents are married or not? It’s not going to affect you in absolutely any way.

• Elle

Marriage hardly makes a difference in this day and age, especially with A-Listers. So your comment is rather pointless.

• JJ

That’s the celeb trend these days, get pregnant, get engaged, get divorced – no wonder their kids end up as screw ups

• notantimarriage

Having a child is a commitment to that child not to each other. People fail to realise that unmarried parents have a much higher rate of not lasting the distance. For all the “marriage is a piece of paper” , “It’s outdated” or “It’s not important to us” if Adele’s boyfriend asked her to marry her today I bet you $$$ she would say yes. Typical comments from the anti-marriage group I guess your men don’t think your’re good enough to marry – he didn’t like it to put a ring on it lol. Talk about bitter!

Has it every occurred to your tiny little pea brain that whether or not I, or the other posters here married is irrelevant and that we just think that other people are entitled to live their life THEIR WAY. I’ve been married for 9 years. That does NOT mean that I get to dictate to and berate someone for their own relationship choices, you freaking marriage-Nazi.

9. Georgi

yay ! so happy for them :) i can’t wait to hear some of the beautiful music she’ll write about motherhood, she’ll be a great mom.

10. Ellen

I am very happy for her! But I can´t help but selfishly feel; it´s gonna take a long time before we get som new awesome Adele music

11. Ebonita

She does not look 24 at all.