Giuliana & Bill Rancic Hope To Be There For The Birth

giuliana-bill-rancic-wont-pick-a-hollywood-type-weird-baby-name-1

Giuliana and Bill Rancic are eagerly awaiting their baby boy to arrive via gestational surrogate. Hopefully they will be there for the birth. According to US Weekly – the E! News co-host was on Monday’s TODAY show when she said she won’t be in the country around the due date.

She explained, “The baby is due the end of August, and I wrap at the Olympics [in London] on August 11. So we are going to be on standby. We think it’s going to be OK. The doctor assured us. He thinks maybe even early September the baby will come.”

According to Giuliana, Bill can’t wait to bond with their son.

“It was funny because I told Bill, ‘You realize you can’t play ball with him for awhile?. I think he thinks at six months they’re going to be playing catch. I’m like, ‘Honey, that doesn’t happen for a little while.’ He’s like, ‘I was waterskiing at three-years-old.’ I’m like, ‘Slow down, honey!’”

She added, “He’s like, ‘I just want an NFL quarterback. I’d like a CEO, but we compromised, and you know what? We’ll take healthy.”

Filed under: Bill Rancic,Expecting,Giuliana Rancic

Photo credit: Bauer Griffin

1. Just Me

I’m very happy for this couple being able to have a child after everything they’ve gone through However–and I know this is not going to be a popular opinion here–I do want to say…if you’re too busy to attend the birth of your own child, perhaps you’re too busy to have a child. I understand that there are nannies and such, but you really can’t pull out of a gig to be there for one of the most important events of your life? I mean, the birth of their child is far more important than anything else they might have going on.

I think what she’s saying is that they may have to rush back to the USA if the baby decides to arrive early. Nothing wrong with that, presuming that if she can’t leave, at least he will and one of them will be there when the child is born.

Infants need immediate human contact. If they’re not there to do it, who is supposed to? The surrogate? That just seems like a recipe for disaster and NOT something you should expect.

2. Emily

This is a time I feel she should be choosing to not leave the country, unless she jump on a plane at any time and go home to her newborn? It would be weird to work so hard to get a baby, only to not be there for the first few days, week?

3. Jade

I was kind of wondering the same thing. If I had struggled to have a child (and I did) and finally the opportunity for me to become a mother came, I doubt if anything could keep me away from the birth. I hope she’s not being serious…

4. Anonymous9

People work. It’s how they afford surrogates to begin with. The baby isn’t due until the end of August and the Olympics are going to be over on the 11th. This whole thing is a non-issue.

It’s a non issue…until the surrogate goes into labor two weeks early. And please, it’s not like not taking this one job would leave them penniless.

5. Meghan

God forbid she turn down a job.

6. rochelle

giuliana has never seemed “maternal” or “motherly”. this is not a shock.

7. Anon.

She has up until the airplane departs or the doctor expects the baby to come to back out of what may be a previously contracted job. My husband was a railroader and with the stay home attitude here he would have been off work for a very long time as our son was late.

• Ebonita

These are good points. Due dates are approximations not times set in stone. She shouldn’t be expected to not take a job when even with the time constraint she could still be fine. And all of these people on the internet are berating her over this when it might not have been a choice for her. She might have had to go and just see how things play out.

8. Grace

Why is this even a topic up for discussion? Seriously these two are annoying. Why must they put out to the pubic every little thing that has to do with them having a child?

9. Anonoymous

Because some people actually care? If you don’t, then stop reading their articles. It’s really simple. But it’s easier to hate, isn’t it?

10. Rachel

She will probably have a plane on standby in case anything happens. I’m sure as soon as the surrogate is even feeling that she is going into labor (which obviously this is probably not her first child) that Guilliana and Bill will be on a plane to be there. Put yourself in her shoes. I’d work too if that kept the nerves away.

11. Kate

I am hoping that Bill is at least planning on staying in the U.S. during that time. It would be really messed up if he missed it too because he was just hanging out in London. It would be one thing if her job was in the U.S. somewhere, but even if she has the ability to step on a plane the second the surrogate goes into labor, it will take at least 15 hours to fly to Colorado from London. Just seems like a silly risk given how much trouble they went to trying to have a baby and how they swore they wouldn’t miss the birth. Not to mention why does she need to go to the Olympics? Last time I checked she was an E news/ fashion correspondent, so what exactly is she covering that would be worth the risk?

• KatieG

The world will not end and the child will not suffer if they are not present at the birth. I’m sure they don’t WANT to miss it though, and will try their best to be there.