Update: Usher’s Stepson Declared Brain Dead

Usher's stepson critically injured in boating accident

UpdateUsher‘s 11-year-old stepson Kyle Glover – whose mother is Tameka Foster – has been declared brain dead by doctors following the boating accident Friday, TMZ reports. Reportedly, Kyle has not experienced any brain activity since he was admitted to the hospital and there is no decision yet regarding life support. Usher and Tameka have not left the hospital since Kyle was admitted.

Continue reading the original post below.

Sad news to report this morning. Usher‘s 11-year-old stepson, Kyle Glover - whose mother is Tameka Foster - is in critical condition after the inner tube he was riding Friday on Georgia’s Lake Lanier was struck by a Jet Ski driven by a 38-year-old man, reports Atlanta’s 11 Alive News.

Kyle was sitting with a 15-year-old girl in the inner tube, which was being pulled along by a boat. TMZ reports that the boy was hit in the head and was unresponsive when taken out of the water. The girl also suffered serious injury.

Officials told 11 Alive that alcohol did not play a role in the accident and that it was too soon to determine if any charges will be filed.

Despite the couple’s ongoing bitter custody battle over their sons -  Naviyd, 3, and 4-year-old Usher Raymond V - Usher chartered a plane to bring Tameka to Kyle’s side.

Our thought are with the Foster-Raymond family.

Filed under: Tameka Foster,Usher

Photo credit: Bauer Griffin

1. RENEE DRAYTON

FROM THE DRAYTON FAMILY & FLAVOR FLAV ALL OUR PRAYS GO OUT TO USHER TAMIKA MAY GOD BE WITH YOU AND YOUR FAMILY YOU ARE IN
    OUR PRAYS

2. Brandi

I am truly praying for this family. I know that they are going through a nasty custody battle, but I am happy that they are putting their differences for the sake of this awful event. For anyone that lives in Atlanta, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE stay away from Lake Lainer Island. That place has done nothing but cause death after death. I would never take my children there. I pray that little Kyle makes a full recovery.

3. Mlya

hope he gets better, with ushers money im sure he will have the best of the best doctors working on him, get well little boy!

4. anonymous

May Kyle and the young girl who was with him have a full and quick recovery. Prayers to both of the children’s families that they may have comfort and support during this very difficult time.

5. Saba

My preyers for the boy,and the whole family ,everything is possible with Lord,keep preying god is great .

6. Jam

Praying so hard for this family at this trying time. My heart truly goes out to Kile, his friend, and their families.

7. shieda

poor kid was declared brain dead. god bless his soul

8. anonymous

get well soon

9. P!nk

He’s brain dead which means he’s pretty much being kept alive through machines. What a crying shame. Imagine going out for fun on a lake and your life is over minutes later? God bless this child.

10. musiclover

My prayers are with this family during this difficult time.

11. KatieG

As a parent, I can’t imagine having to make the decisions that this boy’s parents will have to make. I hope they can keep their strength for the rest of their children. So, so sad.

And let’s not forget to acklowledge the pain this boy’s father, Ryan Glover, is going through right now. He may be Usher’s former step-son, but this boy is Ryan’s child.

12. Anabelle

Not a fan of Usher, but regardless, reading this is shocking. So sad. And the girl involved, I hope she pulls through. x

13. Laurzz

So sad. I can’t even imagine how his parents are feeling. No words. Just prayers.

14. SMH

So very sad.

Just goes to show that your life is a blessing and how long your in this world is never a guarentee so cherish each day like it’s your last.

Kyle may have not thought one second that this was his last day on earth but I only hope he was giggling and laughing up until the last moments before this tragedy struck him and his family.

15. Jen

Heartbreaking news…prayers for Kyle and his family. So, so sad…

16. Micaela

Prayers and well wishes for this family. God Bless

17. D'Asia

I just wanna say its hard to hear about stuff like that and i love Usher i love his music and everything im a big fan i almost cried wen i heard about it im gonna pray for Kyle no doubt about it.

18. Elle

I can’t even begin to imagine what they’re going through right now. My condolences.

19. DJ

Wow, what a tragedy. God bless all who know and love this child, especially his mother, father and Usher & siblings. So sad…

20. what ever we cannot blame god because it is all with our knoledge god given good brain to use it but what we do just going like blind all god written before birth what going to be happending to every steps for human if you do good jobs for your society or help poor people then it will be change to your life safeif people come to you for help please try your best dont hate them please if they dont need help they wont come to you we have to understand that it is very simple but what we do send them like begger even we cannot say loaded to him also because he also human not say that family to donate some money to poor family at-least god can make them easy life I am also stroke person to my brain since 31/2 years now I am able to walk do my jobs myselfi have two kids god only running my life because I have god 100% faith which one god dont like dont do that when your do any wrong job your mind ordering to you just first time it is wrong then you leave it dont do it is come one time it is very very first trime only then evil goin yourr mind to do that job please please good also come to your mind and bad also come to our mind it is in our hand and leg to do must listen your mind which is come in first