Kelsey Grammer & Wife Welcome Daughter: Faith Evangeline Elisa

Expecting parents Kelsey Grammer and wife Kayte Walsh, pregnant with twins, look to be in high spirits as the couple stroll arm in arm in New York C

Bittersweet news to report for Kelsey Grammer and wife Kayte.

The couple of two years welcomed daughter, Faith Evangeline Elisa, on Friday (July 13). ”We are thrilled,” the couple tells Us Weekly about their baby girl, who weighed in at 6lbs, 2 oz. at birth. “Mother and child are in excellent health.”

Earlier this year, the pair had announced Kayte was carrying twins.

But the pair – who were wed in February 2011 – say they’re focused on moving forward from their loss.

“A glorious birth with a lingering sadness is ours today. We choose to celebrate the life that has been given us,” they share. “We proudly announce Faith to the world today looking forward to the days ahead and the children yet to come.”

The couple also lost a child to miscarriage in late 2010.

Baby Faith is Kelsey’s fifth child. He is already dad to kids Spencer, Kandace, Mason and Jude from previous relationships.

Filed under: Births,Featured,Kayte Walsh,Kelsey Grammer

Photo credit: Pacific Coast News

1. Jen

That is sooooooo terrible. So I’m a little confused though, did the baby die at birth or did they know it was dead before the birth? I thought all his other kids were adopted, as well. Does he have any biological sons?

2. Alexa

Now it makes sense why she looked the size she did. It must have been hard to go through the emotions of losing another. I would have been a worry wart through my whole pregnancy if I were in her shoes.

3. Anon1

Obviously sad about the loss but im sure he’ll have another mistress in a few yrs! Pig.

4. ntm76

I am not a fan of Kelsey at all. He is disgusting but to imply that the miscarriage was deserving because she was his mistress makes me sick. As a person who lives an upstanding life I have had 2 miscarriages. I know plenty of other women as well who did nothing wrong with their life that had miscarriages or lost a child. I hope you never have to go through the awfulness of a miscarriage.

5. Irene

I am very sorry to hear about the loss of their baby son she was carrying, but he really needs now at his age to stop having children. Holy crap Kelsey, enough is enough! Put a sock on it for goodness sakes!

6. DoesntMatter

Another child he wont be emotionally or physically there for in a few years!

7. AnnieMouse

Regardless of one’s feelings of the couple, my heart goes out to them. I can’t imagine how they must be feeling. It must be absolutely heart breaking to celebrate a birth and a death in the same delivery. My congratulations and condolences to their entire family.

8. Porter

I thought she was pregnant with twins???

• Nicole

Did you read the article?

Earlier this year, the pair had announced Kayte was carrying twins. “Tragically, we lost the little boy shortly thereafter,” Kelsey, 57, and Kayte, 31, reveal in a statement. “This was not something we cared to make known publicly at the time. It was unspeakably painful and we know that people will understand our desire to keep the news private then, as we know they will respect our privacy in this matter now.”