Usher’s Stepson Kile Glover, 11, Dies

1342886433_tameka-usher-g

Our hearts go out to Tameka Foster and Usher.

The singer’s 11-year-old stepson, Kile Glover, died Saturday morning after he was taken off life support, TMZ reports. It was determined he would not recover from the injuries he suffered after a July 6 boating accident. Tameka struggled greatly with the decision to take her son off life support, and on Friday, she tweeted the above photo of her son.

Reportedly, Kile was declared brain dead after being struck in the head by a jet ski while riding an inner tube on Lake Lanier, in Atlanta, GA. According to ABC News, 38-year-old Jeffrey S. Hubbard, a friend of the family, was operating the jet ski and is currently under investigation.

Kile was riding with an unidentified 15-year-old girl at the time of the accident. Both were airlifted to Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta at Egleston, and Kile was registered with no brain activity. The girl suffered a broken arm and cut on her head.

At the time of the accident, Usher and Tameka were in a bitter custody battle over their sons Usher Raymond V, 4, and Naviyd, 3. However, the divorced couple put their differences aside to support each other during this difficult time.

Our deepest condolences go out to the Foster-Raymond family.

Filed under: Featured,Tameka Foster,Usher

Photo credit: Twitter

1. Veep

So sad.

2. Jade

This is so sad…praying their family finds peace

3. arabella

my hearts go out to Tameka Foster and Usher.

4. I cried when I heard this.

5. Ava

I’m so sorry for them.

6. musiclover

Such a tragedy…. My heart goes out to them.

7. Jam

This gorgeous baby boy. May he now rest with the Lord and his family be blessed, blessed and given some sort of peace during this time. My heart goes out to this family.

8. loren

This is very sad. I am in tears. Condolences to Tameka and Usher, this is a tough time for their family. Many prayers were said hoping for his recovery. Now, prayers that his family find peace in the hard days ahead. My heart goes out to this family.

9. SMH

My condolences to the family.

In death we are left to grieve the one’s we love but we must find peace in knowing they’re living in a much better place then we all are here on earth.

10. Anonymous9

You know, he had an actual father who was involved in his life. How about we send out condolences to him and not worry so much about the stepfather who was around only a couple of years before dumping mom and moving on? I’m sure he had feelings for the little boy, but he wasn’t the child’s dad; he actually had one of those although you’d never know it from the coverage.

How can you say for sure that he dumped her and moved on? For all you know, it was her fault, or mutual. And while I do feel badly for the son’s bio father, he is not a celebrity and this is a site for celebrities.

11. crystal avalos

Im so sorry for your loss its truly sad….no parent should have to go through that…….my prayers my heart nd thoughts go out to you all R.I.P kile glover….