Bristol Palin: My Son “Used A Different F Word”

Exclusive: Bristol Palin & Tripp Eating Lunch At Vienna Cafe

Viewers of Lifetime’s Bristol Palin: Life’s A Tripp may have thought the 3-year-old son of Bristol Palin uttered a homophobic slur to his aunt Willow on the July 22 episode. However Bristol denies what Tripp said during the toddler’s temper tantrum.

She blogged: “As I’ve said before, I sometimes struggle to raise Tripp. However, he does not use slurs. On the most recent episode of Life’s a Tripp, The Huffington Post is reporting that my son said the word ‘f-gg-t.’ This is not true. Let me be clear. I’m not proud of what he did say. Sadly, he used a different ‘f word.’”

She added, “Lifetime filmed over 12 months (on and off) and they caught a moment on film that would cause any parent to be red in the face. Tripp is always surrounded by adults — around the campfires with cousins and their friends, at the shop with my dad and his snow machine buddies. He’s apparently picked up some language that I’d prefer he not use. On national television or at home.”

The 21-year-old has admitted she is opposed to gay marriage but does not encourage her son to use hate speech.

“I guess the temptation to label my 3-year-old son is just too great for the lefty papers to resist.”

Filed under: Bristol Palin,Featured

Photo credit: FameFlynet

1. DoesntMatter

Understandable. I’m not going to judge her bc I dont know her, but my 3 year old recently came home saying “what the hell” (lol) i’m assuming he picked it up from school but breaking him from saying it has been a struggle bc hes probably hearing it on an everyday basis from another child. As long as she isnt condoning that language he will be fine.

2. That’s the train-wreck mother of the year I suppose people are tuning in to watch. How do we let trash like this on television? Like mother, like daughter I suppose. Bristol is selling herself in any form or fashion just like Sarah to make that money. She pays a ghost-writer to slap together blog entries on hot-button issues to shamelessly promote herself. Her limited vocabulary shines through in Tripp’s favorite words. Talk about some successful capitalists- all body and no brains. See how far they’re willing to go for the cash at http://dregstudiosart.blogspot.com/2011/06/ecstasy-of-sarah-palin_15.html

3. Ellerie

“Lefty papers”…seriously? Don’t put your life on television, especially if you’re a too-young-to-be-a-parent parent who can’t or won’t control what comes out of your mouth. This isn’t about so-called liberal media muckraking just to make her look bad, she makes herself look bad through her actions and interactions with others – which she signed a contract to project to the world, media included.
    Take some responsibility for your kid, if he’s spending so much time around adults that he’s picking up vulgarities, then take him out of that environment, be a parent.

4. Rae

I have heard young children use curse words at the mall, store, restaurants, and the parents did nothing, so, People it happens all over!!

So that makes it ok?

• NYC Mommy

Rae- You are correct it does happen but instead of laughing if you want to address and stop behavior then it should be addressed immediately. The child should be told that is not a nice word to say. Laughing at child makes them think they did a good thing so it is not a good message.

5. Leila

Still hearing about the Palins. Will it ever go away?

6. Allison

I agree with you Rae. Most parents, myself included, have heard things come out of their children’s mouth they wish hadn’t. I’m actually glad she clarified. I thought her son did use “other F word” which really took me by surprise. Give her a little credit. She’s owned up to the fact that she’s made some mistakes, but she’s doing the best she can with what she has right now. Isn’t that what we are all doing?

What is the other F word – f*ck?

8. Rachel

It is pretty obnoxious for the media to report that a 3 year year child used a gay slur when they had no idea what F word he used, they just assumed in order to attack the mother because they don’t agree with her politics. Where is the tolerance in this nation? Stop attacking children to get at their parents. My daughter around that age said a few curse words, I thought they were funny at the time but I had to walk into another room to laugh so I could deal with it appropriately and teach her something else to say in its place. She has made it clear she has a hard time disciplining her son since she is doing it on her own since his deadbeat dad doesn’t do anything. This is what does happen when children are born to very young parents. But stop assuming this child is saying something which would cause a political stir just to attack his mother or grandmother.

• My Name

Nobody is attacking Sarah Palin. No one is attacking Tripp. Bristol is the one being taken to task for laughing and lying about what her son said. The word started with an F ended there was the beep for two syllables and then a T. What do you think he said?

Bristol is a stupid girl who said she can’t discipline her kid because she’s a female and discipline is a man’s job. Well she better get used to it, because no man is going to put up with her for long.

You are the only one bringing up politics.

• R

Honestly, I am no fan of Bristol/the Palins and would admit it if I thought so, but I honestly think it sounded like he said “f*ck”. (To be 100% honest it sounded like he said “face” afterward, but that wasn’t in the closed caption so who knows) With the language kids use, if he said the gay slur word I don’t think they would’ve had the reaction they did. Sadly that word isn’t as big a deal with the age group that Bristol/Willow are. Just my opinion, not saying I’m right because really who knows, but to me it didn’t sound like “f*gg*t” at all.

• My Name

Maybe it was “face”. It was definitely two syllables and f*** face does fit. God knows three year olds are not known for their pronunciation skills. :)

• My Name

Actually Bristol is the only one bringing up politics, implying that this is all the doing of the “Lefty” Papers, when it was her putting her child’s behavior and her inappropriate reaction to that behavior on display for the world to judge. If she doesn’t like the judgement of others, perhaps she should go to college and learn a trade and get a real job and stay out of reality TV. And they should have been more thorough bleeping out fa**ot.

• Rachel sit down somewhere

Just like a Palin fan, in her mirror image, whiney, lack of self awareness and typically “woe is me.” Who has a hard time with a 3 year old to at a point, they just laugh it off and do nothing about it like she has? No one asked her to get her lazy behind on television AGAIN do absolutely nothing AGAIN in order to get folks to feel sorry for her. Btw, shows what you know (nothing) there’s proof documented that she doesn’t let Levi see him, (he even has messages saved, begging her to let him see his son) even though there’s a court order that allows him to but given that Sarah still has friends in high places up there, they’re allowed to do anything whenever and however. They’re nasty and vindictive and this show was in part to get back at Levi by blatantly letting Tripp call another man his “daddy”, though he doesn’t really know the guy well enough to do so.

Btw, bless your poor daughter, if you ever at any point thought it was funny for a child to curse, even if you really didn’t laugh in front of yours, then you have some issues and is a parent just like a Palin is, and that isn’t saying much.

• NYC Mommy

If Bristol or any one else in reality TV do not want their parenting judged; they should stay off TV. If you did not drag the world into your business no one would even know that your son said any F word. You cant have it both ways …. Fame has a price

9. Allison

This is not about which side of the political spectrum you are on, this is about mother’s supporting one another. Bristol is not in an ideal situation, by any means, and none of us know the custody details relating to Levi Johnson and Tripp. Bristol has repeatedly taken responsibility for her actions. Because of her mother, her whole family is high profile and I would imagine Bristol feels very alone and lost. She needs support from us mom’s who have been in these kinds of situations, She needs the tools to know how to handle them better. I am a younger mom (27; 2 kids) I don’t “fit in” with the endless # of 30ish mothers out there, and do not “measure up” to their families in financial aspects but I also wasn’t out partying, having grandma raise my kids. I know how it feels to be in a transition in life, and feel alone.

10. avasmom

Celebrity Baby Scoop only posts stories that help the Palins. Look up the history. They are being political.

11. Popsykl

i find that pacifier more disturbing than the cussing…ditch the dummy mummy

12. Anabelle

Nice cover up Bristol. Tripp DEFINITELY said “faggott” and they just laughed about it. That whole clip was awful, it was like Bristol and Willow were ganging up on the poor boy. He wasn’t even being that bad and they kept calling him bad and laughing at him.