Katherine Jackson Returns To Grandchildren, “Devastated” To Lose Custody

Jackson Family at Michael Jackson Immortalized Hand and Footprint Ceremony

Although the drama continues for the Jackson family, Paris Jackson finally got the reunion she wanted with her grandmother Katherine Jackson. “Grandma’s here! #thankyougod,” Paris, the late Michael Jackson’s 14-year-old daughter tweeted on Thursday morning.

Since the 82-year-old matriarch had been in Arizona, a judge has appointed her nephew, T.J. Jackson (Tito’s 32-year-old son) as temporary guardian of Paris and her brothers Prince, 15, and Blanket, 10.

“I am devastated that while I’ve been away, my grandchildren have been taken away from me, and I’m coming home,” Katherine tells ABC News. She also denies reports that she was kidnapped. “I am here today to let everybody to know that I am good and fine,” and adds, “My children would never do anything to me like that.”

Before her grandmother’s return, Paris retweeted the complaints of her uncle Marlon Jackson. “I’m tired of not knowing where my mom is. I did speak with her last night but she didn’t sound like herself. I was told by Janet, Randy and Jermaine that I could not see my mom. Doctor’s order. like herself. But I see them on television with her. How come they could not call me so I could be with her as well.”

Filed under: Blanket Jackson,Featured,Paris Jackson,Prince Michael Jackson II

Photo credit: FameFlynet

1. Daniella

Those poor kids, Michael must be rolling over in his grave. It’s like everyone in that family (except Grandma) is tugging them in multiple directions & trying to get a piece of the fortune. The kids shouldn’t even have to worry about this kind of crap & family drama.

2. DoesntMatter

I’m starting to think Katherines in on it.. sad.. Hope Tj can somewhat shield them from some of this, the “siblings” cant bully him from what I’ve read.

3. Anonymous9

Good luck to TJ holding back the rest of these money grubbing d-bags. That’s a full-time job.

4. Get Well

Katherine is a defensive old woman this is too much responsibility for a senior.

5. SMH

I think we are hearing so many sides of a story you really don’t know what to believe but one thing is for sure who is monitoring these kids on twitter?? A responsible guardian doesn’t just let kids do as they please and they also don’t get up and leave and not have any contact with them for days! Maybe they are better off somewhere else and hopefully Paris can pipe down with the drama bc the rest of the world doesn’t really care where you g’ma is!

• mary

amen to that!!

• NYC Mommy

SMH and Mary I second that AMEN especially regarding monitoring these kids on TWITTER especially Paris. Family business should be private not blasted on TWITTER. Also, fact that people acting like grandma abadoned kids all alone is ridiculous. I am sure they had their nanny and other staff and family memembers arounds (i.e. TJ etc…) Katherine probably needed a break from taking care of ALL her grandkids. She is in her eighties and that must be very overwhelming.

• Anonymous9

Since it made the front page of every newspaper in the western world, I’d say that people actually do care where her grandma is.

• SMH

No the media cares. They build up controversy over everything.

Let me first start by saying KJ (and her grown kids) are wrong for not telling the kids where g’ma was going and at teh very least g’ma should of said “hey I need a vacation, don’t call me, I’ll call you. So and so will look after you, I love you, see you in a few days!”
        The fact that they didn’t want to let the kids know where she is shows that something fishy is going on.
        What this comes down to is money. They all want a piece of something that is not entitled to them. The money belongs to his children that is where he wanted it to go. He kept his kids away from the family and he sheilded them as much as he could from the public eye. Bam he dies and the kids have twitter accounts, they’re out and about with cousins and bodyguards, they’re in movie roles, they speak in public. MJ would not want this for them and this family is allowing these kids to exploit themselves just like their own parents exploited them! Paris should not be tweeting her families dirty laundry but she is a CHILD and someone needs to control her. If nobody is then the courts should find someone who will.
        The siblings need to buck up and grow up and go find their own damn jobs and make their own money!
        Poor MJ would be rolling in his grave right now. I feel so bad for this man that he will never RIP.

6. Kellie Patrick

Kathryn, take the kids and rent, borrow, buy an island. Take your staff, pets, get out of the crazyness. Let the lawyers battle it out. Neither you or your grandkids have to be under any kind of pressure. You and the kids go someplace quiet, sunny, enjoy yourselves. Just a few months or even a couple of years Play it by ear. Think like King Solomon. You have to be smart now….don’t wear your heart on your sleve. You know that Jehovah will approve of whatever you do to protect your grandchildren.

7. Ivy

Aww, sorry to inturrupt your card game grandma, time to get back to your responsibility and maybe next time let the children know what’s going on so they don’t think their grandma is dead or kidnapped.
    She doesn’t deserve custody.

8. SMH

oh btw KJ gets $70,000 from MJ’s estates a month to care for these kids. Now I can see why everyone suddenly “wants” them and wants to take them away. I am a huge Janet and Michael fan and it hurts me that Janet (who usually doesn’t get involved with family drama) is behind some of this.

9. cathy turner

I believe grandma was TAKEN . She loves those kids and promised her son to take care of them. A mother wouldn’t abandon her responsibility. The siblings don’t give a damn about those kids they only see dollar signs. They’re pathetic . And in the midst of all this maddness, where is Diana Ross. Did she not get notified. She was the next in line to be their guardian. It seems odd that MJ didn’t leave custody to ANY OF HIS SIBLINGS. he new what they were all about. Then there’s Joe who mad the mix complete. He was royally pissed when he wasn’t included in the will’ They all need to shut the hell up and leave those kids alone. They have been thru enough. I say kuddos to Paris for stirring up the pot, shes got guts, not afraid of the skank relatives she has. Stay on on top of it PJ!!

10. rbs

Having known Catherine Jackson since the 1970′s, I’d like to say that she is a strong and awesome woman who has been true to her faith which has helped her survive what she been through a lot for years – and Michael’s death was the culmination. Having Michael’s children may take a lot of time and energy, but as a grandmother who helped raise my grandson on a day-to-day basis and who lost him a couple of years ago because his parents moved out of the country and of course, took him with them, I can tell you that even with my health problems – I am disabled with some serious health issues – it was worth every ounce of energy it took for me to be there for him every day and the effort and tiredness was well worth it. It has been much worse not having him here because we have always been close and a large part of my heart is broken without him. I am sure that is how Catherine would feel about losing those kids and I don’t – and wouldn’t – believe everything I hear. All families have issues, however, most of us are not under a microscope or under the scrutiny of the press and everyone else in the world. Everyone makes assumptions about too many things – especially all things Jackson. It’s time to leave them alone and let them live their lives and work out their problems privately as a family. They have gone through enough. If you want to really help them, the kindest thing you can do is to pray for them and stay out of their business.

11. kim

Doesn’t Katherine look like a tree stump?

12. anonymous

no but u do

13. Ebonita

Well here’s hoping TJ brings some stability to their lives.

14. nosoupforyou

This is one dysfunctional family.

15. Blk

Who’s to say that TJ didn’t have a plan from start to estabish a relationship with those children to take over the money himself…I find it strange that he was quick to go to court without attempting himself to contact Ms. Jackson. He is the backstabber!