Gwen Stefani: Motherhood Is “Superfun”

hbz-september-2012-gwen-stefani-newsstand-w2ZaGF-xln

Gwen Stefani, 42, gets glam on the cover of Harper’s Bazaar‘s September issue, and opens up about her high-maintenance style, her sons Kingston, 6, and Zuma, nearly 4, and juggling her career and motherhood.

On motherhood: ”It’s superfun being a mom, but it’s hard too. Finding that balance between work and family is the hardest thing I’ve ever done—by far.”

On Kingston’s latest fad: “He just discovered superheroes, and he’s obsessed. It was like when I discovered Marilyn Monroe: ob-sess-ed.”

On maintaining her svelte figure: “There is no secret: You just have to eat healthy, work out and torture yourself!” She adds, “I like to wear clothes too much, so I try to keep focused.”

On her high-maintenance beauty regimes: ”I’ve always been a girl who loves to dress up. I already put my makeup on twice today: I put it on to take my kid to school, and then I went home, washed my face, and put it on again to have lunch with you.” She even wears it at home because “I like to make my husband like me more. And he likes it when I’m wearing makeup.”

Filed under: Featured,Gwen Stefani

Photo credit: Harper's Bazaar

1. cb

i wonder if the nanny goes with her to take her kid to school. you never see pics of her w/o her nanny (or two).

2. Elizabeth

It must be superfun indeed when you’re not raising your kids- the nannies are.

• anon.

Exactly. Sure she takes them out to do “fun” things from time to time, but the nanny brigade is always within arms’ reach for when Gwen is tired of her “toys”.

3. Jennie

I agree, I have never seen a photo of Gwen alone with Kingston and Zuma.

• rhonda

good point. unlike other celeb parents with nannies who only seem to “need” the nanny when they work, gwen brings her nannies with her wherever she goes with the kids 24/7 – never spending any time with them solo.

many other celebs are often pictured at playgrounds or running errands with their kids – without a nanny.

4. whatever!

There’s been plenty of pics of Gwen with her kids without the nanny and so what if she has one – she does work she may not have to but that’s her choice at least her kids will see she has a work ethic unlike lazy, dumb parents such as KFederline and Kimberly Stewart. All they have to teach their kids is how to sponge of other people.

• we're ALLLLLLL anonymous

I don’t think you need to build up one person… by ripping down two others.

Unless you have intimate knowledge of ANY of their lives, you can’t judge them.

• anonymous

That’s a good comeback. Bravo. Hopefully that will shut them up for a while — or at least until the next commenter says something negative about Gwen

• fact

You’re fan of lazy and uneducated people?? I feel sorry for you!

• You're a joke

K-Fed and Kimbo Stewart are nothing but trash – go find yourself some better role models..

• Whatever!

Gwen is famous for having talent, lazy Kimberley Stewart and KFederline are only famous for having kids with famous people and living off their exes money (which they have no right to). Do your research before replying to posts these 2 bottomfeeders do not work (and they never will) what do you want to call them hardworking? LMFAO

Where are these pictuers?

• Rose

Gwen works and will teach her kids to have a job and not be a lazy and jobless person until they are 30 then find someone to take thier money and everybody knows that one of the names that were mentioned doesn’t work and only go for coffee and chase the paps and she is 30 so you don’t need to be close to thier lives ,everybody knows that except maybe you maybe

5. Rosy

I find her comment about wearing makeup to make her husband like her more a bit strange and sad. I’m sure he would like her just fine if she wasn’t dolled up 24/7, or he should do.

6. Holly

Vain, insecure, and clue-less

Nothing wrong with wanting to look good for your husband. He should want to look good for you as well. I think too many couples let themselves go after marriage. Not saying it’s easy… just a good thing to do.

8. HAHAHAHA

Alot of jealous hags on this post you’re lives must be soooo dull and empty..