Miranda Kerr: “When I’m With Flynn, My Phone Is Switched Off”

hbz-august-2012-miranda-kerr-2-JB9sHz-xln

In the September issue of Harper’s Bazaar, supermodel Miranda Kerr bares all – with the exception of knee-high boots – and opens up about being mom to 19-month-old son Flynn, and staying healthy and balanced.

On how motherhood has changed her: “Becoming a mother has made me even more aware and more passionate about nutrition and wellness. So much so that I am now a certified health coach practitioner.”

On staying balanced: “I believe in having a vision for the future but living each day at a time. Time seems to slow down for me when I focus on staying in the moment and that helps me maintain a sense of balance. When I’m with Flynn my phone is switched off and I stay away from my laptop. It means the time I do spend with him is quality time. Life seems to be busy for most people and if you know you are doing the best you can then there really is nothing more you can do than that.”

On her taste for adventure: “I definitely still love motorbikes; however, since having Flynn I haven’t been riding these days. A lot of my adventures come from chasing Flynn around and watching him grow.”

Go to Harper’s Bazaar to see more from Miranda…

Filed under: Miranda Kerr

Photo credit: Harper's Bazaar

1. devyn

One of the most annoying women ever.

2. Kristine

She might be as annoying as Gisele…..

3. groti

What’s with her face in the picture? She is so badly photoshoped

4. Eva

More annoying than people who anonymously trash total strangers on the internet? Probably not!

5. hello people

The comments on this site always seem to be some of the cattiest, unkind & mean around.

And oddly enough, they all seem to come from women.

Way to go girls, you really know how to trash one another, very inspiring.

Now go get a life & stop living your unhappiness through other people.

THE END & I dare to say this will be my last time here

• Lakesha

It’s sometimes hard for struggling women to see the good in women who seem to have it all.

Funny you say that because I’ve read some of your not so nice comments about Women celebrities on this site, so I guess you must find it hard also.

• Lakesha

Point out just one.

• Anon

How catty is you comment about the comments. Making the assumption that people are struggling or are jealous of Miranda. Miranda has a lot going for her however, her sanctimounious statments are annoying. Sofia Coppola was right with her comment about actress/model moms. Miranda comes off as if she has something to prove. Which is usually the way women behave when they use pregnancy to extort a marriage.

• Anna

Aren’t you being hypocritcal? Your talking about woman trashing other woman and yet your doing the same thing.

6. Scooter

I like her. I think she’s awesome. Not sure why anyone would be annoyed by her?

• Shannon

I agree. I don’t know her, but she seems like a really great mom. Not sure why that is annoying to people but maybe they are indeed jealous. Perhaps if she were going on about how other people should raise their kids the way she raises hers than that would be annoying.

7. ksj

I def wouldn’t have recognized her without being told who it was. Awful photoshop.

8. Dana

I like her. She’s positive, energetic, a very hands on mother and my favorite VS model, because she’s very down-to-earth. I don’t see what all the fuss & commotion is about. If you don’t like a celebrity, simply don’t read the article published about them. How people choose to channel their negative energy is always surprising to me. What purpose does it serve to say rude things about a woman none of you have even met? Unhappiness within people seems to come out in the funniest ways – hence channeling that unhappiness through a celeb baby site that is probably meant to be a happy place!! I come here to see happiness, cute babies, baby news, etc….