Tori Spelling Defends Her Bikini Bump

16234_alb_xlarge_386x400_28362_1344441384

If you’ve got it, flaunt it! That’s expectant mom Tori Spelling‘s philosophy when it comes to showing off her beautiful baby bump.

The former 90210 star took to her blog ToriSpelling.com today to fight back against critics who took her to task for baring her belly in sexy swimsuits this summer.

“A few months back, I caught a lot of flack on two separate occasions for bearing my baby bump in a bikini and monokini while spending the day poolside with my family,” wrote the pregnant mom-of-three. “I have to say, I’m super proud of my bump. Why should I be embarrassed and cover up something that’s the greatest gift a woman can experience? A pregnant woman in any shape or size is beautiful!”

Encouraging all expectant moms to “embrace your growing curves and bourgeoning belly,” Tori added that she thinks she’s passing on a positive message to her kids Liam, 5, Stella, 4, and Hattie, 9 months, by showing off her shape.

“As for setting an example as a mother – please. I’m making a conscious decision to show my daughters that they can express themselves and be proud as a woman of their bodies. I don’t ever want them to think that they should be ashamed of or self-conscious of their bodies, no matter what shape it’s in.”

What do you think of Tori baring her bump?

Filed under: Expecting,Featured,Tori Spelling

Photo credit: ToriSpelling.com

1. Joanne

“I’m making a conscious decision to show my daughters that they can express themselves and be proud as a woman of their bodies. I don’t ever want them to think that they should be ashamed of or self-conscious of their bodies, no matter what shape it’s in.”

If that really were the case, why all the plastic surgery?

• Taylor

You made the most awesome and true comment I have seen on this site in a LONG time!

• Dee Willis

She’s a joke–how about explaining one day how you cheated on your then husband with Dean who cheated on his then wife. Something the kids will be proud of. Sorry bikini’s are ok if you look great pregnant but the black lacey ugly number is way too sexy for a mom to be with her family; save it for Vegas baby.

• Gogogo

In 20 years, if they are still married, their children won’t care if they were married before they met. And they don’t owe their children an explanation about that.

Paul Newman cheated on his wife with his second wife and then have been married for 50 years and is now cited as an example of good marriage. (Where is Courtney when you need her?)

• laura

I totally agree! :) That’s brilliant!

2. Annie

So many pregnant Moms these days are going the route of showing the bump in a Bikini and your statement is right one. The only thing I wouldn’t do is wear the black MonoBikini as it isn’t as flattering and looks a little too sexy to be anywhere but in a backyard with the family. Not saying if I had the body I wouldn’t wear it but the fishnet look and all is a little much for the public pool. More Las Vegas Style with the Hubby..

Are pregnant women supposed to crawl in a hole and die? There is nothing wrong with her bathing suits. I don’t ever see non-pregnant celebrities defending their right to wear a bikini……

4. Lakesha

She looks amazing!

• Anna

She looks photoshop.

Tori photoshop those pictures and airbrush all her imperfection away then posted photos. Why go to all that work when the message your trying to give off is pregnacy is beatyfull?

• Ivy

let me introduce you to two letters- ED.
        anyway, the black suit is a little slutty and and not even cute, pregnant or not. otherwise she looks fine. it’s ok to wear a binkini unless you’re fat, in that case keep your clothes on because no one wants to see that.

5. as is

Bikinis are fine on pregnant women, its the black monokini that barely covers Tori’s crotch that’s in poor taste.

6. laura

On one side I guess pregnant women often feel very weak and sensible about their body, because of the weight gain and all the changes (and normal women much more than celebrities, who have the best nutritionists, chefs and personal trainers).. So I think it’s important for one’s self esteem to like your body even in that phase and to try to take care of yourself and not just wear sweatpants all day… A pregnant body is not ugly and immoral to see, it’s the miracle of life, it’s a joyful time..
    BUT I also think you should do it with a bit of taste.. :-)
    The bikini is fine, but the monokini is barely covering her vagina… Come on, I agree it’s beautiful and sexy, but you should wear it just for your husband and keep it private.. It’ good if you feel sexy and beautiful, but at least cover your private parts!! Even not pregnant the monokini is a little bit too much, especially the lower part..

7. I’m usually the first person to throw a rock at this shameful gal but in this instance I’m on her side, seeing nothing wrong w/ a pregnant woman in a bathing suit of any kind, even out in public and in front of cameras and no matter how far along in pregnancy she is.

8. Beth-Ann

Love her in the orange bikini! She looks wonderful!

9. cindy

It is laughable that Tori thinks she is setting a good example about body image for her daughters consideriing all of the plastic surgery she has had and that she was an anorexic looking waif a few short years ago! Wearing a bikini while pregnant is fine; staging a photo op wearing a slutty monokini in front of your impressionable kids is opportunistic and narcissistic.

10. Mimi

Some of us do not think a pregnant body is any more beautiful than fat is. Just because you have a baby inside you does not make the rest of us care and have to look at you in a bikini. That being said, many people wear bikinis who have no business doing so and I am not singling out Tori nor preggos in general. BUT, this particular suit is whoring looking at best. Nice mesh crotch! No one should wear this!

11. Dianne

Those daring and “candid” bikini shots were taken by her personal paparazzi agency Splash who make mama proud by photoshopping the heck out of them before sending them out to the magazines and websites.

12. Gladys

Pregnancy is a beautiful thing but in my opinion the only thing that would look good on Tori is a brown bag covering her ugly face! She is hideous no ifs ands or buts about it!!

13. Tammy

The orange bikini isn’t too bad. I’ve seen that a lot these days. However that black number is not appropriate because its not really just showing her baby bump -it’s showing her crotch too! – just what the world wants to see!- Not! Lol! Save that for your hubby (who btw is looking pretty scruffy there!) The dogs are cute though! I agree that she is sending contradicting messages to her children if her idea is to show that pregnancy is not something to hide and that no one should be ashamed of their looks. That is laughable coming from her who has had all that plastic surgery to “change” her looks!