Nicole Kidman On Mommy Guilt

nicole_v

Showing off her fabulous form, Nicole Kidman graces the cover of V Magazine‘s Fall 2012 issue. In the interview, the actress, 45, opens up about her new film, The Paperboy, and keeping the flame alive with husband Keith Urban amidst raising their young daughters: Sunday, 4, and Faith, 1.

On kid-free getaways: “I rented this beautiful house on the beach. I thought, ‘We’ll go and swim in the ocean and just get lost in each other.’ So we go down, just us, and I’m like, ‘We really should bring the kids.’ And then the kids come down and the whole dynamic changes. Another time, we got one night, and then we were both in tears. It was ridiculous. But time is so precious and I love the sound of them and the feel of them. I just don’t want to miss anything, and I don’t want them to go ‘Where’s my mom?’ So I’m working through that.”

On having to pee on Zac Efron‘s character in the movie: “The peeing thing, I didn’t think was that weird, because I was in character. That was for the jellyfish. And for me it said so much about Charlotte. One, she’s protecting him. Two, she’s tough as nails and no one else is going to pee on this guy. All of that made total sense to me. I just went for it and didn’t overthink it.”

On trusting her instincts: “I don’t really make decisions, I go with the flow. If I were a strategically minded person, I think I would have a far different career. But I would be more outlandish if I could. A lot of times you just don’t get the chance.”

For more with Nicole, visit V Magazine

Filed under: Nicole Kidman

Photo credit: V Magazine

1. N.S

Does she have anything to do wit her 2 other adopted children anymore? Serious question. I haven’t seen any pictures of them together or any interviews where she mentions her older kids, she only talks about the younger 2.
    I’ve seen plenty of pictures of Tom Cruise with them, and he talks about them all the time.

2. margot

N.S. you should read something about Scientology and Disconnection Policy. It has been proved Bella and Connor are disconnected from her. Read Tony Ortega’s article before questioning Nicole’s motherhood.

3. BDK

I’ve read that Connor and Isabella don’t want any contact with Nicole. Maybe has something with Scientology to do…

4. DoesntMatter

now WHY is she 45 years old and posing like this on a magazine cover?! My mother is 45 and i would DIE if she ever posed like this! Geez Nicole, leave it to the young girls!

• Mee80

Why should she leave it to young women? If she’s sexy enough to do it…I don’t understand this logic “she’s a mother she can’t do it”. Please…What a moralist society. Not because a woman becomes a mother (and she’s been a mother for twenty years) she stops living or feeling hot. She seems ok and at ease with her body, leave her alone.

• marianne

I’m Nicole’s age and although I’m not magazine cover material, I say good for her — if you’ve got it, flaunt it. BTW, how old are you — does Mom know you are on the computer??

Really? If you’ve got it, flaunt it? So if you’ve got an ass, you should pose with it half hanging out of a skirt while topless?

Yeah, ok.

• DoesntMatter

Still embarrasing. Shes 45 HANG IT UP and fyi she does NOT look good!! Photoshop like crazy. And i’m a grown woman, why would my mom need to know that im on the computer? Where I come from Mothers are supposed to be classy and respectable at all times! Nicole is trashy fo doing this cover point blank period and I know her kids are embarassed!

• DoesntMatter

Your obviously having a mid life crisis like Nicole.. your 45 lady! Go sew, or knit.. do things older women like yourself are supposed to be doing! You’re not young and neither is nicole!

• Audrey

If I could look that good, I do believe I’d do it too.

5. LU

1: hahahahahahaha too much photoshop
    2. why she doesnt talk about the oldest kids? if they dont like,ok, but she … i belive cientology its a problem, but she as a mother, has to speak.

6. SMH

The only thing I ever heard her say is that they choose to live with Tom. I bet Scientology has something to do with it. It’s why Nicole got out, it’s why Katie got out. I think I’ve seen Suri be more of a kid in the last month then her entire 6 yrs. Seems like they are brainwashed and sheltered. But then again what do I know about that cult I mean “religion”.

7. Paige

Very classy for a mother to pose with her azz showing … Great role model

8. Elisa

She choice NOT to SEE the kids ! Not Scientology! When she was married she did
    Not really seen with Conner and Isebella! Only when Tom and Nicole had biological
    Children they both of them were seen with just their own daughters! Conner and Isebella were seen in the background holding Suri’s blanket and toys..After the divorce we saw more of Conner doing DJ ing…and now he is doing DJing in Europe!
    So if Nicole wanted to see the kids she would. But her own daughters are what matters and that is why Tom is not seen with Suri that much

9. Bink

The 2 older kiddos will be THRILLED with this cover. I see eyerolls in her future!

10. NOT BUYING IT IN NASHVILLE

Katie got her daughter despite Scientology. Guess Nicole did not think adopted children were worth fighting for!

And what’s this about Keith Urban having a child from a previous relationship? Oh do tell!

11. Dianne

Wow, it’s not easy to grow old in Hollywood, why can’t they go out with some dignity?

12. devyn

Everything about this woman is vile. I don’t get why people don’t see her for the opportunist that she is. Yes, blame Scientology for her not fighting to the end for her children. She and Tome divorced over 10 years ago the kids were only about 7 and 10. If he was so bad, why leave your children with him? The things with her just don’t add up. As for the photo, if you have it flaunt it, please, she don’t got it and never had it. That ass hanging half out is photoshopped. This woman is pale wrinkly and sagging in that department.

13. Mimi

If this was a 45 year old actor posing in so “indicent” posture you woudln’t say a thing. It’s clear she’s in character for her next role in the movie Paperboy. So seriously you people need to get a grip.

As for the older kids you don’t know a thing, at least not for sure, only speculations. Katie Holmes got off the hook so misteriously quickly but i really doubt it was all Tom’s mercy or her being so superwoman on it. Something fishy is going on there that was NOT happening 10 years ago or so when he divorced Nicole. Back then, the talk was that he got full custody and Scientology did play a big part. But like i said, it’s all speculation. No one knows the actual truth.