Tori Spelling & Dean McDermott Welcome Baby No. 4: Finn Davey!

candy-spelling-reveals-tori-spellings-due-date-1

Congratulations to Tori Spelling and Dean McDermott, who welcomed their son Finn Davey McDermott today!

Baby Finn was born this evening at 5:39pm and weighs 6lbs 6oz and measures 20 inches, the happy mom announced on her blog ToriSpelling.com. “We are so excited to announce the birth of the newest member of the McDermott family!,” she wrote, also sharing a picture of his tiny hand wrapped around hers.

Finn joins older siblings Liam, 5, Stella, 4, and Hattie, 10 months, as well as Dean’s son Jack from his previous marriage. Just yesterday Tori revealed that the kids have been looking forward to the new baby’s arrival:

“They are excited!. I got pregnant so quickly after I had Hattie that I think they’re just like, ‘Oh, Mom’s constantly in a state of pregnancy.’ They say they’re going to be excited when I’m not pregnant anymore so I can have pillow fights again with them. That’s their big thing.”

Congratulations to Tori and Dean on the arrival of baby Finn!

Filed under: Births,Dean McDermott,Featured,Tori Spelling

Photo credit: Instagram, ToriSpelling.com

1. Anon

Mazal tov! Nice Irish name for the little Irish twin.

2. Sally

Interesting name choice. Not necessarily bad, it just seems like two nicknames
    paired together, “Finn, short for Finley” & “Davey, short for David”. Instead of just something like “Finley David McDermott.” To each their own though. That’s what I love
    celebrity baby names because they are mostly all unique in one way or another. I love the first names, Liam, Stella, Hattie & Finn. They (Dean & Tori) don’t give two hoots about what my opinion is & that’s the way it should be. I just am stating my opinion, everyone else is welcomes to do the same!

• tiki

davey isn’t short for david. it’s tori’s middle name as well. she and her new son are named after her paternal grandfather. congrats to the whole family!

• Sally

Oh cool. Thanks for sharing. I like passing on family names. I know Liam’s middle name is after her dad, but I wonder if Stella Doreen or Hattie Margaret are familial names at all. My first name Sara, is after my mother & great grandmother. Sally is what they call me. My grandfather, dad, & brother all share the same name, so that makes then Sr., Jr. & III. Too much information?? :)

• Sally

So here’s to actually doing my own research. Apparently I was a little clueless on this one:
          Liam Aaron – Aaron being after Tori’s dad
          Aaron Spelling.
          Stella Doreen – Doreen being after Dean’s mom.
          Hattie Margaret – Margaret being after the nanny,
          who basically raised her.
          Finn Davey – Davey being after Tori’s middle name
          which was her grandfather’s name.(Thanks
          for the ‘Davey’ info, Tiki. Again, too much?? LOL

3. jlm

love the name!

4. popsykl

YAY!!! congrats…awesome strong name…..love all her names

5. JessicaE

Congrats!! Beautiful family

6. Rosy

Aww congratulations, welcome to the world baby Finn :)

7. Congratulations. Like the name 2.
    She has now irish twins. Irish twins are two children who aren’t a year apart.
    Sorry if my English isn’t good, I am Dutch.

8. klutzy_girl

Congratulations to them! I love his name – And I’m glad they got the boy they thought they were having!

I guess this answers the “how old was Hattie” when she got pregnant question.

Not really. Finn could have arrived early.

Yeah, true. Candy Spelling said Tori was going to have an early c-section. CBS here published that awhile ago: “She’s expecting on my birthday, September 20,” Candy told In Touch. “But it’s going to be a cesarean, so she’s going to have it earlier.”

Maybe Tori got pre-eclamptic and they delivered him early or something.

Dumb name – after a fish limb SMH

11. SMH

I don’t mind the name I think it fits well with the others. Wow two babies under 10 months old! Thank goodness she has Patsy!

12. Anon.

I don’t see how the new baby could have arrived early if she went for yet another scheduled C-section?

• Belle

Maybe she was having complications where the baby needed to be born early. Just because she had a c-section doesn’t mean he couldn’t have come early.

I believe that she was due around 9/15 she said

She could have had preeclampsia and the doctors did the c-section early to stop it. But, he’s a good size, so I don’t think he came all that early,

13. cb

What does Dean do ? for work ?

14. Elle

I had a feeling it might be a boy, hah. I like the name.

15. Jessica

Love his name! I cant wait to see a picture of all the kids together, my three kiddos are the same ages as liam, stella, and hattie.

16. So many children… It must be really difficult! But I can only imagine how happy can parents be, when they all are together!