Snooki Introduces Son Lorenzo Dominic

MTV_Snooki

Meet Lorenzo Dominic LaValle!

Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi and fiancé Jionni LaValle share the first photo of their newborn son via MTV Wednesday. The animal print-clad new mama cradles her  1-week-old son, nicknamed Enzo, as Jionni smiles with pride.

“It’s a different kind of love that I never felt before,” the new mom, 24, tells PEOPLE.

After more than 24 hours of labor, the Jersey Shore star gave birth to baby Enzo on August 26.

And how did they come up with his name?

“We were going back and forth, and I just happened to think of Lorenzo,” says Jionni, 25, who adds that he was inspired by a child he knew from his hometown, where the new family-of-three now live with his parents. “She loved it.”

The baby’s middle name, Dominic, is in memory of Snooki’s late uncle. “I did it for my dad,” she says.

Snooki admits that her “adorable” son has helped transform her into a “new person.”

“When I got pregnant, everything changed,” says Snooki, who is currently filming the second season of her MTV spin-off Snooki & JWOWW. “The partying is long gone. I’m a new person.”

Last summer, when the 4’9″ reality star was entering her third trimester, she admits that everything felt different.

“It was definitely a little lonely,” she shares. “Everyone was still going out and staying up late and I just wanted to go to bed at 8 o’clock. I didn’t want to do everything that everyone else was doing.”

The final season of MTV’s Jersey Shore premieres October 4.

Filed under: Featured,First Glimpse,Jionni LaValle,Lorenzo LaValle,Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi

Photo credit: MTV

1. Sarah

Jionni “just happened” to think of Lorenzo? Um- anyone who watched last weeks Snookie & Jwow episode saw Snookie name the fake baby doll that Jwow got her “Lorenzo”.

2. SMH

He is cute and l hope she does change her ways.

3. kao

they live at home with his parents?! what they dont have money for a apartment?! come on!!

4. DoesntMatter

Baby looks cute! Snooki looks really good, especially without that ridiculous hair poof LOL

5. HDP

Snooki is somehow looking better one week after birth than she ever has – motherhood seems to have changed her for the better in a lot of different ways.

Congrats Snooki!

6. Luuuluuu

Why not give the boy a latino/hispanic name to pay tribute to his mother’s actual ethnicity? Snookie is NOT of Italian heritage, she was adopted from Peru, by an American family of Italian heritage. She’s a spicy Latino, not a spicy Italiano.

• DoesntMatter

Just because her ethnicity is Peruvian does not mean she has to name her child a peruvian name.. maybe *GASP* she wanted to pay tribute to the family that loved and raised her and not the family that gave her away.. just sayin

• amy

actually, snooki was born in and adopted from chile, so she is not peruvian, but chilean. and her son is still half italian. jionni chose the first name, she chose the middle – why is that wrong? they both had a say and both chose a name that they liked. sounds like a perfect combo to me. and besides – their baby, their choice.

• avm

Lonrenzo is a Latin name. Hispanics and Italians are both of Latin descent. Besides, it’s just a name. They could have named the baby Brian and it wouldn’t make a difference to anyone. It doesn’t change your background or your behavior in anyway. That’s all in the child’s upbringing, and the most important thing aside from health, I think.

• cara

1. Italians are Latin people. “Latino” comes from “Latin”, referring to people who speak languages derived from Latin, i.e. Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, etc.

2. Lorenzo is a very common name in Spanish-speaking countries too, including and especially in the “Southern Cone” (Chile, Argentina) where Snooki was born.

7. Alvie

Motherhood looks good on Snookie! If she hadn’t been pregnant, I would have sworn she had plastic surgery. And that little baby is ADORABLE. Here’s hoping she has matured and I wish her and her family much happiness.

8. Gorgeous baby boy! Lil Enzo!

9. Bloubiboulga

Say what you want about her (I’ve never seen any of her show) but I love that proud mummy face she’s got. I hope she will end up like Nicole Richie, a loving responsible mother.

Cute baby too.

10. Jen

He’s so cute! Looks like a combo of both of them right now, I wonder which one he will resemble more as he gets older. And Snooki looks great!

11. popsykl

what a beautiful little family :)

12. Gladys

Who gives a flying frock about her being adopted and her ethnicity! The Lil baby is absolutely adorable! As for his name, really? People name there children off the wall crap so wtf… His name is cute!

13. Shelly

I can’t believe people really care about this girl! A reality star? Really? Get a life people!!!!!!!!! I hope her 15 min. will be up SOON!

14. Kaylee

I for one am proud of her for changing, there is an obvious difference in the way she acts. Granted she does have a bad reputation from all the things that happens on Jersey Shore, BUT people can and do change.
    #TeamMeatball (:

15. They seem to be a cute couple not to mention the cutest baby. But seeing Snooki loss her weight after childbirth, I can compare her to Kim Kardashian.. Don’t you think so??

16. They seem to be a cute couple not to mention the cutest baby. But seeing Snooki loss her weight after childbirth, I can compare her to Kim Kardashian.. Don’t you think so??