Alicia Keys: Egypt Is Potty Trained!

2012 MTV Video Music Awards - Arrivals

Alicia Keys attended last nights MTV VMAs with her two favorite guys: Her husband Swizz Beatz and their almost 2-year-old son Egypt.

The ‘No One’ crooner couldn’t help but gush about her toddler’s most recent milestone as she walked the red carpet: “He just got potty trained!” Alicia revealed.

So how did she tackle the sometimes difficult task of ditching the diapers?

“Basically, [you have to] take them to the military! I took him to the military!” she laughed. “No, it’s really just consistency and love and support and it was just so amazing.”

The proud mom is getting back to music these days and has a new album in the works. She says the songs have been inspired by everything that’s been happening in her life.

“It’s a new world for me, it’s a new life for me. I’m more in control of myself as a woman, as a businesswoman, as a mom, as a wife. Everything is new.”

Filed under: Alicia Keys

Photo credit: Bauer Griffin

Maybe she can show Kourtney KarTRASHian how its done since Mason at 3 is still crapping is his diapers and its not like she works or anything and doesn’t have the time.

You seem to have a lot to say about this woman, which you could have only learned by watching their show. Why are you watching the show of someone you find so vile?

2. SMH

Kids potty train when they are ready. Some pi k it up quickly others dont but consistency is key.

3. Jess

Mason is not 3 til December, and how the hell do u know where her child craps u loser get a life!

She didnt say she knows WHERE he craps. She said he’s still crapping in his diapers. I am married with 6 kids and all of my kids were potty trained by 2. If a child is not trained by 3 that usually means a lazy parent.

Do you do that to everyone you know, and don’t know? You judge their parenting based on one criteria? Or do you just bitch about everyone behind their backs so that you can feel like a superior parent?

Ok, my turn: 6 kids? Do you ever close your legs? Or do you just keep popping them out because you’re not good at anything else? Or so you don’t have to get a real job?

• Noinin

What you are saying is just stupid. My son is 3 1/2 and has only been feeling comfortable with his potty for 2 months or so. I don’t define myself as a lazy parent at all, since I started gentle potty training forever ago. I simply didn’t feel like forcing him to do something he wasn’t feeling ready for.

• SMH

Really? Diapers are expensive most parents encourage potty training as early as possible! I never met parent who was like “oh l would rather spend 30 bucks on diapers then bother with toilet training!”

5. v-girl

Egypt is a ridiculous name…..ick.

6. anonymous

Egypt is a beautiful name for a gorgeous little boy

• Sonya

Total agreement. I love his name and it seems to suit him perfectly. Great job on the potty training. Egypt is a very lucky little guy to have such a devoted and caring mother.

7. kariin

it’s ugly name. sorry little boy lol