Bill & Giuliana Rancic Introduce Edward Duke

L&S 1239 cover

Meet Edward Duke!

Bill and Giuliana Rancic show off their adorable 2-week-old baby boy for the first time in Life & Style, on newsstands now. “I had always heard that when you have a baby it completes your life — and it’s true,” Giuliana gushes. “I love my baby, and I love my new role.”

The proud new parents posed with their son — whom they call Duke — during the exclusive photo shoot at the Four Seasons Hotel Chicago on September 9.

“Every day he’s changing — it’s just remarkable to see,” Bill, 41, says. “[He’s] got Giuliana’s dimples!”

How did they come up with the baby name?

“Edward is Bill’s late dad’s name and my dad’s name,” Giuliana explains. “It was a way to honor them. And Duke means leader.”

The E! News host, 38, seems to have adjusted beautifully to motherhood.

“It’s amazing how maternal instincts have taken over, and Giuliana’s just supermom,” says Bill. “It literally brought tears to my eyes the other day watching her with Duke.”

And apparently she’s a pro at changing diapers. “I’d never changed more than a diaper or two in my life,” she laughs. “Now it’s like the littlest things that make me happy — happier than I’ve ever been.”

It was a long road to parenthood for the couple. After struggling for years with infertility and IVF injections, Giuliana was diagnosed with breast cancer and in December 2011 underwent a double mastectomy. When she was told to delay trying to get pregnant again for at least five years, the couple searched out a surrogate and shortly after announced that they were expecting.

Finally on August 29, baby Duke made his arrival via gestational carrier.

“I couldn’t believe that all those years of struggling and the tears actually paid off,” Giuliana says. “Every shot, every doctor’s visit — in the end, when you’re holding your baby in your arms, you forget it all, and it’s worth it.”

For all the exclusive pics of baby Edward Duke, pick up this week’s issue of Life & Style, on newsstands now!

Filed under: Bill Rancic,Featured,First Glimpse,Giuliana Rancic

Photo credit: Gregory Goode for Life & Style magazine

1. Courtney

• Marilyn

They are well known – especially Giuliana because she’s a TV personality.

• Ciku

Have you been living under a coconut shell all this while?? They are famous.

• Kristen

Are you serious?! with that last comment…posted by Courtney
      “Posted on Wednesday, September 12, 2012 at 8:56 am
      baby Edward is cute but why the hell does he get a magazine cover when his idiot parents aren’t actually famous”

These are the kind of people who are famous in my eyes…. THEY INSPIRED MANY PEOPLE AND HAVE GIVEN MANY PEOPLE HOPE- IN GIULIANA’S HARDEST DAYS SHE STOOD UP AND SPOKE ABOUT HER SITUATION… SHE IS AN AMAZING PERSON AND SO IS HER HUSBAND …. THEY ARE A BEAUTIFUL COUPLE AND I WISH THEM THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!

• Courtney,
      You obviously haven’t followed Bill and G. If you had you wouldn’t have such a nasty attitude about this precious miracle baby. His parents are
      very caring and classy people who are mad for each other and this new
      baby boy. They are people with integrity and kindness for everyone.
      Something you Idiot don’t know anything about. Look up the meaning of attitude while your taking pot shots at descent people.

• Judi

She’s E! Entertainment host and they got their own sh!tty reality show ( as well as 70% of the “celebrities”). nothing to be excited about

2. Sarah

Soooooooo happy for them! My husband and I tried for 7 years to have a baby- going through all the emotions, disappointment… Suffering through the tragic stillbirth of our first daughter at 40 weeks, 1 day gestation in May 2007, then a miscarriage in July 2010, finally bringing home our miracle baby on May 8, 2012 after a 2nd IVF cycle- I totally get what they went through because I’ve been through it too.

Congratulations to them both!

3. Kristen

Are you serious?! with that last comment…posted by Courtney
    “Posted on Wednesday, September 12, 2012 at 8:56 am

If the KarTRASHians can make the covers of every magazine, these 3 beautiful people certainly can.

5. Arlene S.

Wow, to Courtney and Anonymous. Troll much? This is a CELEBRITY mag, so this is what people want to see. A lot of people have been rooting for Giuliana and Bill, so don’t be a douchebag. they deserve this happiness, just like any one who has been through all the struggles they have been through.

@Sarah, my heart goes out to you and your losses. Glad that you have your little Angel. As for the 2 other cowards, no one has to like G & B, but if you don’t, keep it to yourself. Karma could be a real b!tch for you later in life.

6. Someone

The baby looks just like Bill in that pic! Although I don’t really know who these people are (I haven’t had cable in years), I can appreciate their longing for a baby, there is nothing like it in the world. So a big congrats to them, he’s a cutie!

Why do people feel the need to let other people know that they “don’t really know who these people are”?

It’s so weird…….

• Someone

Why do you care? Previous posters were making a big deal over who they are. I was just saying that I don’t know who they are in the entertainment industry. I don’t know why YOU are so bothered by it. You must really sweat the little things.

7. go Courtney!

Hue! As much as I respect her personal story with infertility and cancer, I find her really pathetic… Like, she WANTS to be famous so much that it looks like she’s paying magazines to get an interview even if she has nothing to say.
    I respect speaking about her personal struggles to inspire other women, but she’s CONSTANTLY in the news and FOR NO REASON..

Like:
    “G.Rancic talks about her unborn baby
    G.Rancic starts working on her baby’s nursery
    G.Rancic is so happy
    G.Rancic is having a boy
    G.Rancic buys baby clothes
    G.Rancic completes the nursery
    G.Rancic has babyshower
    G.Rancic goes on babymoon
    G.Rancic’s baby is about to come
    G.Rancic is sleeping a lot because in the next weeks she’s not going to
    G.Rancic’s surrogate is in labor
    G.Rancic welcomes baby boy
    G.Rancic brings baby boy home
    G.Rancic is so happy about her baby boy
    G.Rancic reveals baby’s name
    G.Rancic introduces baby boy

ehm…Now that we know EVERY SINGLE aspect of G.Rancic’s life could we be left alone?
    I hope I’m not misunderstood, I respect her and her husband for their story and struggles, but this woman is really over-talked-about…

8. laura

Oh, she’s so pathetic.
    To be clear: I respect their personal story and struggles and also the fact that she talks about it to inspire other women.
    BUT she is constantly on the news for absolutely no reason, I’m starting to think that she pays the magazines to talk about her. There’s plenty of articles about her with absolutely no content, she’s really craving for fame.. And really, 60% of what they write about her is far from interesting..

• Love Cyr

So sad that you’re jealous

• laura

Jealous of what, exactly?

• KTGrace

Well, you did spend an awful lot of time on those two posts (and yes, it’s clear that you posted as go Courtney as well).

Who spends time posting about people like that?

• laura

Yeah, it was me. Actually when I wrote the first one, after the “under moderation time”, I checked and it had disappeared.
            I thought they erased it because it was too long, so I wrote a shorter version because I thought it would have been accepted and obviously I didn’t want to be bothered writing the same again, though I like to speak my mind.
            Then the first one appeared back again. That’s why it’s double.

• laura

If I wanted to pretend to be two different people I would have used synonyms, or I would have written things like “you’re right, I agree!”.. :)
            The fact that I used the exact same words proves that I was just honestly speaking my mind.

9. Love Cyr

So very happy for Bill and Giuliana. I followed them from the start of the marriage to their trials. God is good for blessing them with a beautiful son. May they always be blessed with God’s grace.

10. denise

He is sooo precious. Best of luck, best wishes. He is the best miracle, the best gift anyone can give to another person. Your surrogate is a special lady!!!!

11. Dil

This isn’t a miracle, it’s science. Maybe if people invested in research and scientific progress, more women who are currently dealing with everything G’s dealt with over the past year would have the opportunity to become mothers too.
    I’m happy for them, they definitely deserve this after their struggle, but this is not a miracle. It was the work of doctors, nurses, their amazing, generous carrier, and everyone in their support system, and a society the encourages science and innovation in the name of human progress.

12. popsykl

beautiful baby so happy for them :)

13. holli

The news if their sweet baby’s arrival brought tears to my eyes. G and Bill deserve every happiness. He’s beautiful!!!