Vanessa & Nick Lachey Welcome First Child: Camden John

The Opening of Marquee Night Club in Australia

Congratulations to Nick and Vanessa Lachey who welcomed a baby boy on Wednesday (September 12)!

People reports the couple said in a statement, “We are incredibly proud to announce the birth of our beautiful baby boy, Camden John Lachey. Born today at 6:54 p.m., he came into this world at 8 lbs., 9 oz. and 21 inches. Love has truly been redefined for both of us.”

Vanessa, 31, and Nick, 38, were last seen on Tuesday going out for breakfast.

In a past interview the Stars Earn Stripes star said he wanted to be a dad for a long time.

“I’ve wanted to be a dad for a long, long time,” Nick told In Touch. “It’s going to be a once-in-a-lifetime experience, so I just want to relish every piece of it. Even diapers.”

Filed under: Births,Featured,Nick Lachey,Vanessa Minnillo

Photo credit: Bauer Griffin

1. Anon!

kristin cavallari must be in a bad mood today

2. denise

Congratulations. Nick has waited a long time and Vanessa gave him the greatest gift.

3. Lesley Flynn

First Camden Jack and now Camden John. And all I still think about is the trash-hole Camden, New Jersey.

• SMH

Haha your right about that. Nothing good comes out of that city!

• amy

my daughter would’ve been a camden if she had been a boy. i hadn’t ever heard really anything about camden, new jersey then, but now that i have (and now that camden is so insanely popular) i’m glad my ex-husband and i didn’t have a boy. he’d have to be camden h. in school because with how popular it is, there’s bound to be another camden in at least one of his classes. also – i wouldn’t want to name my child after a city like that.

• Anabelle

There’s a Camden here in England too – and it’s a trash-hole! x

Happy for them but I think Camden is an awful name.

5. SMH

Camden jack now Camden John. Will this be the Harper for boys?

6. Bink

I have a friend who’s 11 yr old niece is named Camden Alexis. Cam is named after her dad’s hockey hero–Cam Neely. She loves her name!