Shakira Expecting First Child

Celebrites Attend 13th Annual NRJ Music Awards In Cannes

Congratulations are in order for Shakira!

The singer, 35, announced some exciting news on her website Wednesday. “As some of you may know, [boyfriend] Gerard [Piqué] and I are very happy awaiting the arrival of our first baby!” the mom-to-be wrote.

She added: “At this time we have decided to give priority to this unique moment in our lives and postpone all the promotional activities planned over the next few days. This means I will not be able to be a part of the iHeartRadio Music Festival … I’d like to thank Clear Channel and my fans for their constant love and understanding. Big kiss!”

Shakira and Piqué, 25, central defender for FC Barcelona, went public with their relationship in March 2011. This will be the first child for both.

And more exciting news to add to the mix: NBC just announced that she will temporarily replace Christina Aguilera as a judge on season four of The Voice.

Filed under: Expecting,Featured,Shakira 2

Photo credit: FameFlynet

1. Shirelle

Congrats Shakira!

2. Lizzie

Awh this is great news! I was excited to hear that she’s going to be on the voice and I’m so happy to hear that she’s pregnant!

3. chrissy

So happy for them! That is going to be one beautiful baby!

Seems like when some women hit their mid thirties they decide to procreate with whatever man they are with. Thought shakira would wait a bit to know this guy longer than a year before having his baby, especially with him being 25 and a ten year age gap between them. Good luck shaki. At least you’ll have the baby you’ve always wanted, and at least you have the money so your child will have financial stability even if it doesn’t work out with the baby daddy.

• haley

my parents got pregnant with me 2 months after they met…26 years later they are still very much in love. People get pregnant a day after meeting someone, I think a year is ample time to decide who you want to be the father of you child. I think it is incredibly rude to right off this couples relationship and commitment to their family, before the baby is even here. They may not last the test of time, but don’t question it until it happens. Your last sentence is appalling!
      Congratulations Shakira, I, for one, hope you have a lifetime of happiness!

I’m guessing you’re either under 30 and/or married. If you’re 35, single and want a baby, you have no idea the pressure there is.

5. Wow..great news! Congratulations to both Shakira and Gerard Pique! Hope they will always be this blissful.

6. Jesse

Another illegitimate child in Hollywood what a surprise!