Name: Hattie Margaret McDermott
Date of Birth: October 10, 2011
Parents: Tori Spelling & Dean McDermott
Siblings: Jack, 14, Liam, 5, Stella, 4, & Finn, 5 weeks
♥ Hattie was born in Los Angeles, Calif.
♥ Unlike her big brother and sister, Hattie’s parents chose to keep her gender a surprise but were fairly confident she would be a boy. As a result, they didn’t have a name picked out for her once she was born
♥ She weighed 6 lbs & 14 oz and measured 20 inches long at birth
♥ Hattie’s middle name Margaret was chosen to honor Tori’s childhood nanny
♥ Her first word was “DADA”
♥ Liam and Stella nicknamed her Hattie Cat
“For Hattie we decided to not find out the baby’s sex since we already were blessed with one of each. That’s a whole other story that I’ll save for my next memoir, but we were convinced that the baby would be a boy! There was a boy name we both have loved for years and decided on that. We didn’t even think of girl names. Well, you know how that turned out! We had a beautiful, no-name baby girl. In recovery afterwards, with her in my arms, I asked Dean to start Googling old-fashioned girl names. He started at ‘A’ and read through the alphabet, both of us shaking our heads the whole time. When he read the name Hattie aloud and we both looked at each other and said, “That’s it!” I looked down at her and she was such a Hattie. So we named her Hattie Margaret. Margaret, after my nanny who was like a second mother to me and had passed.” – Tori on naming her third child.
“10 things about Hattie…
1. Has the most perfectly round head
2. Looks like the perfect blend of Liam and Stella
3. When she sleeps she makes the cutest purring sounds
4. She’s ravenous! Always hungry
5. So alert for a newborn. Eyes follow every sound she hears
6. Already holding her neck up. Very strong lady!
7. Loves kisses from her big bro and sis, which they give her all day long
8. Already rules the roost
9. Super pooper!
10. Was made out of pure love!” – Tori on her then 1-month-old baby girl.