Hilary Duff & Luca: Lunch In L.A.

Hilary Duff runs some errands with baby Luca

Lizzie McGuire star Hilary Duff was photographed with son Luca, 6 months, in Beverly Hills, Calif. on Wednesday (October 10). The new mom, 25, toted her tot after lunching with pals. “Ol sticky fingers….. Grabbin for more toys!,” Hilary tweeted Tuesday, with a photo of her baby boy getting into the toy bin.

Hilary recently weighed in on the pressures to lose the baby weight in the watchful eyes of Tinseltown, calling out the “freaks of nature” who instantly lose the postpartum pounds.

“Yeah, of course,” Hilary told Parents about feeling the pressure. “I mean there are photographers following me every day. So you feel the pressure because of what people write about you. Not that they’re personal attacks, but obviously, when you see “Hilary Debuts Post-Baby Body!” you want to tell people, “No, actually, I was just going out to get a coffee.” There are some women who look the same right after — I think they are freaks of nature! I don’t know how that happens. I’m not one of those people. It takes your body nine months to get there — really ten months. So I’m trying to be patient but I’m working hard. And I think now more than ever, I appreciate my body and what it’s done for me.”

Hilary went on to gush about the joys of motherhood.

“It’s really wonderful,” she said of being a new mom. “There are no words to describe it. I mean, to say “It’s wonderful” sounds minuscule. When you get to see your baby for the first time, and they put him on your chest, and you’re looking into each other’s eyes, this feeling just washes over you and there are really no words.”

And she went on to talk about the perks of being a young mom.

“The only thing that’s hard is that I don’t have a lot of people my age who have babies,” Hilary said. “So I’m at a totally different spot than a lot of my friends. But they’re all very excited about hanging out with Luca. You’ve asked me a tough question, because I don’t really know what the alternative is. I do have a lot of energy, I feel great, and I had a really easy pregnancy. I want to have more kids and I’m looking forward to doing that, but I’m not in any rush. I think sometimes maybe if you start a little later you’re in a hurry to get all the kids you want, and I have a little time to spread that out.”

Luca is Hilary’s first child with husband, former NHL star Mike Comrie.

Filed under: Hilary Duff,Luca Cruz Comrie

Photo credit: FameFlynet/AKM-GSI/Bauer Griffin/Twitter

Looks like she’s gaining instead of losing.

2. anonymous

I think we all as women should just lower the judgment we have on ourselves and on others.

3. Leah

I lost ALL my baby weight 3-4 weeks after having my baby, I must be a freak then because I watched what I ate, worked out, went for walks and didnt become a fat beast right after, I dont have a nanny, live where its cold, and still went out for walks and worked out, you have no excuse to not lose the baby weight unless you are lazy I even had a c section! I still went for walks, just carefully. If you dont get fat in the first place its easy to lose it after, she is just angry and jealous that she is short and fat, typical looking new mom in America, short and squat.

• NYC Mommy

You may look good on the outside but your words definitely show your ugly interior. Everyone is different everyone will lose their baby weight at their own speed. My body changed after I had my first child (3-total) and I was never able to go back to pre-pregnancy weight of 105. My hips widened and my breasts grew permanently that seems to be case for Hillary Duff as well.

• Alexa

Yeah, you are a freak … because of your crazy thought that only lazy people lose all the baby weight over the 9 months post pregnancy period.

4. Anne

Judgmental and ugly is what you are.

5. Louise

Simply LOVE her curves!

Maybe her husband likes her with extra meat on her bones and is not complaining.

7. yesenia

chances are, most of you are heffers yourselves.

8. Mimi

It’s really a shame that for some of you its a crime not to rush to size zero after giving birth. What’s wrong with celebrities being human.

• cece

Ehi!!! Can you at least read?
      No one criticized her for not rushing to size zero, someone simply observed that she seems to be gaining instead of losing.
      That’a noticing, not criticizing!!!

9. DoesntMatter

HIlary is still beautiful.. weight doesnt define someone.

10. Jenny

When she was pregnant she didn’t look like she’d piled on a lot of weight – it was after she gave birth that she seemed to gain some! How weird! In saying that though, she is a pretty girl regardless of what weight she is and at least she is exercising and working out :) I wish I had her dedication – I had my son in December and was back to pre-baby weight within 2 months but would still like to lose just a little bit more! :)

• cece

yeah, she’s very pretty, she has a gorgeous face, but you can’t deny that since she’s very short all of that wight makes her look like a real soccer mom.. :)