Halle Berry’s “Appeal Of Privacy” For Nahla

halleberrycover

Academy Award-winner Halle Berry gets glam on the November cover of InStyle, on newsstands Friday. The actress, 46, opens up about her upcoming nuptials with Olivier Martinez, her bitter custody battle, and her hopes to move overseas in an “appeal of privacy” for her 4-year-old daughter Nahla.

On why she wants to move to France: “It’s the appeal of privacy and a greater sense of safety for Nahla. I don’t want her to grow up around the tabloids. Because we are followed all the time, she is starting to feel like she is somehow special, and of course she is, but I want her to understand that she’s special because of who she is, not because she was born into this celebrity blender.”

On her custody battle: “There is turbulence, bit this too shall pass.”

On her wedding plans: “I do know it will be very small. I haven’t been to many weddings, but I went to one this weekend with 250 guests. I thought, Wow – so this is a wedding, huh? I’ve never had that, nor have I wanted that. I wasn’t even trying to catch the bouquet!”

On her fiancé Olivier Martinez: “When I first met Olivier, there wasn’t the initial ‘I’m in love!’ It was something that grew more gradually—and it feels more real because of that. [Marriage] is another one of those never-say-never things. I’m a hopeless romantic, and I won’t stop till I get it right! He’s silly, a clown, and very much the life of the party, which is good for someone like me. Danny Downer … been there, done that. Now I like Louie Lightfoot!”

Filed under: Featured,Halle Berry

Photo credit: InStyle

1. amy

i can understand wanting privacy for your child – but when you’re constantly going to places that you KNOW the paps will be, and you’re constantly talking to magazines, etc about your child – it stops making sense. you can’t go to the places you KNOW paps will be, and then get mad that they take pics. you can’t say you want her to have privacy, but tell all about her/custody, etc everytime you have an interview.

there are plenty of parents who are celebrities and maintain a certain level of privacy for their children. i rarely ever see pictures of keith urban/nicole kidman’s girls. because they CHOOSE not to live in LA. halle has enough money, she can easily live somewhere outside of LA and fly in for things as needed.

• Jenna

I agree that she could easily live outside of LA. I guess that is what she is trying to sell to the judge. However, I think moving all the way to France, where her fiance is from, is a just spiteful and looks like she is trying to keep her daughter away from the father. She wants privacy, so she is moving to a larger, more glamourous city. It makes no sense.

Taking a child out of the country their parent lives in and relocating them to another country is a MAJOR deal. Too many times we have seen the left behind parent lose all contact and custody of the child. She doesn’t seem to understand why it is such a big deal to take her daughter away from her father. Move to Nashville (like Kidman & Urban), move to Austin (like countless celebs), move to Idaho (Bruce & Demi), but moving to Paris seems unnecesary and self-serving.

• amy

I should’ve clarified better – I also meant that she should stay in the US. I think that moving to France is ridiculous. Halle can easily move to somewhere in the US that is not in LA/NYC where she can have more privacy for Nahla.

2. BRUCE

That’s because the b is crazy, and you people just now finding out, she never make sense, sick of looking at her and she could never act. She is trying to make the father feel bad. Well God don’t like ugly. So take the ugly kid over there. she will see. She lies her head off, It don’t look like she will make heaven. So much lies, She is sick. and look sick.

3. Queen B

Halle is so disingenous. She does not to move to France in order to gain privacy. All she has to do is move out of West LA/Beverly Hills. Nobody bothers Carrie Underwood or Nicole Kidman who live in TN. The paps are concentrated in LA because most celebrities choose to live there. If she moved three hours north of Los Angeles, I doubt anyone would follow her.

Also, no mention of how the move will impact Nahla’s relationship with her father. I think having a close relationship with Gabriel is more important that shielding the girl from the paparazzi. Plus, there are tabloids in France.

This bimbo just wants Gabriel out of her daughter’s life. Selfish idiot.

5. anonymous

It’s all about what Halle wants. This has nothing to do with what is best for Nahla. Halle is just like any other besotted woman when there’s a man involved and they put the man before the child. So she’s trumped up some bogus reasons why Nahla is better off in France away from her loving father and the life she has always known. I think the Judge may see through her ridiculous ploy. At least I hope so. And let’s not forget, Halle is very wealthy. She has the wherewithal to obtain more privacy if she thinks it necessary, guarded community, move out of California, quit taking your daughter where it’s crawling with paps, etc., etc.

6. Grace

Wow.. you have to move to France to gain some privacy? Really?

You know it’s funny… the Jolie-Pitts (yes im bringing them into this just because they are hounded as well) whenever they travel to LA and stay here for however long, yes they get photgraphed ocassionally but for the most part they lately have seem to keep out of the Paps way. No matter where they go. Hallie Berry doesn’t need to move to a different country to achieve this. Just move to a place that don’t have Paps aka outside of LA. There’s lots of suburban neighborhoods and markets that will give you your privacy.
    Move to a simple and quiet place out of the city.

7. Lakesha

She is doing what she feels is best for her child–every mother has that right!

8. anonymous

right, ripping her away from her father is best. Uh huh

Julia Roberts is raising three young children in Los Angeles and we almost never see them… Somehow she manages to give her kids a normal life but Halle just keeps blaming everyone but herself.

Also, you gotta love how she disses the wedding she just attended. How tacky is that? The bride and groom could easily come across this interview. Halle needs to think of someone other than herself for a change.

• Lena

Because Julia really does value her kids privacy and lives in Malibu and New Mexico and hardly ever goes to the “hotspots” in L.A. Paparazzi only descend on Malibu in the summer when all the b-list celebs flock there. Then Julia goes on vacation or to her ranch in New Mexico. We never see her dropping her kids off at school, because she leads her life in a way that is conducive to giving her children a normal, paparazzi-free, lifestyle.

• Joy

Halle lives in Malibu also

• amy

Halle also takes Nahla to places where paps are KNOWN to hangout, Julia does not. It’s simple – you CAN live in LA and not be chased by paps and keep a certain level of privacy. But Halle has made the CHOICE not to, and now wants to complain about it.

Don’t get me wrong, I think that Nahla deserves her privacy. But moving to France is excessive. Move to anywhere besides LA/NYC and you can pretty much live a normal life as a celeb.

10. Mimi

And i bet she’s gonna move to Paris, the most famous French city in the planet. She has no case to win this unless she finds another excuse. I’ve seen plenty of paparazzi pictures of celebrities in France with their kids. So i’m sorry but France is no better than here in terms of privacy. So i don’t know what she’s talking about.

And like it’s been pointed out already above me here, there are other celebrities whose kids we seldom see and they’re NOT in France. So she needs to change her story.

11. vj

first of all you people need to quit judging this woman.. You have idea what has gone on with these 2.. I have heard he has some real issies from growing is foster family. so just STOP! And for those who say go live in the middle of NOWHERE…seriously. do you think Gabriel Aubry will want to do that either. She is getting married and many people relocate for that reason.. and to be honest, Gabriel Aubry is a fashion model, If he still works, and can live anywhere…why not Paris the fashion capitol of the world.. It seems he is the selfish one. I see pics of Halle and Nahla far too much, frankly I am tired of seeing them walking around doing normal mommy and me things…so I say go and be happy and raise your girl the way you want Halle….you are her mother and her money hungry daddy… 20 grand a month, really Gabrlel, needs to put his daughter needs before his own. And, I Paris he just might work more and not have to take money from Halle. just saying…..

12. kim

She needs realize her daughter is not a piece of property. Nahla will grow up and read all these crazy attempts to kick her father out of her life and may resent Halle for it. Shelf needs to call a truce with Gabriel and co-parent; because alienating him from Nahla will only backfire.

And the Halle bashing continues…
    You IDIOTS are pittiful!

14. courtneyb

She sounds selfish and a liar. It seems to me that what she really wants is get Gabriel off her daughter’s life so she can move to France and marry her fiance.

15. Anonymouse

Wow Halle is 46! if someone had told me she was in her thirties I would have believed it.

While I don’t dislike Halle Berry, I don’t like that she’s trying to take her daughter away from her father. A father that, from what we can see, which yes isn’t much just photos, seems to take an interest in being with his child. I also hope she stops saying that she’ll never get married again because well, she is. And let’s face it…will probably again. And maybe again.

17. DJB

I agree. She needs to think about what’s best for Nahla. It gets so old hearing how pretty she is…. If it was natural beauty, I would understand. But, she has had so much plastic surgery done to her face. Google the before pictures.

18. Laura

Mel’s kids, Pierce B’s kids and Pamela Anderson’s kids live in Malibu. there is no paparazzi

19. BRUCE

@Amy, because she is crazy, how long does it take for you people realize it, she like the attention, just don’t buy Revlon are go see her bad movies, keep your money for yourself and family are love one. Don’t trust the devil with that crazy evil smile.