Jessica Simpson Is “Positive” About Postpartum Weight Loss

u925cover

Fashion Star mentor Jessica Simpson opens up about shedding the postpartum pounds, admitting she’s not a supermodel and is not dropping the baby weight as quickly as other A-list moms.

The new mom, who has shed most of the 70 pounds she put on during her pregnancy, covers the latest edition of Us Weekly and says, “I feel positive about how I’ve done so far and really good about the goals I have set.”

Since welcoming her first child – 9-pound, 13-ounce daughter Maxwell Drew on May 1 with fiancé Eric Johnson - the fashion designer-singer has been working on losing the baby weight.

“I really have to separate myself from the world’s expectations and really just be healthy with myself,” she shares. “I’m not a supermodel. My body is not bouncing back like a supermodel. I’m just your everyday woman.”

Jessica has been meeting weekly with a tight-knit group that includes her mother and friends, as they focus on weight loss and living healthy.

Jessica’s trainer Harley Pasternak says he’s “never seen as consistent a weight loss” effort in 20 years on the job.

“Jessica’s right where she needs to be,” he said. “She’s very brave to do this in a healthy, more realistic way.”

Filed under: Jessica Simpson

Photo credit: Us Weekly

1. laura

I’m not judging and I don’t care about her weight, but just from an objective point of view, she might have lost a lot of pounds but she’s still huge.. I mean, if she’s good with herself fine, that’s the main thing, but look at those legs…She’s not really close to being in shape.
    I want to precise that I don’t like all of the Hollywood’s skeletons and I respect every choice, but I do think Jessica gained even more than 70 pounds during her pregnancy.. I’m happy she’s happy with herself, though!

• Bero

There are some physical aspects that she will never fully recover, legs, hips etc. Just what happens when a woman gives birth, bodies have to change to accommodate the baby, some changes are beyond diet and exercise.

2. sara

First and foremost, I think she has a healthy attitude about it all. I think she does look fabulous and am glad to see a star do it the healthy way… that doesn’t happen all too often.

I do really wish she would be forthcoming about the amount she gained during her pregnancy and how much she has lost, number wise. In general it’s not “anybody’s business”… BUT if you’re going to put yourself out there with a weight loss company, you shouldn’t be secretive about number of pounds you started at/what was gained/what is lost. Nor should you only show your face on a commercial for the company.

This woman has gained AT LEAST 100 pounds over the last 18 months. Using the word healthy in relation to Jessica Simpson is a joke.

• Belle

I don’t know why it keeps saying 70 pounds. Didn’t she say she gained 60 pounds by the time she did her photo shoot for the magazine and I believe she wasn’t into her 3rd trimester yet at that time. I’m guessing that she gained more than 70 pounds but may be too embarrased to admit it.

• laura

Both things. She was heavy before, and while pregnant she’s been eating everything in sight all along, cause she became really huge at the end.
        I hope she finds her right balance.

3. DoesntMatter

Jessica you’re human.. they weight will come off in due time. Continue to eat right and exercise. I’m sure ur hubby still thinks you’re beautiful and thats all that matters. Damn hollywood gives ppl unrealistic expectations of themselves smh

4. bubbles

B-O-L-O-G-N-A, at least 100 pounds worth!

Paid endorsements from WW aside…”“I’m not a supermodel. My body is not bouncing back like a supermodel” – I can’t think of even one supermodel who gained more than 70 pounds during any of their pregnancies. Gisele Bundchen took a lot of flak for sayng that she exercised during her pregnancy, was mindful to eat healthy food, and only gained 30 lbs. It’s much easier to lose 30 lbs. than 70+ lbs and this is why midwives or obstetricians tell you to watch your weight and not overeat.

6. Nora

She couldn’t wait to flaunt her body in the Dukes of Hazzard, rubbing her daisy dukes in every one’s face and begging people to look at her. Now that she’s fat, she can’t stand that same level of attention. So what, when you’re thin it’s okay for everyone to be jealous and wish they were you, but now you have nothing but excuses for your chubby thighs that could never fit into a pair of shorts? Celebrities are such attention whores and hypocrits.

60 pounds in five months is a lot! That’s three pounds a week which is pretty fast weight loss.

• Belle

You do realize that that some of that weight was baby, placenta and water weight. Most people lose at least 15-20 pounds right away after having the baby. If she had high fluid, which she claimed she did it could have been even more.

8. Fara

She is 5’3, with a medium frame, her ideal weight shouldn’t exceed 147lbs. If she is pleased with her progress, so be it, keeping in mind, most people do not have the luxury of a personal trainer, nutritionist, and weight watchers consultant on speed dial. I don’t think she looks too bad. Keep wearing those black colors girl, it covers a multitude of sins.

9. I’m glad to see someone in Hollywood with realistic issues losing weight. She’s 5’3. She is going to carry weight way differently than someone who is 5’6 or 5’8. 70 pounds of baby weight gained on her frame is going to look way more than it actually is. I gained 80 pounds with my first and I’m 5’8, yet it didn’t look like I gained that much because of the way my body carried the weight. Every person is different. There needs to be a bigger push to losing weight to get to healthy versus losing weight to get to skinny.
    Good for her.

I’m confused. Where was all the “healthy” talk when she was pregnant and packing on the pounds? She doesn’t have realistic issues losing weight, she just eats too much. This isn’t rocket science, people.

10. She looks like she lost considerable weight regardless of how much. Good for her. I think the reason she got so much attention over this is because many people probably believed that she would get bigger in the belly and nowhere else. Sometimes even skinny girls will plump up a bit throughout their pregnancy. It all comes down to genetics. Fitness Resorts are a great place to go to shed that baby weight

I agree. I think she looks good, BUT her issues were not genetic. Why does everyone make such excuses? She ate too much. Period. And now she’s paying the price.

11. ada

i gained 77 pounds in my pregnancy..it was fluid i swelled up so bad not because i ate like a pig! My baby was born 10pd 2oz…
    took me a good 2 years to shed it. im sure im not the only one who had this happen, even celebs :) im back to my old size (55kg) maybe a little less and you cant even tell i had a baby
    so give her a break!!

12. Gladys

Wow! Who gives a frogs fat arse if Jessica is fat or skinny, she’s only in the spotlight because she’s famous and being famous comes with ignorant people judging and being cruel. If she’s happy that’s all that matters!

13. Rob

Don’t confuse weight loss with fat loss. Losing weight is about losing fat but not losing lean muscle which is easy if you just go on a strict calorie counting diet. This is not the way to do it. Eating the foods that burn fat and avoiding the foods that actually put weight on is the only way to go.

14. shelly

I like how she is more “normal” than the rest of the celebrity moms who probably starve themselves to lose the weight. She’s a dingbat, but I like her anyway!

15. anonymous

wow some of you guys are so cruel. Internet bullies.