Dax Shepard & Kristen Bell Expecting First Child

'Hit & Run' Los Angeles Premiere

Congratulations are in order for Dax Shepard and Kristen Bell.

The Parenthood actor and the House of Lies actress are expecting their first child in late spring, Us Weekly reports.

A close friend of the longtime couple tells PEOPLE“They’re so excited — they’re both ecstatic. They can’t wait to become parents.”

The friend adds: “Kristen had a little bit of morning sickness early on but she just started shooting the second season of House of Lies and is feeling great now.”

Together since 2007, Bell, 32, and Shepard, 37, have been engaged for nearly three years.

“We’ll do it. We’ll have some babies. It will be our gift to America,” Kristen has joked.

As for marriage, Kristen insists she’s in no rush: “The ring is on my finger,” she said. “That’s all I care about.”

Filed under: Dax Shepard,Expecting,Featured,Kristen Bell

Photo credit: FameFlynet

1. Elizabeth

Surprised! I can already see a sloth-themed baby shower!

2. Bonnie

Yay, I love those two! That’s going to be one adorable, and hilarious, baby!

3. madison16

Rarely do I find myself instinctifly clapping with glee; and I did. I love this couple and the choices they have made in their lives. Bless them.

4. Leah

They look strange together she is the size of my 12 year old,LOL…she needs a guy closer to her height cause when a woman is that short compared to her man it starts looking like pedophilia and looks way creepy, I am five eight and my husband is five ten much better match size wise.

5. hopper

Very cool. What a great couple.They will make awesome parents! Loved that last movie they did.Congrats.

6. amby

congrats to them!

leah, you are an effing crackhead.

• Leah

ah you must be a short shit then if you call me an idiot. Its true most couples with a huge height difference look extremely weird makes you wonder if most men who date super short women are closet pedophiles I could not date a man more than a few inches taller than me, too strange.

7. May

They’ll have an adorable baby. Congrats!

8. Amanda

I love them both and think they will be great parents but…does anyone in Hollywood wait to get married before bringing children into this world anymore? So trashy.

9. Leah

I wonder if that baby will just fall out since she is so tiny and hes huge he must have worn out and stretched her vagina by now, its probably a gaping black hole.