Kristen Bell: “I Am Getting Fatter By The Day”

*EXCLUSIVE* Kristen Bell gives her Baby Bump a little Breathing Room

Mom-to-be Kristen Bell opened up about her pregnancy for the first time on election day (November 6) while tweeting about President Barack Obama’s re-election.

“Obama won the election and I am getting fatter by the day,” the Heroes alum tweeted. “America has never been luckier.”

The actress went on to congratulation her home state. “Dear Michigan, I am so proud of you,” Kristen wrote.

Kristen’s fiancé Dax Shepard recently confirmed their pregnancy news during an appearance on The Tonight Show With Jay Leno.

This will be the first child for the House of Lies actress, 32, and Shepard, 37, who began dating in 2007 and have been engaged for nearly three years.

Even with a baby on-the-way, the pair will not tie the knot until same-sex marriage is legal in California.

“We wouldn’t want to invite all of our friends who don’t have that right to celebrate us, who have that right,” Shepard said in July. “We just don’t feel right about that.”

Filed under: Kristen Bell

Photo credit: AKM-GSI

1. HDP

She’s such a sweet girl – and if anyone here hasn’t seen it yet – you NEED to look up “Kristen Bell sloths Ellen Show” – it’s one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen!

2. KA

I really like the two of them and feel even stronger about them as a couple considering what she said about them not getting married until same-sex marriage is legal in CA. I wish them the best together and with their baby-on-the-way!!

3. Michelle

shes seriously short, most short women blob out real bad that sucks for them I am happy I am tall 3 kids later I still look awesome! :P

• Tula

Good for you, here’s a pat on the back
      But just so you know, height has nothing to do with whether or not you get fat while pregnant, it has to do with your eating habits, excercise habits, and metabolism. Good for you though, you must be so proud.

• Laura

Actually Michelle is not wrong, I am seriously short,LOL and I was about 115 at five foot one and when I got pregnant the pounds just piled on and I didnt even eat really bad but since Im so short it showed badly :( I ended up with stretch marks from hell because I do not have a long torso so the baby just went straight out :( And I have a few taller girlfriends and their bellies look like impossibly flat after 2 or 3 kids so I definetely think height plays a huge role!

4. DoesntMatter

Love this girl

5. SMH

My friend is short, my cousin is short, and both never looked pregnant. I dont believe for one sec that just bc your short you “blob” out! Its all how you handle pregnancy. Some people carry different or put the weight on different. Good dietnand healthy exercise is key.

• Solène

One friend (very short as well) showed pictures of her pregnant belly when she was about 6 or 7 months into her pregnancy. She didn’t look pregnant at all, her belly was barely showing! It doesn’t always depend on the height…

6. KaraokeShania

It bugs me when pregnant celebs refer to themselves as “fat” and not “pregnant”. ugh.