Nicole Kidman: Having My Baby Healed Me

Screen Shot 2012-11-13 at 7.31.08 AM

Academy Award-winning actress Nicole Kidman covers the latest edition of DuJour and opens up about being “dependent” on ex-husband Tom Cruise, being happier than ever with husband Keith Urban, and their two daughters Sunday, 4, and Faith, 1 1/2.

On having Sunday: “Having my baby has been a healing experience. It took me so long to have a child. I feel enormous gratitude. Sunday has healed an enormous amount in me. It’s a very private thing, but she just has.”

On her life now: “I’m happier than I’ve ever been in my life. I’m living in a friend’s house in Nice. My two daughters are with me, Sunday Rose, who’s 4, and Faith Margaret, who’s 2. My mother is about to fly in from Australia to babysit. Then Keith will be arriving…My family is with me. My family.

On her marriage to Tom Cruise: “We were in a bubble, just the two of us. We became very dependent on one another…I thought our life together was perfect. It took me a very long time to heal. It was a shock to my system.”

On life with Keith Urban: “My life changed. He is a wonderful, caring man and he makes me feel secure. We don’t ever like to be separated.”

For more from Nicole, go to DuJour

Filed under: Nicole Kidman

Photo credit: DuJour

To say “it took me so long to have a child” basically infers that the adopted two didn’t count. I’m sure she means well but that’s just insulting. If I was adopted and my mother spoke like that about me, I’d want to live with my father too.

2. Luna

She also says “My two daughters are with me…” You have another daughter too! Would’ve been better put “Two of my daughters are with me…”. Very strange.

3. denise

I am very happy for her that she found love again. Then was able to have more children but let us not forget she does have two children(adopted) with Tom Cruise. Why does she not speak of them. Maybe because she isn’t invloved in their lives?????

4. Hallie

I’m fairly certain she is estranged from her 2 adopted children, so she basically doesn’t acknowledge their existence. Strange, but then again,anything that involves Tom Cruise is.

Do you ever hear Tom, Connor or Bella talk about Nicole either? I think the choice to part ways was not Nicole’s decision and was fairly painful for her accept. I don’t blame her for talking more about Sunday and Faith considering the older two have clearly disowned her for Scientology and Tom cruise. I’m sure Katie Holmes knows what happened and is doing her best to avoid a repeat experience.

6. Anonymous9

We have no idea what warped little world she lived in with Cruise and we really have no idea what happened with the older kids except that you can be sure that Scientology played a big part in it. Ordinarily, I’d be all over some woman who has no relationship with her adopted children, but there’s a lot of weirdness here that Kidman may not have been prepared to deal with, and which we simply don’t know.

7. Rose

Nicole has stated in previous interviews that her older 2 children have asked her not to speak of them to the press. Do you noticed that Tom, also, only talks about his younger child, and not Bella and Connor.

• Solène

Just to acknowledge them doesn’t mean she’d be talking about them. If she had said “It took me so long to have a biological child” or “my two youngest daughters”, basically nobody would question it.

Maybe she’s trained herself not to think about them when she’s doing interviews.

In 20 years, if one of the older kids says that it was hurtful to them, then I’ll believe it is. Until then, it isn’t a concern.

Why is this woman still talking about Tom Cruise???? They’ve been divorced forever!!