Tamera Mowry Welcomes First Child: Aden John Tanner

654550452-500x750

Congratulations are in order for Tamera Mowry and Adam Housley!

The Tia & Tamera star, 34, and her Fox News correspondent husband, 40, welcomed their first child, a son named Aden John Tanner Housley, on Monday (November 12), In Touch reports.
 “We are so happy!” Tamera gushes.

She adds: “He is healthy, happy, strong, beautiful and our families are so excited to have another grandchild, cousin and nephew.”

Born at Cedars Sinai Hospital in Los Angeles, baby Aden weighed 9 lbs. 5 oz. and measured 21.5 inches.

“Both mommy and baby are healthy and her whole family is thrilled,” Tamera’s rep states. “He is a big strong kid and he and mom are resting well with dad alongside.”

And we believe she’s thrilled — Aden arrived two weeks late!

“Thoughts of excitement, anxiety and exhaustion have truly set in,” Tamera admitted only a week before her Oct. 30 due date. “Echoes of my husband Adam’s voice cheering me on saying, ‘You can do it’ keep ringing in my ear as I eagerly await my due date.”

Filed under: Births,Featured,Tamera Mowry-Housley

Photo credit: Twitter

1. atexan

Yay! Congrats to the new mommy and daddy! LOVE the name!!!! You did great Tamera! Yeah!

I like the name too. Congrats!

3. Shirelle

Congrats! Aden is becoming a very popular name

4. Lizzie

Congrats to them! I really like the name Aden!

5. Someone

Even though she picked a popular name at least the spelling is unusual! Sounds like she had a big healthy baby…good for her!

Awful name with terrible spelling. Spelling a name incorrectly does not make you original.

Sorry people, but I agree. Spelling your kids name funky just means they have a lifetime of spelling their name ahead of them.

• taz

Gees…..you are just too much…its their child, they can name him anything they want to and spell it however they choose, their prerogative. …who cares what others think..

Congrats guys to your new addition to your family….enjoy every moment of it.

7. May

I like the name. Much better than the one her sister chose.

8. Tiffany

Aden is a simple….it’s not a “crazy, outlandish way of spelling it. If anything she spelled phonetically A – den……you people are silly lol….who the hell decided it had to be Aiden……and on a tangent I hate those who pronounce Stephen like Steven. Ph makes makes a “f” sound….jus sayin

9. Kasey1

I am not a big fan of Aden as it’s trendy and I prefer classic names, but, it’s a gorgeous name and I love that it’s not out there or trying to be different for the sake of being different (which actually makes “celebrities” the same if you think about it). I am really happy for her, I LOVE Tia&Tamera. She and Adam have been together for a long time and she seems like she is going to be a fantastic mother. Congrats!

10. Andrea

I see the name police arrived early……!

11. Jennie

I chose Aidan, which is the proper Irish spelling for my son. When I named him, the name wasn’t very popular and I hadn’t seen all the other spellings…Aiden, Ayden, Aden…etc…

Now even his teachers (and family members) misspell his damn name and it irritates the hell out of me. So hope she’s prepared for that lol