Halle Berry Seeks Restraining Order Against Gabriel Aubry

gabriel-aubry-not-charged-over-battery-allegations-500x429-11-1

After the blowout brawl at her house on Thanksgiving Day, Halle Berry is seeking a restraining order against Gabriel Aubry, TMZ reports.

The Academy Award-winning actress, 46, believes Aubry, 37, is a threat to their daughter Nahla after starting the fight with fiancé Olivier Martinez in front of the 4-year-old. Although a Los Angeles judge issued an emergency order of protection – requiring Aubry to stay 100 yards away from Berry, Nahla and Martinez – that order expires Tuesday, and Berry is now taking precautions against her ex.

Reportedly, Berry’s lawyers are heading to court early this week to make sure the temporary order of protection becomes more permanent. Sources say that Berry’s argument is simple: “If Gabriel can’t control himself enough to protect Nahla from emotional trauma, it’s too risky for him to be around her, Berry or Martinez.”

During their ongoing custody battle, Berry has repeatedly addressed Aubry’s anger management issues.

In another report since the Thanksgiving fight, the L.A. County Department of Child Protective Services will re-open an abuse investigation involving Nahla, Radar Online reports.

“Detectives from the LAPD formally contacted CPS after Gabe’s arrest, because Nahla was present when the fight occurred,” a source states.

The insider adds: “Nahla wasn’t actually involved in the melee, and by all accounts, Halle whisked her out of the driveway as soon as the fight between Olivier and Gabe started. However, DCFS was contacted because there has been a history of allegations of physical abuse. Social workers will be interviewing Halle, Gabriel and Olivier about what happened on Thanksgiving. DCFS must ensure that Nahla’s environment is safe.”

The day following the fight, Berry and Nahla were spotted at the Yo Gabba Gabba show in Los Angeles. Photos of Aubry and Martinez have surfaced since the brawl, showing no visible injuries for Martinez and a swollen face for Aubry.

Filed under: Featured,Gabriel Aubry,Halle Berry,Nahla Aubry

Photo credit: FameFlynet

1. klutzy_girl

There should be a restraining order against Olivier too, by that logic. He was also involved in that fight and Nahla witnessed it.

And I hope there’s not anymore comments about Halle being at fault again. Last time I checked, both Olivier and Gabriel are two grown men responsible for their own actions.

• blanca

Literally took the words out of my mouth. Halle has zero control over how two grown men CHOOSE to act. They both (Gabriel and Olivier) should be ashamed of themselves.

• Marie

Halle is responsible for making these two men a part of her daughter’s life. She did choose Gabriel to be her daughter’s father and she chose Olivier as her fiance. Both of these men will spend a lifetime with Nahla. I wouldn’t say she is entirely innocent in all this, however, most of the blame does lie with these two men who have been acting like children.

• Anon

Presuming that Gabriel Aubry started the fight, it’s not the same at all. You are allowed by law to defend yourself. You are not allowed by law to hit someone first.

2. eliz

i have a hard time believing that they just blew up amongst themselves… i feel like halle could’ve instigated by saying something/making a gesture… I dont know- seems weird that G would just go off at nothing… and a restraining order is harsh, he’s the girl’s father… sigh

Luckily, judges don’t go by what someone has a “hard time believing”. Nor do they think that “halle could’ve instigated by saying something/ making a gesture” constitutes evidence.

Maybe he did go off at nothing. He wouldn’t be the first person in the world to do that. Then again, maybe he felt provoked. Supposedly there is security tape from her home that may just shed some light on it for the courts.

3. amy

regardless of whether ANYONE provoked or instigated anything – we’re talking about two grown men here. two grown men who both know better and should’ve never let things get to the physical level. they’re obviously not the first people to ever have something like this occur (sadly), but it’s still such an unhealthy environment for nahla to be around. something has to change – whether it be counseling so they can all learn to get along for the sake of nahla, or whatever.

i just have to say – i understand that people are saying that olivier had to protect himself. i fully support his right to do so. however, there IS a difference between protecting yourself and causing bodily harm that could’ve been avoided. i am NOT tooting gabriel’s horn over here by any means, i just don’t think that this is ALL one person’s fault. my point is – if halle is requesting a restraining order between nahla and gabriel, then in my opinion – gabriel has every right to ask for the same between olivier and nahla. clearly olivier cannot stop himself from crossing the line between being the protector and being the aggressor.

i hope that all of this gets figured out and that poor, sweet nahla does not have to go through years of dealing with this craziness. she should not have to deal with ANY of this and it’s so sad to me that the adults in this situation cannot grow up and stop acting like immature little teenagers!

4. Mimi

She doesn’t want Gabriel around, period. And i DO believe she provoked this. I have the right to believe it and you have the right to disagree with me.

She lost the court decision of going as far away from him because her paparazzi story was stupid. So she managed another way. Get him to fight her ex and she succeeded this time. Thanks to Gabriel being immature too.

If Gabriel was always a violent man, she could’ve used this since the beginning, instead of going with the paparazzi novella. So, im sorry, but i do believe she has a lot to do with this being a set up to get Gabriel away from Nahla.

And as i pointed out before, i don’t think it was too hard for Olivier to simply say hi, or thank you, when Gabriel brought Nahla home. I call set up.

• amy

I don’t know whether there was a set-up or not, but regardless of if there was – Gabriel AND Olivier should’ve handled themselves more maturely. Although, in this case – the chance of anyone acting maturely at this point is slim to none.

I do not understand what Halle’s deal is. I have a young daughter with an ex too. He has issues, but I cannot imagine keeping or even trying to keep our daughter away from her father unless there was a crazy good reason. I’m talking drugs, violence towards her, etc. It blows my mind that the courts have yet to order psychological evaluations, etc.

5. Reply
  6. SMH

Its just odd that it all takes place right after Halle was denied taking Nahla to France. Based on the pics no matter who started it Gabriel got it bad. None of them are innocent but its evident to me that Halle wants her little happy ending with her and Mr Martinez and whans Gabriel out of their lives for good. I think it was somewhat provoked. Maybe not intentionally meant to get out of hand but nothing about Halle makes me want to get on her side. The only one that loses in the end is Nahla.

7. veronica

oh please, you know halle instigated it. halle has a loud and nasty mouth. i for the life of me can’t understand why any of her exes would pop her upside the head…

8. Lu

wow…she is an inteligent woman, she loves her daughter,im a mum, my daughter is 7yo, and her father, is living far away from us, thanks god
    really the dad of my daughter was really mean with me but when i separeted to him he did things that i understand as a grow up woman that are dangerous for my daughter..its more complicated but anyway, if she thinks gabriel aubry is dangerous she is acting well, we dont know the true.
    i dont think that halle berry is doing all this because she just hates gabriel aubry….
    when you love your daughter u understand too that she has a dad..and u have to respect and its really hard to know that he is a sh**. so sorry and sorry 4 my english, but its not fair…always all the people against her…she is a mother, she loves her daughter, please, as a mums we have to understand that this is not easy…and for a mum a daughter(or a son) is the most important thing of our lifes, she is hated for a lot of people but she fights because she must know what she is doing…
    so please….maybe nahla loves her dad, but maybe its important understand WHY halle is doing all this. its more easy say: poor gabriel and f**** halle. life is not so easy my friends…

9. Anna

Hallie is woman enough to see that these 2 men do NOT get along and this is not good for Nahla. She should end it with Olivier and any relationships for a while for Nahla sake.

10. Landry

Lu, you are transferring your own situation to this one when in fact, one has nothing to do with the other This is a celebrity issue wherein the celebrity is using her clout to remove the biological father from the child’s life just because she wants the child to herself and, because she is a hateful, deceitful, vindictive ex wife with an ax to grind. It is no coincidence that this situation happened right after Hallie lost in court. This was a total set up wherein they purposely provoked and already emotional father in order to solicit the exact response they got. Hallie might as well be a mob boss who ordered a hit. She had Olivier provoke and then beat the crap out of Aubry and then she immediately made sure that the paps, the police, and the courts knew of the incident. She doesn’t need a restraining order and she knows it. Gabriel Aubry is no threat to her or to that child. He’s a normal dad fighting to keep his little girl in his life. I’m not at all a violent person by nature but if you tried to take one of my children away, I would become violent very quickly. I don’t know a parent in the world who wouldn’t come out swinging in such circumstances.

11. Hallie

I just find it so strange that every man that Halle ever breaks up with is a dangerous threat to her, or a psychopath. There David Justice the wife beater (funny how not one other person supported that claim) and her ex husband the sex addict…also never came up again. And now the father of her child…a dangerous man (no one ever supported that claim either). I have the feeling Halle is the problem. I also wouldn’t be surprised if her and boyfriend staged this entire thing to get what they wanted – to move to France and keep the child away. I fault Gabriel for feeding into her bs. He should be smarter than this.