Brad Pitt & Angelina Jolie Will Wed “Soon”

Brad & Angie Engaged!

The much anticipated nuptials of Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie is coming “soon” — according to papa Pitt.

“I am getting more pressure from my kids, and it is something I want to do within their lifetime, but I also feel like the time has come,” Pitt told PEOPLE Monday at the NYC premiere of his new click, Killing Them Softly.

“The time is nigh,” the father-of-six shared. “It’s soon. I got a good feeling about it.”

Pitt, 48, and Jolie, 37, have been together for seven years, and they have six children together: Maddox, 11, Pax, 8, Zahara, 7, Shiloh, 6, and 4-year-old twins Knox and Vivienne.

And while they’ve been reluctant to wed in the past, Pitt says it’s still very meaningful to him.

“We’ve had a family, we’ve raised the kids,” he added. “I am surprised how much [marriage] meant to me once you had that.”

This will be Brad’s second marriage — he was famously wed to Friends star Jennifer Aniston from 2000 to 2005.

And Angie will be saying “I do” for the third time. She’s was married to Jonny Lee Miller from 1996 to 1999, then Billy Bob Thornton from 2000 to 2003.

Filed under: Angelina Jolie,Brad Pitt

Photo credit: Bauer Griffin

Why bother at this point?

2. Lau

I just hope they marry because they really WANT to, and not because it’s what their kids want, because it’s what’s “right” or because society says it’s what they’re missing.
    One would think if they haven’t married it’s because they’re ok the way they are, and that’s perfect.

• Tara

I don’t think it’s such a bad idea to do it “because it’s what the kids want”. The 3 older children were adopted, so most likely are making the request. If you chose them to give them a better life, why not comply with their wish? A piece of paper wont insure they stay together but if means something to the family, why not?

3. Beep

I think he’s lying about the kids. Angelina already said as much when she was asked “the kids just want a cake.”

Angelina hasn’t released every word ever said by any of their kids with respects to marriage, so you really have no idea if he really is getting pressured by them… but more importantly, why do you care so much that you’d even presume that he’s lying? Weird!

• Beep

She was asked if the kids were bugging them to get married and she said no they just want a party and cake. It was an interview with Christian amanpor. I don’t care if he’s lying I just threw it out there…. But he is lying. Have a nice day and don’t worry about what I care about.

4. Sookie

Hasn’t he said this before? If they want to get married, then do it already..

5. Mimi

I thought the thing about the kids “pressure” was a made up stupid story by the tabloids. Gimme a break, who the heck marries because your little kids pressure you for that?

And if they wanna marry, why don’t they just marry and that’s it. Too much announcement is annoying really.

6. Landry

He wants to do it “during their lifetime”. LOLOL When else would he do it?

7. rowe_wc

I really don’t like Jolie. She’s such a homewrecker. Pitt was better off with Aniston. Aniston seemed more wholesome; they were better suited. It’s sad that people have seemed to forget how they came to be.