Thomas Beatie: “I Won’t Have Another Child”

ITV Studios Guests

In the latest In Touch magazine, Thomas Beatie – the first man to give birth and famously dubbed ‘The Pregnant Man’ – reveals that he’s ready to close a big chapter in his controversial life.

“I’m 99 percent sure I won’t have another child,” he says, adding that doctors have advised against it.

“My wife Nancy couldn’t have children,” Thomas – who had his first sexual reassignment surgery to become a man in 2002 – continues. “And I had the ability to do it.”

Although his marriage to Nancy ended in divorce, he’s found love again with Amber Nicholas, 42, a single mom of two.

“I’ve always wanted a big family, but I’m very happy and fulfilled with Amber and my three children.”

Thomas and his ex-wife are parents to daughter Susan, 4, and sons Austin, 3, and Jensen, 2.

Amber is mother to daughters Lauren, 21, and ­Mattison, 15, with her ex-husband.

Filed under: Thomas Beatie

Photo credit: INFphoto.com

1. HDP

I always think of myself as open minded – but then I find myself thinking… if he really wanted to be a man, and really felt like he was truly a man – why did he do the most feminine thing a woman can do in her life – carry and give birth to children.
    Not so open minded on this one, sorry.

2. arabella

totally agreed with hdp

3. arabella

totally agreed with hdp

4. Tara

Agree with hdp but I must confess I am not all that “open minded” in its modern definition. Suffice it to say I just find this wrong on so many levels but mostly for the child. Obviously someone like myself who readily admits has more traditional beliefs is bothered by this but I can guarantee you the most evolved individuals are judging his selfishness.

Just pray those kids have a good sense of self.

5. eliz

this WOMAN is a freak of nature trying in vain to stay relevant… i’m all for living your life how you want but please dont try to change the laws of science/genetics by calling yourself a pregnant man.. god! low life fame wh*re who is not a man. period.

6. Luuuluuu

GOOD! Now promise to simply GO AWAY! Give up your quest for fame and fortune. The novelty has worn off, and your ship has sailed into the rocks. I sencerely wish you the best of luck raising healthy and happy children…….. out of the public view.

I can sleep tonight.

8. Anonymous9

This person may be a man, or this person may simply be a woman who takes male hormones, but one thing we know for sure, this person is an attention whore.

9. DanSy

Don’t judge him, it’s his life, his body. If it is ok with him and his wife to have kids that way then who are we to judge them?

10. Jessica

Hate that they call him the first pregnant man.
    Genetically he is all female with female parts within him.
    He may be a man on the outside and his mind is telling him his a man, but genetically he is not. Therefore was never a pregnant man.