Kate Middleton & Prince William Expecting First Child

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Attend Black Tie Charity Dinner

There’s a royal baby on the way!

Kate Middleton, 30, and Prince William are expecting their first child, the palace is “delighted” to confirm. ”Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are very pleased to announce that The Duchess of Cambridge is expecting a baby,” read the Monday statement.

“The Queen, The Duke of Edinburgh, The Prince of Wales, The Duchess of Cornwall and Prince Harry and members of both families are delighted with the news,” the statement continues.

“The Duchess was admitted this afternoon to King Edward VII Hospital in Central London with Hyperemesis Gravidarum. As the pregnancy is in its very early stages, Her Royal Highness is expected to stay in hospital for several days and will require a period of rest thereafter.”

Price William, 30, is by her side at the hospital, and the morning sickness is “acute,” the palace adds.

The father-to-be has talked about his desire to have a family.

“We’ll sort of get over the marriage first and then maybe look at the kids,” Prince William said. “But obviously we want a family so we’ll have to start thinking about that.”

Like William’s birth in 1982, their baby will be heralded not just by headlines at home but around the world.

If Kate gives birth to a girl, she can expect to inherit the throne from her father, irrespective of whether any other child the royal couple has is a boy. Until a recently revamped rule, boys took precedence.

To make room for the new baby, the royal couple will be relocating into the 20-room Apartment 1A at Kensington Palace in early 2013.

Last week, news of Kate’s pregnancy broke when her school pal Jessica Hay spilled the beans.

The royal couple were wed on April 29, 2011.

Filed under: Expecting,Featured,Kate Middleton,Prince William,Royals

Photo credit: FameFlynet

1. Luna

She’s going to be so beautiful pregnant! Can’t wait to see what they have and the name!

2. klutzy_girl

Aw, yay! So excited for them!

3. Sabrina

I’m so happy for them and the baby. I hope the paparazzi leave them alone for the stake of the baby and Kate. I hope the baby is healthy and look as wonderful as it’s parents. Good Luck Will and Kate,

4. SMH

I am happy she is pregnant so the press can get off their back about all the rumors. Next she will give birth and they will be wondering when #2 will be born!! I actually hope its a girl and they name her Diana (or middle name) how sweet would that be.

• Tara

I think Kate’s life might be easier if it’s a girl too. Less pressure perhaps…who knows. Doubt they name her Diana though, it’s ALOT to live up to.

5. Tara

Really like this girl. Not sure why there tends to be negative press about her? It just seems like a lot of jealousy. She is sweet, genuine and doesn’t appear full of herself. They will have great looking kids ( as long as they get her hair;).

6. Alyson

lawd…this is going to be the MOST googled kid on the planet! Congrats to them though.

7. julia

such wonderful news! it’ll be interesting to see her style throughout her pregnancy.

8. lynn

Yay congrats!

I would love see name Diana combined with some other name, like Princess Diana Rose or Princess Diana Sophia. Just like there’s Princess Catharina-Amalia in Netherlands.

9. Louisa

>when her school pal Jessica Hay spilled the beans.

Well, that marks the end of that friendship…
    I really can’t wrap my head around such actions. How much in need of cash or attention do you have to be, to betray a friend’s confidence like that?

10. musiclover

Congratulations to them!! That’s wonderful news =)

11. Anna

Congrats to them both! I don’t think they will call the baby Diana if it’s a girl, but i do think Diana would be a middle name. I can see a nice normal name like Alice if it’s a girl and something like Oliver or Freddie if it’s a boy. I think it will be a very traditional British name. Congrats once more, they will be great parents!

12. adrienne

Congrats to the Royal family, what a beautiful blessing. It just goes to show ya, if they stick with the pregnancy rumors for long enough, eventually they will prove to be true. ;)

13. kia

I am so happy for them. I hope they are given the space to enjoy this process, especially as her pregnancy progresses and hopefully the morning sickness subsides.

14. Elizabeth

I hope she is ok with the nausea condition, going into the hospital. Without a doubt she has the whole world rooting for her! They wil be wonderful parents but let’s not kid ourselves, what we really want to see is Prince Harry cuddling the baby.

15. jan

She’s not Middleton any more people, try to get it right!

Congrats to them!

16. Elizabeth

I think these two are just the cutest.
    William seems like a a very special man, and I feel his mother had so much to do with it.