Tori Spelling Launches documenTORI

Beverly Hills, 90210 alum Tori Spelling announces the launch of documenTORI, a new series that premieres Monday at ToriSpelling.com. The mother-of-four documents her most intimate family moments including footage from the day Finn was born, Hattie’s first steps, and much more.

“I grew up in Hollywood,” Tori writes. “My every move was documented. My family was watched through a lens with a filter that was tweaked to how everyone wanted to see us. When I became a woman, then a wife, and then a mom I hoped people would know me for me.”

So why does she choose to keep her own family-of-six under the watchful eye of the cameras?

“Reality TV helped me achieve that,” Tori continues. “People have asked me why I chose to film my life? Well, that’s easy… People were going to view me how they wanted to, no matter what. So, without anything to lose I wanted to share the real me. If nothing else it would be therapeutic. But, what emerged was nothing short of amazing.”

She adds: “I went from being tabloid fodder to bonding with women (and some very special gay men) everywhere! I didn’t gain fans, I made friends. But, I wanted more of a connection.”

And then ediTORIal was born.

“So, I created ediTORIal,” she shares. ”An outlet to inspire and be inspired by all of you. I never could have guessed over a year and a half ago that a true community of cyber friendships could run so deep. But, you have all truly become a second family to me. So much so that I wanted to blend my worlds of reality and community.”

Next up? Online video documentation of the high-profile family.

“Here, I give you documenTORI. In this exclusive web series I will share my family’s most intimate moments, memories, and milestones,” Tori writes. “From my last doctors appointment before Finn’s birth, to Hattie’s first steps, to being inside the recovery room after Finn was born and so much more.”

“There’s no reality crew, hair & makeup, or commercials this time,” she adds. “These are home videos of my family made by my family to share with all of you here on ediTORIal. Thank you for all the unconditional love and support you have shown us. Life gives us the moments… we create the memories.”

For more from Tori, check back at ToriSpelling.com for more information and updates.

Filed under: Tori Spelling

1. arabella

can this family keep anything private.

2. kayla

Cool, cant wait to watch, I love Tori and their whole story. I am glad they are openlike this, better than watching the Kartrashians…maybe she is happy she has a normal-ish life compared to the one she had growing up and just wants to share.

3. Danielle

Arabella I do agree that they share a lot. But at the same time I know i’ll end up watching it haha.

Really a reality show wasen’t enought nor her twitting every thing that going on in her life my god this chick dosen’t know when to stop pimping out her family. What’s next a sex tape of the conception of all 4 kids, I would put it past her.

5. Rose

I wish she would drop the “I’m doing this to inspire other women” crap and just admit that she’s selling her children’s privacy for money and attention.

6. Tam

She doesn’t share anymore then most do just on facebook the only difference is she makes money from it and she has fans that want to see her and her family. TV’s have off buttons and you can choose what you see/read on the net so if you don’t want to know about her you don’t have to.

7. ........

LOL “I can see his wiener!”

8. anonymous

Tori’s childhood was NOT documented, nor watched through a “filtered lens.”. This woman is delusional! The Spellings kept Tori’s life as private as possible. In fact, nobody knew who this girl was until she showed up on 90210, no doubt because of Tori’s insistence on being put on the show. Tori has severe emotional problems. She feels the need to over expose herself so she can validate her self worth somehow or convince people she is loved by her husband or that she is a good mom. And searching for friends online is ridiculous. all of this over exposure just proves she is desperate for attention. She needs to get a grip on “reality.”

9. Tiffany

It was only a matter of time. Next year you will be able to pay $20 a month to watch a 24/7 stream of their every moment. I’m calling it now.

10. Alli

Proof that Tori said she wouldn’t know the sex of the baby, her interview with this very website on June 27, 2012:

CBS: Do you and Dean know the gender of the new baby yet? If not, are you going to find out?

TS: “We don’t know the baby’s gender and aren’t going to find out. We didn’t find out with Hattie either and it was the most amazing surprise ever!”

**Yet, in this video it is CLEAR that she does know it’s a boy and there’s even a “F” for Finn on the wall, meaning they had the name picked out as well..
    Tori counts on the fact these websites and tabloid reporters are dumb as dirt and have no working knowledge of past interviews or stories about the subjects. Shame on them…The commenters on these sites have all the knowledge and should be doing the interviews.

11. KoKo

Tori said she was in the hospital for 2 1/2 months. How on earth is that possible when there were a steady stream of photo ops by Splash agency of her doing every thing from posing with farm animals to the infamous “monokini” pregnancy shot in May of 2012? And let’s not forget that in that May interview with People magazine, Tori boasted that this 4th pregnancy was, “My best pregnancy yet…” Lies lies lies…

12. Sophia

On one hand I kinda want to hate how public this family is but man, I’m not going to lie, I teared up just watching that. Sure they have their flaws but the Spelling-McDermotts always seems so honest and funny and loving, so I like them.