Claire Danes & Hugh Dancy Welcome Baby No.1: Cyrus

64th Primetime Emmy Awards - Arrivals

It’s a boy for Claire Danes and Hugh Dancy!

PEOPLE reports that the talented pair are now the very proud parents of a son named Cyrus Michael Christopher Dancy, born on Monday, December 17.

Earlier this month the Homeland star opened up about impending motherhood, saying, “I’m excited about becoming a mom. It’s abstract still; there’s nothing much to do at this point but be healthy, incubate and take it as it comes, but I feel totally ready.”

Baby Cyrus is the first child for Claire and her husband of 3 years, who shared their pregnancy news over the summer.

Congratulations to them!

Filed under: Births,Claire Danes,Featured,Hugh Dancy

Photo credit: Bauer Griffin

1. Luna

Aww congrats! Not sure how I feel about the name Cyrus though…

At least it’s a name and not something made up or after a bird, color etc.

3. christine

Wow, already?! I’m surprised because she just didn’t seem that big…

I like the nickname “Cy”.

4. Scooter

Congratulations! I love the name Cyrus. Nice middle names too.

5. sierra

Like the name a lot!

6. JLM

love the name!

7. me

Cyrus doesn’t go well with Dancy.

8. Eva

Goes better than Brooks Stuber (Molly Sims’ baby) or Darcy Dempsey.

9. to anonymous

Claire Danes is a dirt bag and a lowlife! In her most vulnerable time, her best friend should have hooked up with her husband while Claire was pregnant (just like she did to Mary Louise Parker).

10. Kasey1

To Anon-While I can’t stand Claire Danes (she just comes across as super bitchy, smug and well that whole Mary Louise Parker thing), but I don’t think she should be left at her most vulnerable time. Honestly, through all of that, she’s probably grown as a person (she is not the same at age say 23/24 as she is at 33). They have all let it go, I think we should. She’s talented, has keep most things private, never rubbed anything in anyone’s face, etc. I feel bad for Mary Louise Parker, but she looks like she’s doing okay to me. And Claire didn’t force anyone to leave anyone, it was a decision on his part. Anyway, I like the name. Unique, but not unheard of or completely ridiculous or pretensious!

11. Jenny_Loo

Love the name! I have a 4 year old Nephew names Siris, my sister spelled it different because she didn’t want people to think of Miley Cyrus. No one we know of has the name, although im guessing it will become popular now!

12. Elizabeth

Cute name, could go by Cy- that would be cute. I thought she would have a girl ,just a hunch.