Tamera Mowry-Housley Is “Adjusting” To Motherhood

350365_474x0_R

Not only has Sister, Sister star Tamera Mowry-Housley been busy filming her reality television series and launching a website with her twin titled TiaAndTameraOfficial.com, the new mama has also had her hands full adjusting to life as a mother to her 5-week-old son Aden.

“I am … adjusting,” the actress admits to PEOPLE. “It’s probably the hardest adjustment I’ve experienced. Parenting is hard work. And anyone who doesn’t say that isn’t being honest. I give them the side-eye or they must not be human! Each day is different — some are easier than others, but it’s all rewarding. I never knew how much I’d worry.”

It sounds like her hubby is a big help.

Adam is an amazing father,” she gushes. “He always steps in when I need it the most. He loves being a dad. I don’t think I’ve ever seen him happier. The love he has for his son is just so beautiful. Additionally, he constantly tells me how beautiful I am when I seriously walk around in the house looking like a hot mess. He’s a good husband!”

And her favorite moment with her infant son thus far?

“When I saw him smile for the first time,” Tamera reveals. “He was so milk drunk. It was the cutest thing ever. It made me feel like, ‘Yeah, Mommy has some good-tasting milk.’ Like a boss!”

Filed under: Featured,Tamera Mowry-Housley

Photo credit: Courtesy of TiaAndTameraOfficial.com

1. Someone

He is such a beautiful baby!

Awwhh. He is soooo precious.

3. Mary

cannot wait to see both little cousins playing together. Such a cute baby!

4. Zar55

Cute baby, but WHO is that woman, why is she ”interesting”

• Kasey1

Why don’t you just pull up another tab and “google” her. And someone like me finds her interesting because she was a 90′s teen sitcom star, along with her twin sister, Tia, and now they have a very relatable reality show that a lot of people happen to love….does that suffice?

Beautiful baby!

6. musiclover

Oh my home….. He is just adorable! My “baby” is almost 16, and this pic made my ovaries ache! =)

7. JimBob

Must be weird to be a black mom with a white baby and vice versa

• Annie

Shut up JimBob Duggar

• Steph

The baby will get darker as he gets older. He’s absolutely gorgeous!

And what if he doesn’t get darker as he ages? He is 75% white you know. You’re an unmitigated fool!

• Emma

I don’t think Steph meant that in a rude way. She said he was gorgeous (true) and that he would get darker as he gets older (true). Almost all babies get darker. Chances are he won’t be as dark as his mom but it really doesn’t matter. He’s a beautiful baby and will be beautiful regardless of skin color.

Tamera Mowrey-Housley is bi-racial, NOT simply black (not that theirs anything wrong with that). Her son is quadroon, just like Carley Simon, Amadeus, Noah, Elias, Anna (Becker), Julian Thicke, Honor and Haven Warren, and many, many other celebs kids and adults. I’m sure Tamera, Adam, and adorable Aden will be just fine. I hope that I’ve reasured you enough to allow you to sleep at night. You silly *#%@^?+!!!

• rose

well I think it’s a Blessing to be able to have a baby be it black or white :)

8. mimi

why do people comment on others coloring? my daughter is 1/4 indian (her grandpa is from india) and everyone always comments on how light she is. she’s 3/4 white. she looks exactly like her fathers mom AND her father, just didn’t get his coloring. (her coloring is identical to his mom and my dad) i think it is so inappropriate and rude when people comment on someone else’s looks. one lady kept making comments one time and finally i asked her “WHY DOES THIS MATTER SO MUCH TO YOU?” she couldn’t answer. i guess some people are just nosy and have nothing better to do with their time..

I come from a multi-ethnic background, and have friends and family that represent every color of the rainbow, so I totally get where you’re coming from. It’s often draining.

I often wonder why “white” people are so confused as to why blacks, hispanics, etc. accuse them of racial bias. Because (sadly) they too often are, and even sader, …… they’re often totally unaware of their bias and predjudices. I guess it’s just in their blood, and or it’s been reinforced for so many centuries that it’s become their not-so-new normal. ??????????

• mimi

I don’t understand why people make judgements about others based on the color of their skin. I am white, and I grew up around my father who is pretty racist. It’s bothered me for as long as I can remember. I just don’t get it. I live in a town where the population is largely hispanic and I am the minority. I have had so many people say such hurtful things to me because of the color of my skin. I’ve learned to just not respond, but it still bothers me. It’s just so wrong. I will never understand how some people think that it’s okay. If I can grow up with a racist father and NOT end up like him, how are other people unable to do the same?

• An33

I’m sorry, but blacks and Hispanics are just as concerned with color as whites are. Head on over to Black Celeb Kids and see how many comments there are every time the image or article pertains to a biracial child. As an American of Mexican decent, I know first hand how poorly treated the darker, more indigenous Mexicans are versus the more “European” looking; same thing in many of other Latin American countries. To insinuate that only whites care is ridiculous.

• Ivy

Mimi, sometimes I makes comments about situations like yours, but I hope it doesn’t come accross in an offensive way. I’m just very interested in genetics and how some traits are dominant. For example, the other day I saw a family at a restaurant, both parents had dark brown hair and all 4 kids had bright red hair. I think stuff like that is awesome and if I comment it’s not meant to be rude. I’m sure there are plenty of people out there who are trying to be rude though, it’s too bad.

9. isabella

There is no such thing as a “quadroon” that is an offensive word from slavery and not based in any scientic facts. the child is simply biracial, black and white.

10. Kayla Miller

JIM BOB DUGGAR would never make such a racist remark. People are so dense. Tia & Tamera’s mother is black and their father is white. But no cares. Mind your own business.

11. Esther

What a beautiful baby! I feel sorry for those of you who will look at such a beautiful boy and focus on color! Seriously??? In 2012??? Shame on you!

12. laura

Why do you make it a big deal about the black/white thing? It’s by making it a taboo topic that you spread fear and racism.
    It doesn’t seems to me that the person before wanted to offend anyone, but maybe just pointing out the “miracles” of genetics. In my opinion it’s very interesting to study these things like recessive genes..
    If you react as if you had to defend a person because someone said she’s black it’s you make “black” become someway an insult, while it’s not.

13. Onzanikka

Beautiful baby! Congratulations Tamara & Adam. Sorry about the mean comments. When god is for you who can be against you. Continue to pray, put god first, and he will take care of the rest. My god continue to bless you & your sister with your beautiful family. Can we have a girl next? Congratulations again, beautiful baby you did an awesome job.

14. inat

Everyone thats making supid comments,do yu really think aden parents care what you think,i am sure they do not,if they did they would not post the picture of their beautiful baby,SO, you should all just stop being so hateful and just say he is a precious baby,which he is. or just go away.adam and tamara your baby is beautiful.blessings to you.

15. xtiii

i cant believe (well, i can but find it tedious–lol) how much ppl discuss coloring/complexion. its 2012 folks. the only time i discuss coloring is 2 marvel at it or make an observation in general.
    every1 is allowed their perspective,yes.
    but some of your archaic comments make it seem as though youve lived lived unexposed to books, broad experience & /or mass media< smh

16. funto

Congrats Tamera,d joy of motherhood.i have realizd dt most ppl who make negative comments abt color wish they were u rili.u know bi-racial kids seem to get d best of both parents,too cute…must b usd 2 all dat now,some ppl actualy mean no harm too,they just wish.wish u all d best wit motherhood.

17. popsykl

just to shite stir……man that baby must look like dad, cause he no looka like mumma :P

18. Dana

What a beautiful picture! The love in mommy’s eyes is just so intense! This is truly amazing! And Go Adam for being a great help.

• Anon

No one on the entire freaking planet has ever talked about a new dad, and praised the mother for being such a “great help”. It’s such a stupid thing to say. He’s not HELPING he’s PARENTING, same as her.

19. Mercy

First, I have to say to Tamera that Aden is gorgious. The whole time I was watching you pregnant on the show I never thought for once how your baby might look like. My jaw dropped on this weeks episode and droped even more while going through this thread. It kinda gave me a perspective of what I might be dealing with in the future for I am black and married to a white Cuban.
    At the end of the day people are always going to be opinionated if it’s not one thing it’s the other.

20. Joanna

Adam and Tamera, congratulations on the absolutely gorgeous gift that God has blessed you with. I watched how difficult your pregnancy was toward then end of season 2 of Tia&Tamera but it’s all over now. Tamera, I love how on top of things you are. You research everything to make sure you are prepared for anything that may arise on your journey of parenting Aden such as natural birth, Postpartum depression, and breast feeding just to name a few. Adam. I love how you support Tamera, call her beautiful when she isn’t feeling very beautiful and offer your support to her. Some might say that you’re her husband and that’s what you’re supposed to do but I’ve seen several marriages where it just doesn’t happen that way, so, kudos to you, Adam. God bless you both and don’t worry about the mean things people say. My mom always says “baby, it takes all kinds of people to make up the world” And I have found that statement to be the truest I’ve heard. I love you guys, stay blessed.
    Joanna

21. An33

What a cute little boy!

22. Shia

Congratulations Adam and Tamara! He is adorable.

23. Linda

Congrats to both of you!! :) He is soooooo adorable!

24. Crystal

PLEASE NOTE that babies with African American blood is usually born lighter than what their permanent shade will be. However, what caught my eye is the red wrist string they are both wearing. The Red String on their left wrist is considered by Kabbalah believers to be the receiving side for the body and soul which symbolizes the greatest desire to protect and defend from the influences of the “Evil Eye.” I thought Tamera was a Christian so where is her faith in God and the blood of Jesus as the protector of her son. Anointing her son with oil and dedicating him back to Christ is the greatest protection there is! (Isaiah 54:17, 2 Thessalonians 3:3, Psalms 91:1-16, and ……………….). Tamera seems confused because she says she’s a devout christian yet she surrenders to superstitions. Jesus walked, ate, and slept among haters, but that didn’t cause him to live in fear. Tamera better wake up to the real world and recognize who THE greatest protector really is………..and it’s not a red piece of string!

• Tula

All of religion is superstitions. Nothing will protect this child like his parents will, and definatly not ‘jesus’.

• Crystal

So sad Tula that You actually believe what You wrote. It is written, as surely as I live, says the Lord, every knee will bow before me; every tongue will acknowledge God (Romans 14:11).

25. Cynthia

Always, and especially in this season, I just cannot let that last negative comet linger and go on answered.

JESUS is everything!!!

And some Christian families, babies wear the red bands to symbolize the blood and protection of Jesus until their ceremonial oil anointing. My family is Native and African American Christians. We celebrated baby anointings and dedications just yesterday at Salem Bible Church in Lithonia Georgia. All previous symbols of Jesus’ protection were removed upon their oil anointings.

JESUS is everything!

26. big mama

Why in the name of all things holy are you crazy people talking about this beautiful baby’s color?!?.. As a mother I find it absolutely offensive. First because being a black woman it is quite racist to comment on the color of a child. Get a grip! When the oldest of my 6 children was born with red hair and green eyes I got sick of white people asking me if she was mixed, when my twins were born I had one with blond hair,blond eye brows, and blond eye lashes. Ignorant people again asked if I had cheated! Those two of my children are very fair skinned while the other 4 are brown to dark skinned. Ignorant people like some of you on here ask if my children all have the same dad, or if I cheated. My response is no I have never done anything like that and life is like a box of chocolates!!! I have the rainbow tribe oh well get over yourselves! Tamera has a beautiful and wonderful son, so STEP OFF!!! You are just full of envy!!!!!