Amber Rose: Our Son Will “Know That Daddy Likes To Smoke”

64dbd67c43b311e29dbc22000a1f9e59_7

Rapper Wiz Khalifa and model Amber Rose have a baby boy on the way—and it sounds like they plan to be dope parents.

When E! News asked the Rolling Papers rapper if he intends to make any changes to his lifestyle, particularly in the marijuana-use department, Khalifa replied, “Not as far as that goes.”

“I think it’s all about how you’re raised with it,” he added. “Before there was a much more negative outtake on it. You know, pot and what it can do, and the effects of it.”

The 25-year-old father-to-be went on to clarify his thoughts.

“Of course, I’m not going to be smoking right there over the baby, because smoke in general and being high is not good for a kid,” he added. “None of that. But definitely he’s going to know what it is—and he’ll know the difference between being a child and not being able to use it and being an adult and knowing how to use it.”

Now in her third trimester, the model mom-to-be, 29, went on to support her man.

“It’s just like alcohol, basically,” she said. “That’s how I feel about it, you know. When you’re a kid, you know that you’re not supposed to drink alcohol, that it’s for adults and that’s it.

She added: “Our son is just going to know that daddy likes to smoke.”

After Amber revealed that she’s planning to have a natural water birth at home, Wiz chimed in with his support, saying, “Whatever she wants to do, I facilitate that.”

“I’m looking forward to the pain, actually,” Amber added. “My family thinks I’m crazy, but I want to feel the pain and I want…the end result, just holding my baby and going through all that for him.”

And although her man’s on tour a lot, Amber said that when he’s home he’s “100 percent” there for her.

Will the model mom-to-be co-sleep with her baby boy?

“I said that I wanted to have the baby in the room with us until he’s, like, 14,” she joked, “and his mom is like, ‘No, he needs to have his own room.’”

Filed under: Amber Rose,Featured,Wiz Khalifa

Photo credit: Instagram

1. Jessica

Yea that’s right teach your child that a drug is okay to use “when they are older”…(like they’d listen to wait that long..). If you can’t give up doing drugs then I feel you shouldn’t have kids. I know weed isn’t hardcore drugs but I wouldn’t want my child around someone who was high. Just cuz he is doing it around him doesn’t mean he won’t be high around him.

• Dana

Do you feel the same way about alcohol and pain killers? Or are those drugs okay just because they are sanctioned by the government?

• you dont have nothing to do with them they are rich so they can basically do whatever they want you cant stop them so just shut up.Wiz khalifa does not have to smoke in front of his child you”re just thinking about the negative things in life go crawl under the covers somewhere you miserable fool.

• ethan keizs

Jessica sup wiz khalifa\devin is the coolest guy I know I dream about being him so dis him k? He’s fucking amazing! I’m only 13 and I smoke weed everyday and guess what bud my mom. Let’s me are you gunna bitch at her?

2. SMH

Here are my personal thoughts. I have never smoked pot nor do l care to but imo it should be legalized & regulated by the gov’t. I believe alcohol & cigarettes are more harmful & def harder on the body. With that being said it is still illegal which means all your doing is teaching your child its okay to possess an illegal substance & go to jail for it! What kind of lesson is that? Doesnt matter if your an adult what you should be teaching your child is to follow the law. Even w parents who smoke l still would hope as a parent & knowing the harful effects that you would still try to steer them clear of doing it too!

3. Kristine

Two ignornant fools. The child has no chance!

4. Marilyn

Never heard of either of them except on this site. This doesn’t bode well for the child.

• James

Are you kidding? Don’t sound so pompous. He is one of the most popular musicians of the past few years. If you haven’t heard about who these people are you must live under a rock or just be very ignorant and trying to act all high and mighty.

• Emily

I’ve heard of Amber Rose. All I know is she used to date Kanye West. I have no idea who the guy is. Just because someone hasn’t heard of the “important people” in our culture doesn’t make them ignorant. It means that there are people out there who aren’t so focused on celebrities that they need to know everything about them and their lives. Some people *GASP* actually put their energy on learning about the current affairs in the Middle East, or getting a college education, or raising their families.

5. Jaycee

Two absolute scum of the barrel douchebags. That child should be taken away because of foolish comments such as this. She doesn’t deserve to be a mother and he sure as hell is a loser, and she’s looking forward to the pain? Well I’ve got some pain for you bitch, in the form of my fist to your ugly face and a boot up your ass.

6. Canadian Girl

Come live in Canada, do you know how many parents smoke weed! MANY. Its kinda normal and is like alcohol and cigarettes, use appropriately and away from baby and its fine.

• Other Canadian Girl

That’s a ridiculous thing to say. Maybe you know many but it’s not the majority of Canadian parents who smoke weed.

• rowe_wc

well i live in surburbia, not far from Toronto and you’d be surprised how many white, white-collared parents do indeed partake in the little marijane… I was even surprised ’cause stereotypically you’d expect for it to be the black people, but no, it’s not them. The blacks are walking the straightest line.

• Kasey1

Sounds like I need to go to Canada, ;) Kidding, I don’t even have children. Well, in my opinion, I don’t smoke weed, however, I think if you regulate it like alchohol and cigarettes, (a certain age, criteria, etc) and do it say, when you are away from your child to have “grown up” time, then I really don’t see the big fuss. That’s just me, though. Sure, with children you have to do a major lifestyle change, but I don’t see why smoking weed when the children are not around is that big of a deal. And to people who argue, “what kind of example is that setting for your children?! How are they not going to want to smoke it?” Logical point, but what about the parents who do smoke, who drink wine on occasion, etc? I agree that it puts people in a strange predicament, but I don’t see the big fuss about weed.

• Risa

Since when is it “kinda normal” for parents to smoke marijuana in Canada? I’m Canadian and have two children. I do not smoke marijuana, nor do any of my parent-friends. Just because you and your parent-friends do does not mean it’s “normal” for rest of Canadian parents.

• Bloopie

I am Canadian and … no. “The majority of parents” ? “It’s kind of normal” ? Girl please. I think it’s time to get out of your small Saskatchewan town.

7. May

It’s on it’s way to being decriminalized which it SHOULD be. I know lots of parents who destroy there liver by drinking at home, but wish they could relax by having a little pot instead. Alcohol is by far worse and more abused, in general. Sure there are idiots on both sides of the con, but it should be a legal recreational option for people to enjoy responsibly in their own homes.

8. Lynn in the South

These two are beyond words… I will pray for that poor child.

9. Sandra

Okay, all I have to say is these 2 are freaks! I feel so sorry for any child that they have and know that him and her saying that they don’t plan on quitting for their child tells me that they don’t care! You are the role model for the children you bring into this world and I sure feel for this baby. These two should have never gotten pregnant because it seems him and her will never give up their smoking habits. It is such a damn shame!

10. Wendy

You guys must not drink or smoke cigarettes either. Please.

11. AvaElizabeth

omg
    hope, the child service keeps a good eye on them.. poor little kid..

12. Casey

If weed becomes legal everything else should be too. Why do we need to make weed users to feel more special than they already feel? Every user of illicit drugs feels amazing and powerful, making it legal will just size up these feelings. Why do people insist to put pain killers and weed at the same patamar and not the other illicit drugs?
    I’m completely in favor of everything that is illegal becomes legal, I’m sorry, I’m against oppression of any kind.
    Criminals are vicitims, we should liberate them all. No Opression.

*Sarcasm* It’s not my opinion but it is the opinion of thousands and thousands of people. I’ve seen this comment everywhere!

• Anon

You’re entitled to your opinion, but unless you really know anything about the effects of marijuana (which you clearly don’t) you should probably just hush up now.

13. Teresa chinnock

Canadian girl did NOT say “the majority” she said “MANY” maybe all you lot criticising her should go learn “English” at school before jumping onto the next bandwagon!!!

• Risa

The plural noun of “many” is “majority”.

• Emily

I hate to disagree but that it incorrect. “Many” is a great deal of something. “Most” would be more closely synonymous with “majority” which is the greater part or number of something or a greater number than half the total. For example, MANY people in the world are Americans but the MAJORITY of people in the world aren’t Americans.

14. Marianne

I think as long as they don’t smoke around the child, it’s fine.

15. Dana.

Well, let’s just hope his drugs stay out of reach of the little one and out of the car when the little one is in the car. Oh and let’s also hope that the child doesn’t have to be in contact with drug dealers, you know, drug man dropping off dope to daddy poo… I certainly would not let my child play at their house! Sorry, but this article is so ghetto! I’m actually quite disappointed in these parents to-be in that they plan on condoning drugs to their child!

16. courtneyb

Weeds is not the major problem for these two, they just seem a bad match.

17. Christina

Where is CPS when you need them. What both of them are saying is just stupid.