Megan Fox: My Body Is “Too Fragile” To Work Out

'This Is 40' Los Angeles Premiere

Despite seeming to have quickly bounced back to her pre-baby body, new mom Megan Fox insists she hasn’t been logging any hours at the gym since welcoming her son Noah.

“I can’t work out yet because my body is still too fragile,” Megan tells US, adding, “I try to eat whatever I want, but I don’t eat any dairy, and I guess that’s the biggest diet tip. Try and stay away from dairy – especially if you’re a woman! It’s really hard on your hormones.”

As for baby Noah, who arrived on September 27, the This is 40 star gushes that he’s “super healthy and funny and he’s very bossy already. He’s got a very strong personality, so I’m really in for it!”

Also stepmom to her husband Brian Austin Green‘s 10-year-old son Kassius, Megan says that the pair plan to add to their family again, saying, “I want a big family. I definitely want to have a couple more kids.”

Filed under: Megan Fox

Photo credit: FameFlynet

1. Daniella

No, stay away from dairy with BGH or other additives in it. That’s what messes with a woman’s hormones, not plain ol’ dairy products. Kudos to her for not forcing herself back into the gym if it doesn’t feel right, though. So many of these celebrities seem to force themselves to workout even when they shouldn’t for health reasons.

2. Belle

Here body is too fragile 3 months after giving birth? I’m not quite sure what that means.

She does look awesome though.

She is so full of it, My body is too fragile 3 months after giving birth? Lol really Megan really.

4. Courtney

this girl is brain dead at best a nursing mother needs dairy so her milk isn’t compromised. she didn’t even gain enough weight while pregnant thats why she lost it so quick the baby was 7lbs 14oz so she lost another 6lbs 2oz after with the amniotic fluid and placenta and only had 9lbs left after that. she’s 5ft 6in and 115lbs soaking wet so she should’ve gained about 40lbs rather than the 23 she did gain

Nursing mothers do not need dairy products to prevent their milk from being “compromised”. There are plenty of Vegan breastfeeding moms (Alicia Silverstone, Summer Phoenix, Liberty Phoenix, etc.) whose milk quality and supply are optimal. Humans do not need any animal milk to maintain good health. If you like it, that’s one thing, but it’s not a need.

• Emma

You do realize that humans aren’t really “supposed” to have dairy, right? We only consume it as infants. We’re the only species that drinks the milk of another animal. Cows, like any other mammal, only produce milk if they are pregnant. If we are stealing the milk from pregnant cows where do you think the calves get their milk? They don’t get any. They are killed for dog food and for veal. The dairy industry is incredibly cruel and the truth is that we don’t need dairy at all. We’d all be better off without it.

5. Jessica

I couldn’t do any work out activities until 2 1/2 months after I had a vaginal birth. I tore so bad that it took a long time to heal. So I can understand megan not able or just nervous to get back to working out especially if she did tear. I was nervous to try anything after my dr said I can resume activity at 2 1/2 months.

6. May

I didn’t work out for 2 months after. And I am 5’4, 110 lbs, gained 21 lbs so I was 131. 5 days after I was 108 lbs and didn’t look I’d had a baby, but I was still tired and weak. Even though I worked out the day my water broke. 20 min of treadmill cardio was pretty tiring. And I had been doing 30 min of cardio 4x a week and weights and 100 squats a day. It helped me get back in shape immediately, but I was still tired for a few months after.

7. TabithaFan21

Wow she sounds like a complete moron making that statement. Unless she had some horrific complication and had to have an episiotomy or c section or she tore something horrible then I’m sure she’s fine to work out. If she had a normal delivery and nothing went wrong she’s probably fine and just trying to get attention.

• Anon

So she sounds like a moron because she didn’t explain the incredibly personal reason why she can’t work out?

No. It’s you who sounds like a moron.

8. Hanna

It took me quite some time (2 months) to heal after the birth of my son. Everyone’s body and birth experience is different. Geez, you people are so quick to judge.

9. Kasey1

I seriously do not understand why beautiful Megan gets so much hate, no matter what she does. But, I won’t get into it. All I can say is she looks beautiful, healthy and happy! She looks fantastic, working out or not :) Oh and sometimes, you can’t please people on this site. Sometimes people on here rag on celebs for working out “too soon” and then they rag on Megan for “not being able to work out because she’s too fragile.” Make your freaking minds.