Matthew McConaughey Announces Birth Of Son Livingston

'Killer Joe' New York Screening

One day after reports surfaced that baby #3 had arrived, actor Matthew McConaughey confirmed the happy news tonight. Though it was initially thought that he and his wife Camila Alves had welcomed a second daughter, it turns out that the family’s new addition is actually a boy!

“Camila (@iamcamilaalves) gave birth to our third child yesterday morning,” the Dallas Buyers Club star wrote on WhoSay. “Our son, Livingston Alves McConaughey was born at 7:43am on 12.28.12. He greeted the world at 9lbs. and 21 inches. Bless up and thank you for your well wishes. Happy New year, and just keep livin, Camila and Matthew McConaughey.”

Baby Livingston joins older siblings Levi, 4, and Vida, 3 next month.

2012 has certainly been a momentous year for Camila and Matthew: Not only did they welcome their third child, they also tied the knot at their Austin, Texas home in June.

Congratulations to them!

Filed under: Camila Alves,Featured,Matthew McConaughey

Photo credit: FameFlynet

Just goes to show you that you shouldn’t believe everything you read or hear.

Congrats to their ever-expanding family!

And the stupid names continue………no surprise though with these 2 idiots.

• Tula

I agree that this one is stupid……he’s probably just trying to promote his stupid catch phrase. And I think it’s stupid to keep using the same middle name over and over…..but I do like Levi and Vida.
      Oh well, atleast it’s not Aiden or Ethan or Camden.

• Missy

It’s not a middle name, it’s Camila’s surname.

She’s brazilian, and in Brazil all kids get their mother’s surname. Usually it goes Name-Mother’s Surname-Dad’s Surname. They don’t have middle names.

So, it’s not stupid.

I think it’s actually very nice that Camila keeps a tradition from her country.

3. Annaleah

WTF is is ‘bless up’? How about ‘shut up’, idiot.

4. Missy

Vida is “Life” in portuguese.
    Living/Life

Are they going to call him Livi? That’s so very much like Levi.

Living/Life and Livi/Levi…

And still, Livingston sounds odd with Vida and Levi. It doesn’t fit with the other two.

5. Cam

Vida is “Life” in portuguese.
    Living/Life

Are they going to call him Livi? That’s so very much like Levi.

Living/Life and Livi/Levi…

6. Elizabeth

I KNEW it was going to be a boy. Also I knew it would be a weird different name from the first 2.

7. Jessica

Poor boy got stuck with a bad name. His siblings have out there names but at least they sound more normal compared to Livingston. I just can’t picture calling someone that unless its their last name

• Missy

And poor kid is doomed, because McConaughey is not the kind of name they’re going to call him, because it’s even more difficult/longer to pronounce/write than Livingston. He’ll probably have a nickname.

8. Kia

Congrats to the happy family. I love that her surname is with all the kids. It is what we are doing with our kids too even though my roots are only 1/2 Panamanian. There are many traditions that Americans don’t have to understand.

9. Kasey1

Not terribly keen on the name, but I think it goes cute with “keep livin’/life” type theme. (I think that’s what they did, not sure). But, I also don’t think it’s terrible name, not too outlandish (I guess because I live near a town called “Livingston” so I hear it a lot). They seem like a great couple, congrats to them on their new addition :)

10. Anna

I knew this name would have some connection to life and living after he always says “Just keep livin” and his daughter is called Vida (life in portugese). I kinda feel sorry for the baby though cause Livingston is a surname, and Livingston McConaughey is a bit of a mouthful to say! Wonder if they will shorten it, but then Livi sounds too much like Levi and like a girls name. Safe to say, i’m not a fan of the name choice. But congratulations to them!

11. clair

Maybe they can call him Vinnie for short…

12. Judi

This name is just too similar to Levi…

13. SMH

Nice made up name! Of course they could name their kid fruit loop. Doesnt make it right. Poor kid. But hey its still better then Banjo!

14. SMH

Oh & l love the fact TMZ was wrong for once! LOL

15. your mom

Livingston?

Interesting choice. I’ll bet they call him Livin…because of Matthew McConaughey is still
    L-I-V-I-N in ‘Dazed and Confused.’

But, hopefully not.

16. Someone

Livingston McConaughey is a mouthful…he’s going going to have a heck of a time learning how to spell that! Congrats to them nonetheless

17. italian girl

There are many names which are good for a baby boy/girl.
    I regret to say that this couple has very bad tastes in choosing their children’s names.
    This time at least, because of their long surname, they could choose another short name like Levi, Vida for their newborn! (even if I do not like these names at all).

They could actually just shorten it to “Liv” which isn’t too bad. Not great but better than Livingston. The kid is not going to be happy when he gets older and starts thinking about the ridiculous name his parents gave him.

19. Izzy

They do not have attractive children.

20. Caroline

Why so much hate?
    A baby is always good news, if we like the name or not it doesn’t matter! All that matters is that it is a healthy baby love who has been welcomed in to a loving family!
    Their kids are beautiful, I bet this little one is too :)

Their kids are NOT beautiful at all. Their oldest son looks like a dwarf.