Elton John Confirms Birth Of Baby No. 2: Elijah Joseph

Elton John & David Furnish With Neil Patrick Harris & All The Kids In St Tropez

It’s official: Elton John and David Furnish have welcomed their second child!

After initially denying last week’s reports, the couple have confirmed the happy news to Hello! magazine, saying that their son Elijah Joseph Daniel Furnish-John was born last Friday weighing 8lbs 4oz.

“We are just overwhelmed with happiness and excitement. Both of us have longed to have children, but the reality that we now have two sons is almost unbelievable,” say Elton, 65, and David, 50, who are also parents to 2-year-old son Zachary. “The birth of our second son completes our family in a most precious and perfect way. It is difficult to fully express how we are feeling at this time; we are just overwhelmed with happiness and excitement.”

Earlier this year David revealed their plans for another baby – and their hope to use the same surrogate – explaining, “I would like Zachary to have a sibling. I think he would be better with a sibling than on his own. It’s something we talk about all the time. But in terms of when, where and how, nothing’s decided yet.”

Congratulations to them on the happy news!

Filed under: Births,David Furnish,Elton John,Featured

Photo credit: INFPhoto.com

1. May

What is a “son child”?

2. klutzy_girl

Ooh, love the name. Congratulations to them!

3. Jess

While I’m sure the baby will be well cared for and loved, I think it’s ridiculous to have a child at that age. The average age men live to in the U.S. and Great Britain is 75 years old. This child will likely lose one of his fathers at a very young age. When he’s 20, Elton John will be 85 (if he lives that long). I have to confess that I think it’s beyond selfish.

• rowe_wc

How is it first noted that two gay men will be loving the child and caring for it well, but an interracial couple who are working out some kinks in their union, are dooming their child/ the child will be ugly ’cause of it’s father/ the child and it’s future has no chance.

Why not give the same hope, optimism and sympathy to everyone in untypical nuclear families?!

• NYCMommy

Perhaps becaue this particular gay couple have been togther for 17 years and have shown they are good parents to their first son compared to other mentioned couple that have been together under 1 year and female is actually still married and in middle of messy divorce.

• Jess

I’m not sure if you meant to reply to me but I said nothing about them being gay. Gay or straight, I still don’t think people in their 60′s should be having children. In regards to race, I never commented on that either. I don’t have an issue with race at all.

4. edeilo

Congrats to the happy couple!

I am 22 and my dad is 78. He is healthier than many 50 year old men I know. He cycles over 50 miles a week, hikes, and has had no health issues. He is the best dad I could ask for and his age means nothing to me. I had three classmates have parents die when they were in high school—all under 60. My grandpa died when my mom was 13. It happens. People die. People have single parents.

People can drop dead at any minute, young or old. Right now they are happy and they obviously talked things over before deciding to have a second child. It is their decision. We don’t know their health status. They could both live until they are 95-100 for all you know. Or they could die sooner. Who knows. What matters is that they are happy and have parents who love them.

5. Rosy

Congrats to the Furnish-John family! Love their name choices.

6. courtneyb

Congrats to Elton and David for their new baby boy!

7. Iris

Congrats to Elton and David. And again; a lovely name. How nice for Zachary to have a little brother!

8. Pingback: Happy 1st Birthday Elijah Furnish-John! | Celebrity Baby Scoop