Jessica Simpson: ‘Eric Keeps Knocking Me Up’

jesssimp-4_3_r536_c534

During a Tuesday appearance on the Tonight Show, an expectant Jessica Simpson opened up to Jay Leno about her “surprise” baby-on-the way who is due this summer.

“We’ve had two different wedding dates, but he keeps knocking me up,” Jess joked of fiancé Eric Johnson. “We’re doing it very backwards!”

She added that with the next date they set, “I’ll just keep my legs crossed.”

“Apparently it was a part of God’s plan for my life,” she continued. “I was extremely shocked because I was going through a lot of hormonal changes, trying to get back to the old, vibrant Jessica. You know, it was kind of like a one-night stand. And it happened, all over again!”

In terms of her million dollar endorsement deal with Weight Watchers, she said they were “as shocked as I was.”

And it sounds like the Fashion Star mentor has been hit with a bad case of nausea.

“I’ve been puking. I’ve been really, really sick,” she said, but she is “trying” to be healthier.

In recalling her first pregnancy with now 8-month-old daughter Maxwell, the expectant mom shared, ”I was really happy to be pregnant and I just didn’t ever step on the scale. I didn’t realize you could gain that much weight that quickly.”

When the talk show host asked how much she gained Jessica didn’t specify, but said it was probably “a lot more than doctors would recommend, but I had fun.” She later said she lost “over 50 pounds in four months.”

The singer-turned-entrepreneur also talked about joining NBC in a sitcom “loosely based on my life.”

The once Newlywed reality star said that the show will be about “a girl who keeps getting pregnant.”

“We don’t have a name yet,” Jessica added. “We’re just now in the process of casting everyone, doing the pilot. I will be playing myself but we’ll have actors playing Eric and my dad. That’ll be funny.”

Filed under: Featured,Jessica Simpson

Photo credit: NBC

1. Ano

Ever heard of birth control?

Some women have health risks to birth control and I was one of them and ended up with a blood clot in both my lungs and leg I almost didn’t make it cause the hospitals wouldn’t run test on me until it was almost to late etc so I’m able to be on birth control anymore but also the clots went away thank god but my husband and I said we wouldn’t have sex til we was ready to add to our family. I’m not saying all women should go off birth control but all I am saying is they all have health risks the most doctors wont tell you about

• Eva

Not all birth control is The Pill. There are plenty of other methods that do not involve hormones that can have multiple side effects, including blood clots. Maybe SOMEBODY could use a condom!!!

2. anonymous2

Sounds like a stupid show.

3. Meliss

TMI girlfriend.

4. Bink

She’s such a delicate little flower, isn’t she?

5. PJ

I agree with you 100% Ano but I wouldn’t be surprisedif Jessica fell prey to the same old wives tale that many women (inexplicably) still do which is that “you can’t get pregnant as long as you’re breastfeeding”. Tori Spelling even admitted that that’s how she and Dean got little Finn!

6. Anon

Keep your damn ham hocks closed then.

7. Zar55

hahha i like her, at least she is honest, but really, she should use birth control, she’s like 30 or something and she should know better.

8. annie

wow. classy

Another couple who is more interested in a “wedding” than they are in being “married”. How sweet….

:::eyeroll:::

10. Heather

I love me some Jessica Simpson! She’s funny so I can’t wait for her show. I like the way Jay is not looking at her face in that shot, lol.

He keeps knocking her up because he can. Why buy the cow if he can get the milk for free? Also, a loser like him with no job, I guess he has to hold on to something. This whole family is totally classless. A stupid comment from a dumb bimbo like this does not surprise me. This idiot ought to invest in birth control.

12. kamila

Happens all the time. Your baby is under a year, you’re maybe still nursing (it is a total myth that you can’t get pregnant while nursing!) and maybe your period is irregular so women think they’re safe and can’t get pregnant. I’ve had so many friends get pregnant with their second before they were ready because of believing those myths and it’s always a “surprise”. My daughter is 10 months and I’ve overly careful with my husband since there’s no way I want a second child anytime soon LOL

13. SayWhatYouNeedToSay

I get second-hand embarrassment listening to her. She’s just so unbelievably uneducated and hillbilly and yet she truly believes herself to be outlandishly beautiful and wildly entertaining. Her appearance has become that of a cheap, middle-aged casino whore and her schtick is the stuff that an oversexed 13 year old would think appropriate or funny. Jessica Simpson thinks that everyone longs to either sleep with her OR be her. She would be absolutely floored if she could see just how wrong she is on that. I don’t know anyone of substance who thinks her anything but a sad trainwreck, has-been, c-list celebrity. Her only appeal was her fairytale marriage to Nick and once she stupidly destroyed that, she became overnight irrelevant. The fact that her clothing line is doing so well is merely a testament to just how many trailer trash, low-aiming females there now are in the world. For as long as we allow our children to think emmulating Jessica Simpson or one of the Kardashians, our daughters and grandaughters are going to achieve nothing but multiple baby daddy births that take place in a large box under the staircase. There’s more to life than getting some guy to sleep with you, girls. Seriously. Educate yourselves, aim higher, and expect more from yourselves. Jessica Simpson is a caricature. There is zero substance there. You can do better.

14. Jacquie

Seriously ladies? She’s having her 2nd child, not her 20th, so what is the big freakin deal. Who cares if she’s not married, a legally binding piece of paper means nothing compared to a true comitment between two people. Who cares if she gained a lot of, she’s not a mathmetician shes a singer, she doesn’t have to be brilliant. Besides everyones body is different, she probably stopped working out and ate what she wanted, I did the same thing and I only gained 20 lbs. Pregnancy is different for everyone every time. So ya’ll need to get of your high horses and quit judging.

15. Christine

Wow all the hate comes out as total jealousy. So what if it was a surprise. She makes millions and can afford another child an honestly they look like a very happy family (I know looks can be deceiving but she honestly seems happy).
    And for all those saying she’s dumb/stupid/etc. Again, she’s the ones making MILLIONS off her name, clothes, shows, etc. Not you… so she must be doing something right.

I really like Jessica but all the comments like “it’s God’s plan” and “it was a total surprise” are ridiculous. If you don’t use birth control, you may get pregnant! She’s had many other boyfriends and a husband before and never gotten pregnant, she obviously knows how to use it.

She never said it was about a girl who keeps getting pregnant. Jay said that.