Kourtney Kardashian Offers To Breastfeed Kim’s Baby

Kim-and-Kourtney_6_1655716a

The Kardashians are bringing back wet nursing!

Famous sisters Kourtney Kardashian and Kim Kardashian are excited to share in the joys of motherhood. And during an appearance on the TODAY show, Kourtney offered to breastfeed her pregnant sister’s baby-to-be.

Kim recalled a conversation she had with Kourtney about the possibility of wet nursing.

“She said to me, ‘One sister should babysit all the kids, so I can go out or vice-versa, and whichever sister is babysitting should just breastfeed all the kids that are there,’” Kim shared.

While Kim was “disgusted” by the idea, she went on to ask Kourtney, “Does that not freak you out?”

Kourtney responded with, “No, it doesn’t,” adding, “That’s what they did back in the day.”

And they’re not the first celebrities to openly discuss cross-nursing.

On a goodwill trip to Sierra Leone in 2009, Salma Hayek famously breastfed a week-old infant whose mother was too malnourished to produce milk herself.

Filed under: Kim Kardashian,Kourtney Kardashian

Photo credit: TODAY

1. Rosy

Somehow I don’t see Kim breastfeeding but you never know. At least she has her sister to help her through the challenges most mamas face with breastfeeding in the beginning, Kourtney will be a great support if she does decide to.

2. Danielle

They aren’t perfect (who is) but I do like Kourtney’s very hands on approach to motherhood. And her attitude of family first.

3. A. Smyth

I can understand why Kim is freaked out by the idea – imagine looking down and seeing Penelope’s face at your breast? Horrific.

4. Kristen

How can you badmouth a little baby? Shame on you. She’s a cute baby and will probably grow up to be gorgeous.

Oh people lighten up, the baby can’t read this. And I agree Peneloe is not cute in any way, shape or form. Neither is her brother.

6. Penny

I breastfed 2 of my sister’s babies, and one of my sister’s foster babies. There is nothing gross about it. I refused to give those babies the grosser of the two, formula. I told them if their baby got hungry I was gonna feed them the way I do. They didn’t care, and I ended up giving them the best gift I ever could!

7. Lisa

I think it’s a wonderful idea! This is a beautiful and natural thing…especially for female relatives! She is offering to breast feed her own niece or nephew because her own sister, Kim, has a career and schedule that is certainly not conducive to her nursing her own baby without significant sacrifice (sacrifices Kim is probably not willing to make due to her career and lifestyle). It is an extremely generous and loving gift to both her sister and her baby. Bravo Kourtney!