Kim Kardashian: ‘I Want To Be More Private’

1358431417_kourtney-kardashian-kim-kardashian-david-letterman-lg

During a Wednesday appearance on The Late Show With David Letterman, mom-to-be Kim Kardashian went tuxedo chic and joked about her 72-day marriage to Kris Humphries.

“Those jokes really can’t work, because I’ve really been married for almost two years. . . . So it hasn’t been 72 days, it’s been almost two years,” quipped the reality star.

Although she’s one of the most famous women in the world, the brunette beauty went on to talk about her desire to gain some privacy in her life.

“I think that definitely kicks in where you’re like, ‘OK, I have to go in protect mode,’ and as ironic as it sounds, you live your life on a reality show but then when you grow up … certain things change your life that make you want to be more private and this is definitely one of them,” Kim shared.

She went on to say that her boyfriend, rapper Kanye West, wants to live as private a life as possible.

“When you spend time with someone, you learn things from them, so I see what (his) views are in wanting to be private, so that’s a choice we make together as a family just in how we’re going to raise our kid,” she said. “ … But my personal experience of having really open relationships on the show, I’ve done that, and for me I feel like I got really scrutinized when people didn’t maybe understand my decisions at some point, so I feel like after that experience I’ve become more private more so than just like Kanye’s views or anything.”

Also, the brunette beauty opened up to E! News about possible baby names.

“We’re not sure yet,” she said, adding that she and Kanye still “have to think about” whether they’ll give their future son or daughter a ‘K’ name to carry on her family’s tradition. “I have to discuss that with my boyfriend to see where we are. But we’ll keep the name private, I think, whenever we decide.”

She went on to gush about her famous beau: “[I don't] want my career to overshadow the love in my life.”

She added: “I feel like I have divulged so much in the past. Not that that was wrong, but I just choose to be a little bit more private this time around, just for me and my family. I like to keep all that stuff about why it’s so perfect and why it works and all that just between us.”

Filed under: Featured,Kim Kardashian

Photo credit: CBS/FameFlynet/AKM-GSI

1. Jessica

Legally it’s been 2 years, However you gave up on your marriage after 72 days. If you still think your married then it makes you with kayne even worse!!

And being “private” isn’t having a reality show! I hope she is sincere when saying that and she really decides to be more private for her child’s sake. I guess we will see.

I do wish her the best of luck though. I hope she proves everyone wrong.

2. SMH

She is too self absorbed to actually keep her life private!

3. Anon

You want to be more private? Hahah – Next joke please

4. ThaTruth

I think that’s a good idea, & I hope yall have a healthy beautiful baby. Congrats!!

5. Bink

Train wreck.

What an effin moron.

As Abe would say “it’s better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt”

7. anonymous

And going on Letterman is the right way to achieve this?

8. anonymous

Does this mean she’ll be pulling the plug on her tv show? Please say yes!

9. KAS

That’s a lovely idea, let’s see if she goes through with it. I think it’s great that she hopes to be more private now that her child is coming into the world. I’m thinking that she will immediately sell pictures of the newborn to People or something though..

10. Ella

So be more private, cancel your reality show and disappear, Please Go AWAY and take LeAnn Rimes with you

11. Dana

She doesn’t sound like the brightest bulb.

12. Dee

Trash

13. Hannah.J

Kim and Kanye will not last if he wants a private life, Kim is a fame whore she loves all the attention especially now she is pregnant I bet that baby will be on a magazine cover when it’s like a week old.

14. Why do air heads say like all the time??

“LIKE Kanye wants more privacy LIKE, so now that i am unable to think for myself at all LIKE and i do as I’m told LIKE i won’t be revealing the babies name LIKE, until we get the right price LIKE. I will stay private until the magazine deal LIKE for the first photo of baby K’Donda LIKE. I will be releasing my own fitness DVD LIKE cause i will be the size of a whale LIKE even though LIKE, KANYE will still be insisting on dressing me LIKE in the most unflattering black leather super stylish LIKE outfits, you do know he is LIKE such a talented designer LIKE”

15. Guest

Forgetting for a moment that she called time on the marriage after 72 days, what kind of math is she using to try and pretend it’s been almost 2 years?? She and Humphries married on August 20th, 2011 and it’s January 2013. That means they’ve been legally married 17 months. Hardly 2 years as she is trying to claim. Nevermind that they’ve been separated since October 2011!