Amber Rose On Delivery: “No Doctors, No Gloves”

Exclusive... Amber Rose And Wiz Khalifa Have It Their Way

Parents-to-be Wiz Khalifa and Amber Rose are looking forward to welcoming their baby boy into their home – literally.

The couple – who are due with their first child very soon – are planning a very hands-on, natural water birth in the comforts of their own home.

“Thx @RickiLake 4 making ‘The Business of Being Born,’” Amber tweeted Saturday. “it changed my life & I’m looking forward 2 my home water birth wish me luck! Hugs :-)”

The 29-year-old model says she wants “to go full-throttle” with her labor.

“I don’t want no medication,” she explains. “We take home birthing classes to teach us how to do it, and we’re gonna have our midwife, and when they baby’s head comes out, he’s gonna be Dr. Wiz. He’s gonna be the first person to touch the child. No doctors, no gloves.”

Wiz – who claims his son will one day know his father enjoys smoking weed -  has spoken about his excitement to participate in his son’s birth.

“We gonna have a midwife and a doula at the crib, and she’s gonna be in a pool, and it’s gonna be like a relaxing environment, and when she’s ready she’s gonna tell me when to stick my hands down there and I’m gonna pull the baby out,” he says.

“I’m excited, I’m ready,” he adds. “I mean I’m nervous too, but it’s a good nervous. It’s not like a confused nervous, like, ‘What do I do?”

Filed under: Amber Rose,Expecting,Wiz Khalifa

Photo credit: FameFlynet

1. Koi pondsman

This interview makes them sound so ignorant, the language and grammar used just reinforces this. I’m sure they aren’t as ridiculous as the media makes them out to be, but by that same token, sharing the fact that their child will grow up knowing “daddy likes to smoke weed” is obviously going to cause a lot of flak for them. They don’t seem to care much for prudence or projecting an image of themselves that they can maintain control of with poise and grace.

2. Anne-Marie G.

Hooray for the modern, narcissistic parent who makes a production out of birth and expects standing ovations in return.

3. Dana

Congrats to them. Nothing wrong with home birth for low risk pregnancies.

• AvaElizabeth

don’t think so.
      Also if there where no problems during the pregnancy, there can be a lot of problems during the labour.

I’m a nurse. In the last 2 years some of our patients tried to deliver at home. Of course some of them didn’t have problems.
      But there also was one kid dying because of complications where the child could live if the same happend in the hospital with the possibility of an emergency surgery and a gynacelogist and a childrens doctor near to them. They just needed 10 min. to the hospital after the emergency call, but that where some minutes to much.

Another one was dying also because of complications that would have been so easy ‘solved’ if happend in the hospital. Another kid, that would live, if born in hospital. Another couple full of grief now. Didn’t need to happen. But so, they called the ambulance because of very bad childs heartbeat during the birth. When they arrived in hospital just 8 min. later there was no more heartbeat. 8 min. would have been enough to perform an emergency c-section but they spent the 8 min. with waiting and in the ambulance.

Just 2 bad stories out of hundred stories where everything worked fine, but.. did that 2 children really had to die??

Of course, children also die in hospital. But you can say, if the delivery was there, they had every medical help, that was possible. For that two children, they didn’t have all that help that maybe would have saved their life.

The problem with hospitals is that they INSIST on intervening even when it’s not necessary. Why can’t they just leave laboring women alone to do what comes naturally, then be there IF it’s necessary.

• mgm

You just described my experience. Had we been so selfish as to exPECT a perfect birth and therefore plan to deliver without medical personnel, my daughter would be dead. Things go wrong, and I cannot imagine the lifetime of pain we would have felt knowing that our need to “do what women have done naturally, by themselves, for centuries” cost our daughter her life. Women have also DIED “naturally, by themselves, for centuries.” Ironically, medical advances and new technologies are the reason some of these selfish parents are here in the first place!

4. Mary

Pray she doesn’t have any complications that can happen. Hope for a peaceful birth

5. Nurse Betty

Sounds dangerous for a first time mom. Wish them all the best and I hope they have a doctor on stand by.

6. anon

AvaElizabeth…you say you’re a nurse. Did you take any english classes?

7. rena

I hope all will go according to plan. But I also hope that there is a contingency plan in place in case they need to employ it. You can never tell about these things

I’d love to see childbirth be more about the health of the baby than about mom’s experience. Job number one is health; the rest is an extra.

9. Gladys

Who cares, they are disgusting!

This may sound weird about home births but, Yes there are many women who have had home births with no problems but the only thing I have a problem about it is that they all think they will have a safe delivery etc. There are still chances of a C-section which is something they need to think about as well because not everyone woman is going to have a vaginal birth nor have non emergency delivery!