Beyoncé: Blue Is “My Homey, My Best Friend”

502b3a096bb87398cf758348bef7db260cc3a0fb

Beyoncé gets gorgeous on the March cover of Vogue and opens up about family life with husband Jay-Z and their 1-year-old daughter Blue Ivy.

On her daughter: “She’s my road dog. She’s my homey, my best friend.”

On having more children: “When I was younger, there were moments where I said, ‘I’m not going to have children.’ And then moments when I wanted four. And now I definitely want another, but I don’t know when.”

On providing a normal life for Blue: “At some point it’s very important to me that my daughter is able to experience life and run through the sprinklers and have slumber parties and trust and live and do all the things that any child should be able to do…School visits and lemonade stands and all that stuff. It’s very important for me.”

On her natural birth: “I felt very maternal around eight months. And I thought I couldn’t become any more until I saw the baby. . . . But it happened during my labor because I had a very strong connection with my child. I felt like when I was having contractions, I envisioned my child pushing through a very heavy door. And I imagined this tiny infant doing all the work, so I couldn’t think about my own pain…We were talking. I know it sounds crazy, but I felt a communication.”

On the day Blue was born: “My family and my closest people were there when I gave birth. Everything that scared me just was not present in that room. So for me to really let go and really appreciate every contraction . . . it was the best day of my life.”

On the joys of motherhood: “I feel like I have something that has grounded me so much more. Family has always been important. I’ve always had my mother and my father and my husband. But it’s just…Life is so much more than…It’s not defined by any of this [fame or money].”

For more from Beyoncé, go to Vogue

Filed under: Beyonce,Featured

Photo credit: Vogue

1. arabella

On her daughter: “She’s my road dog. She’s my homey, my best friend.”
    what an odd/stupid thing to say about a baby

2. anonymous2

I’m so tired of seeing photoshopped photos of her.
    We all know, she doesn’t really look like this. I admire every actress who refused to be photoshopped. You are what you are, and everyone should feel good about themselves. I can’t stand this fake crap….

“Road dog?” “Homey?”

4. KAS

I think that’s a first for me. I’ve never heard someone refer to their child as their “homey”…. Well alrighty then

5. Marilyn

What exactly IS a homey? Sounds classy – LOL.

6. LaKesha

What is a homey? Blue Ivy is. That’s her mother’s term of endearment. Not all mothers are going to share the same phrases.

7. Erica

I call my son, my “lil homey” its just a term of endearment get over it, every has nicknames for their kids so stop acting so surprised.Its just like calling your kid my little buddy etc.. Her little road dog meaning Blue Ivy is with her at all times etc they travel together everything they do is together another term of endearment you give someone who is close to you.

She’s talking like that because that’s the “ghetto” coming out. You can take people out of the ghetto but you can’t take the ghetto out of people. And a 1 year old is not a best friend regardless if she’s her daughter. This woman is becoming more and more of an idiot.

I’m sure throwing a $200,000 birthday party and giving her an $80,000 barbie will definitely help with that “normalcy” she’d like to give her daughter.

Im tired of her, her phony ways, her homely looking husband and her bullshit with the hiding her kid from pictures. Get over yourself already and grow up.

11. all for kids

Perhaps she can call the next child Yellow or Green.

12. Michelle

How about you all remove the sticks out of your derrieres and learn to like yourselves so that the rest of us can live in peace.

13. Lynn in the South

Road dog? What a horrible thing to say… but expected from Beyonce. Poor child.

14. Leigh

Hence the saying ” better to keep your mouth shut and be thought of as a fool, than to open it, and confirm it.” What a douche, I’ll give her that.

15. It seems that Beyonce looks lighter and whiter in every photo I see of her despite the quotes in this article and others trying to convince us otherwise. She’d be much better off if she would just be quiet unless she is singing.

16. Holly

I’ll just leave this here. Lol. She is the definition of vain. And her nose is going to be gone in 5 years.

17. Fatima

Why are people on here being so hateful, bitter & rude on Beyonce & Her Baby. All she is doing is sharing how much she loves her daughter and loves being with her while she is growing up. and all of ya’ll are turning it into something negative, I would think that since some of you are moms yourself that you would understand that, but wrong!!!! Beyonce is a mother too just like you, if you don’t like her that’s fine you don’t have to. but, Instead of spewing out hate & ugliness towards her and her child, you should some respect, support & understanding as a Mother from other Mother’s on her.

18. Meliss

I know I’m late to the party but here goes…Beyonce is not “ghetto” or from the ghetto. If anything, she’s country. She’s from the suburbs of Houston and uses slang just like everyone in our generation. A “road dog” is someone you hang out with. A buddy. A partner-in-crime. You know, like running errands. On the road. When I talk to my 9-month-old sometimes I tell her she’s mama’s best friend. We do everything together and are joined at the hip, even though I’m married to her father. It’s a bond. She’s my BFF, as much as a baby can be. My mother and I were the same. I’m not sure what the big deal is here.