Hilaria Baldwin: “We’re Having A Baby!”

More Celebs at The 19th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards in LA

It’s official – Alec Baldwin, 54, and his wife Hilaria, 28, are expecting!

“We’re having a baby!” the NYC yoga instructor announced on Tuesday’s (February 12) Extra

The pregnancy was “a surprise, a wonderful surprise,” the mom-to-be gushes, explaining that she took a test at the couple’s country home without telling her husband.

“There’s a scream I heard, which is a scream normally reserved [for] if there’s a spider in the house,” Alec recalls of his wife’s pregnancy discovery.

“He runs up the stairs and I’m holding [the pregnancy test] and showing it to him,” Hilaria adds.

“It really is the most amazing thing, I’m lucky,” the second-time dad-to-be says.

“I’m showing,” Hilaria chimes in. “This is actually gonna happen, now we can start the nursery, the everything, the dreaming!”

Due this summer, this will be the first child for Hilaria, who wed her hubby in June 2012.

Alec is already father to 17-year-old daughter Ireland with ex-wife Kim Basinger.

Filed under: Expecting,Hilaria Baldwin

Photo credit: FameFlynet

1. Ianthe

I’d sure as hell rather have Kim Basinger for a mother have than this piece of work as a mother.

2. Dana

Sounds like hilaria wanted to seal the deal as it were.

3. Isabella

He could do better she is not attractive Kim was much prettier.

He’s not exactly a prize himself. I wonder if it’s a girl, will he wind up calling her a pig like he did with Ireland.

People are STILL bringing up the little tiff he had with his daughter and incredibly, are still blowing it way out of proportion. News flash – families don’t always get along every minute of every day! It’s just an excuse to say something negative. Congrats to the happy couple!

6. Anie

I´m actually glad his career survived all that family scandal that should´ve never been out in the public. Family issues, which are pretty freaking normal, should be kept in the house and not out in the media.

I´m happy for him.

7. I really, really dislike and completely don’t understand it when otherwise intellegent, educated women who are regularly sexually active with their male partners feign total “shock” and “surprise” when they (eventually) find themselves pregnant. I mean, we ALL know how babies are made and unless one uses contraception 100% perfectly everytime-and I believe it’s something like 60+% of people who use it incorrectly upwards of 70% of of the time-then a baby will eventually happen! Why do people always insist on throwing in the “surprised” part when it’s not likely true (Alec & Hilaria ARE newlyweds), and a plain old announcement of the pregnancy would suffice? In any case, congrats to the happy couple! They seem very happy together :D

8. Von

Ewww…he’s old enough to be her father. Gross.

9. Jesse

She’s obviously with him for his money and it makes me sick how much older he is to her. If i was his daughter i’d be ashamed.

10. susy

Oh wow, he has the age of my dad, and she is younger than me!