Report: Jessica Simpson Wants To Name Baby Ace

Jessica Simpson bumps her way to lunch with Maxwell

It seems expecting singer Jessica Simpson, 32, has shared the name that she and her fiancé Eric Johnson, 33, have decided upon for their second child.

“[She's] told people she’s going to name the baby Ace!” the source reveals to Us Weekly. The Fashions Star mentor – who already mom to 10-month-old daughter Maxwell – hasn’t divulged how they came up with the name.

Just last year, Jessica revealed that Maxwell’s unique name came about as a tribute to both her and Eric’s families.

Maxwell is Eric’s middle name as well as his grandmother’s surname and Drew is Jessica’s mother Tina’s maiden name.

“It’s nothing shocking and nothing you’ll have to add to the dictionary,” the mother-to-be told Elle last year prior to Maxwell’s birth and name reveal. “Still, when people hear it they’ll know …why.”

Jess and Eric confirmed their second pregnancy via Twitter on Christmas day.

Filed under: Expecting,Jessica Simpson

Photo credit: AKM-GSI

1. Ano

Ace. It’s another girl.

2. em

Actually reports are that shes expecting a boy this time. I know a guy named Ace, so I dont see it as a “shocking” name…

I think what Ano meant and I don’t want to take words out of their mouth but because Ace is a masculine name then Jessica is probably having a girl since her other kid has a masculine name too and she’s a girl. If it’s a boy, she will probably name him Rose.

4. Ashley

This could quite possibly be true. I remember when she was still pregnant there was a story that she wanted to name her Maxwell. I totally didn’t believe it at the time,thinking surely she wouldnt name her daughter that, but low and behold she did. So I’m thinking this is accurate. Also she’s apparently expecting a boy.

5. Bdel

I like it! If it’s another girl the name isn’t feminine, but at least she’s not naming another child Emma, Grace, or Ava. (All pretty but suuuppper overdone)

6. arabella

I’d rather name my daughter Emma, Grace, or Ava any day over Maxwell. Maxwell is a boyish name.