It’s awards season! As you sit back to watch which films, artists and songs snag this year’s honors, treat the kids to some of these honored family-friendly flicks. It’s a great way to spend a lazy weekend afternoon! To add to the fun, have your kids vote on their favorite.
Come along for a wild adventure with Simba, Timon and Pumba as they learn about the depth of friendship, family and accepting yourself for who you are. Your kids will love singing along to classic hits like “I Just Can’t Wait to be King” and “Hakuna Matata.”
- Academy Award Best Music: Original Score
- Academy Award Best Music: Original Song (“Can You Feel the Love Tonight”)
In the final chaper of the Toy Story series, Woody and his gang—Buzz, Mr. Potato Head, Rex, Barbie—say farewell to their longtime owner and friend Andy to become playmates to new kids.
- Academy Award for Best Animated Feature
In search of a fun, new nanny, the Banks children create their own advertisement of what their version of the perfect nanny would be. When Mary Poppins shows up at their door, little do they know what’s in store for them.
- Academy Award for Best Actress (Julie Andrews)
- Writers Guild of America Award for Best Written American musical
See all 25 fun family movies from Working Mother here.