Jennifer Garner’s Birthday Boy

Jennifer Garner takes her children Seraphina and Samuel, with the help of a nanny, to Jenny Bec's toy shop in Los Angeles

It’s the birthday boy!

Mom-of-three Jennifer Garner carried her son Samuel, who turns 1 today, in Brentwood, Calif. on Tuesday (February 26). Joined by the nanny and big sister Seraphina, 4, Jen and her sweet son picked up some toys at Jenny Bec’s.

The actress and her husband, Argo star Ben Affleck, hit the red carpet on Sunday night for the Academy Awards. Argo won for Best Picture on Hollywood’s biggest night, and Ben thanked his wife of seven years for “working on our marriage for 10 Christmases.”

He added: “It is work, but it’s the best kind of work, and there’s no one I’d rather work with.”

But according to OK!, Affleck wasn’t trying to imply that their marriage is on the rocks.

“All relationships, to a certain extent, require your work. We work on it together, we try our best, nobody’s perfect… She’s more perfect than I am,” Ben told the magazine.

Ben and Jen are also parents to 7-year-old daughter Violet.

Filed under: Jennifer Garner,Samuel Affleck,Seraphina Affleck

Photo credit: Pacific Coast News/FameFlynet/AKM-GSI

They made very odd looking kids.

2. Gina

They make ADORABLE kids! I think little Sam looks a bit more like Ben, I see that dimple in his chin! So cute

3. eliz

Aw I think they are ADORABLE!!! He looks so much like Violet.. So sweet.

Hopefully Samuel starts to look like his Dad soon! He’s got very interesting features at the moment..

First off all three kids are adorable and cute! I do agree though there is something interesting about Sam (not saying he isn’t cute) he is kind of exotic looking. I am curious to see what he will look like when he is older.

Right, he looks like Violet and Violet is one unfortunate looking kid.

7. Katie

So adorable! Happy 1st Birthday Sam!

8. Nita

Some of you are creepy. Their kids are adorable and Sam looks like he was just woken up from a nap. Obviously some people here have never been around babies just after they’ve had a nap. I hope you have “interesting” looking kids too.

9. Elizabeth

Wow he has really small slits for eyes.

10. KitKat

Can’t belive the comments here. They are all perfectly nice, cute, normal, happy kids. I wonder how some of the people who give nasty comments look like..or their kids!

11. Gemi

Jeez people, let’s see your baby pictures.

He is adorable, as are Violet and Sera.

12. Doreen

I think the combo of both parents made some pretty amazing looking kids. The fact that the parents allow them to be real and don’t dress them up little dolls makes them even more amazing. Just sayin…..

13. Micaela

Beautiful baby! Happy 1st birthday!

14. arabella

If this hateful comments was aimed for any other celebrity family like beyonce. no one would defend her.but when someone said something bad about this”beautiful” family anyone quick to defend them.

15. popsykl

he is very adorable…looks like a huge boofy boy version of jen :)

16. daisy

Personally, I think the comments pertaining to her child are creepy and wholly inappropriate – never sure if we’re dealing with bored teenagers (who should probably be in school or hitting the books) or immature adults with too much time on their hands. I guess it’s a toss up.

17. alyce

Wow, I can’t believe Jennifer’s nanny was actually acknowledged in this post!!! The way Jennifer is portrayed on this site, you’d think she didn’t have any help and did everything solo. I guess running an errand with 2 small children is no mean feat….If this was Gwen Stefani – who is ALWAYS pictured with her nanny and never credited as a hands on mom – I bet the comments would be about her reliance on the nanny.

Funny how that works..

18. Lola

I know it’s probably in my head but everytime I look at him I just see Matt Damon :D :D

Violet is cute? Where? Her protuding ears? Her gapped teeth? She is one homely looking kid. Don’t think because she’s the child of a celebrity that she has to be cute. I’m just honest. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and it’s not like she can read this. So people lighten up. You have your opinion and I have mine. Deal with it.

20. jack's mama

does anyone know what brand his shoe/socks are? cute!

21. Doreen

See, now that’s what makes a kid cute…..gap teeth, protruding ears……they grow into their faces. My guess is that you don’t have kids.

22. laura

Oh, Sam is so cute! I can only imagine the heartbreaker he’ll be in 20 years..
    By the way, they may not be so perfect featured, like for example Aviana Legallo, or Shiloh Pitt, who are just so perfectly cherubic, but they are certainly not unfortunate looking kids.. They are cute and sweet! Sometimes as a kid you have weird features, but then as you grow they stretch out themselves and the objective beauty becomes more visible.. I think this s the case..

23. Iman

He probably will grow up to be quite handsome, but being a baby does not suit him… he just is not cute.

24. Emma

When I see this kid I just want give him kisses on the cheeks. I find him very cuddly.

25. katherine

absolutely gorgeous little man; he is a combination of both mom and dad-dad’s chin, mom’s lips and eyes– what a cute baby!

26. They are all beautiful children in the inside, but let’s be honest not mean. Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck do not make cute kids. They all have her dumbo ears, small beady eyes, and loose lips. Sera and Samuel have their dads headshape, but Violet and Samuel look just like their mom and she isn’t a very attractive women. Seraphina looks more like Ben and is cuter.