Holly Madison Wants To Eat Her Placenta

The Million Dollar Quartet opening night at Harrah's [NO Germany, Austria]

Former Playboy bunny Holly Madison said she wants to eat her placenta after her first child is born.

“This might sound gross, but I’m totally planning on having my placenta turned into pills I can take after giving birth,” she wrote on her blog.

Posting a picture of placenta pills in a glass jar, said,  “I heard it helps women recover faster and I want to recover as quickly as I can!

It may sound strange but, Madison is not the first celebrity mom to do this. Actress January Jones opened up to People magazine about consuming placenta pills after giving birth to her son Xander.

“Your placenta gets dehydrated and made into vitamins,” Jones told the magazine. “It’s something I was very hesitant about, but we’re the only mammals who don’t ingest our own placentas. It’s not witch-crafty or anything! I suggest it to all moms!”

Madison, 33, and her boyfriend, Pasquale Rotella, are expecting their first child together March 5th.

Filed under: Featured,Holly Madison

Photo credit: AKM/GSI

1. SMH

People just need to stop revealing everything they plan on doing!

2. Mia

This is totally natural! I had my placenta encapsulated also and it really help with my postpartum depression and my milk supply. I think motherhood will come natural for Holly. I wish her nothing but the best. :)

• Mary

Does it really? or does a placebo do the same thing? I have no idea, if it is healthy – go for it, its not like she is grilling it and eating it that way, but the story or really the headline is disturbing.

3. Miika

“Eating” and encapsulating your placenta are two very different things. Do the research before you judge. I will be doing the same thing in two short months. Good for you Holly!

4. Ano

Eat som brain!

5. Annie

Good for her! Now can they all please shut up about their personal choices. I choose to eat prunes when I’m constipated, I recommend it to all people fighting constipation. I choose tampons over pads, I recommend it to all menstruating women. Celebrities, I do not need your advice, thank you.

6. Mary

It may be natural, but it comes out of your body for a reason and it is not supposed to go back in. Other things come out of the body but are you planning on eating that too? TMI Holly, we don’t need to know everything!!

• Rosy

Actually, you might be interested to know that most mammals eat the placentas of their offspring, humans are one of the only ones that don’t.

7. Jennifer

I really don’t care what the heck she does. Would I do it? No thanks. I recovered just fine from my births. But, she can do what she wants. Whatever.

8. Anon

Eww. Just…eww.

9. Porter

I know several women who have done this. I dont think its really that big of a deal. More power to her.

10. No thanks! With all of the medical mistakes that happen & get reported each day-and those are just the ones we know about!-I’d be WAY to fearful of getting the wrong one in my capsules or another woman’s “powder” mixed in with mine. EEK.