Gwyneth Paltrow Reveals Tragic Miscarriage

*EXCLUSIVE* Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin : Picture Perfect Family

In a new interview, Gwyneth Paltrow says she suffered a miscarriage which almost killed her.

For the first time, the Academy Award-winning actress, 40, reveals she lost her third child and she is still “missing” the baby.

“I had a really bad experience when I was pregnant with my third,” she told The Mail on Sunday’s You magazine. ”It didn’t work out and I nearly died. So I am like ‘Are we good here or should we go back and try again?’ “

The Iron Man star – who has daughter Apple, 8, and son Moses, 6, with Coldplay frontman Chris Martin – said their kids often ask for another sibling.

“My children ask me to have a baby all the time and you never know, I could squeeze one more in,” Gwyneth shared. “I am missing my third, I’m thinking about it.”

She went on to say that seeing her pals Jay-Z and Beyonce with daughter Blue Ivy makes her feel “very broody.”

Gwyneth also praised her rockstar hubby whom she called a “good man.”

“I chose the best father. Chris is so good to the children and to know that you had kids with such a good man is a real weight off you,” she said. “We are committed co-parents, we make all the decisions together and lean one one another for support.”

Filed under: Featured,Gwyneth Paltrow

Photo credit: AKM-GSI

I like this family.

2. missme?

OMG, there is such a thing as oversharing. all these celebrities with their tragic miscarriages. I sure as hell would not want to share mine with the world.

3. Trisha

Gosh her two children are really strange looking kids. Not the cutest looking kids by a long shot.

4. Elaine

I don’t mind people talking about having a miscarriage, I just don’t like that they reveal this when they have something to sell. I do believe she had a miscarriage as was speculated back in 2008 when she was hospitalized.

5. Gloria

Sorry but sooo many women in Hollywood have fertility issues… never in my life have I seen so many women have issues having a baby .. I believe all the diet fads and not eating properly contribute to it … Of course this is a horrible thing that happens… but so many of these women care about being super skinny that they do not eat healthy

6. TiffanyMW

She didn’t need to tell the world. We haven’t known about it for all this time, why tell us now? Oh, right because she has a cookbook coming out! I bet there are a lot of couples in Hollywood who have had to suffer miscarriages or they have fertility issues but i respect the one’s who don’t talk about it for money and/or publicity/sympathy. And i agree with the poster above, Gwyneth is known for her outrageous, unhealthy eating habits/obsessions (to the point she thought she was having a stroke which she talks about in her new cookbook!), i wouldn’t be surprised if she caused herself a miscarriage.

• Ally

She can tell whoever she wants! I’m guessing you have never experienced the disaster and heartache that is a miscarriage or you would not speak like that. You wouldn’t say that about a celebrity who had say lost their 8 year old child would you, it might just be a fetid dying but until you’ve experienced it don’t comment so rudely. And if you have had a miscarriage, I’m sorry for you loss, but it can’t of had that much of an effect!

• Brandy

You are all so ignorant. I had a full term stillbirth and it’s part of our story. I’ll share with whoever I damn we’ll please. They are being open, honest, and making regular people like me feel like we’re not the only ones dealt this horrible card. It happens and there is nothing to be ashamed of. Let them grieve. They lost a human being, for goodness sake.

7. Kota Girl

It sounds like her and Chris aren’t even together based on her quote about him.

8. elizabeth

She hardly reveals anything. If she’s going to talk about it, say how far along she was and what the complications were to help women. And she has osteopenia so that may have contributed.

9. Annie

Hmmm, something sounds fishy. “I chose a good father for my kids” and “we coparent well”… That’s it? How about being a good husband?
    That last sentence definitely makes it seem like she and Martin aren’t a couple anymore. There have been rumors forever, and I guess this settles it.

10. Someone

Just wondering why missing is in quotes? It comes across like its something she shouldn’t be missing because its not tangible. The baby was real and now gone…missing her child seems totally natural.

11. FaithHillFANatic

Personally, I can NOT stand Gwyneth. IMO, she is now releasing this information for attention and sympathy.

12. Elle

He probably is a good parent and not good husband, the not being photographed together thing is over the top. Get over yourself….

13. Angela

This is why there’s such a ‘taboo’ on discussing miscarriages. Have you ever noticed that it is very rarely discussed?? That’s sad. It’s incredibly difficult to move past having one if you don’t talk about it. It is a loss. As someone who has recently suffered a miscarriage, I refuse to stay silent about my loss. When you lose a family member, you have no issues talking about the good times you had together and talking about the memories.

Why should we stay silent when we lose a child? Even the possibility of a child?

It’s a fact that 1 in 4 pregnancies result in miscarriage – perhaps if we as women talked about it more, we would feel supported in our grief instead of the unfortunate suffering in silence we’ve felt we had to for so long.

Power to all the celebrities discussing their heartache and reminding us their human. xoxo

• Brandy

I’m with you. I had a stillbirth and miscarriage. It’s horrible. Losing your children can be crippling. We should be more comfortable handling the grief of others. I can’t believe these comments from others. Outrageous. I’m sure lucky I don’t have “friends” like you people who would trivialize the loss of my children.

14. anon

A miscarriage is a terrible sad event, but it is not a TRAGEDY!

• Brandy

It definitely IS a tragedy! What is not tragic about losing a human being?

Have we all gone mad? Really, what matters more than human life?

15. Gloria

WOW I love how my comment about her Hollywood fad diets contributing to her miscarriage was removed… a a lot of people agreed… this site is wack for that

16. Gloria

As a matter of fact EVERYONE who posted earlier about her stupid eating habits maybe having something to do with the miscarriage was removed… Is Gwyneth paying you ???? REALLY ???

17. Ginger

Seriously, why should we care if she had a miscarriage?

18. Daniella

Wow, so they removed all of the comments that referenced her crazy diets & cleanses as being a possible (emphasis on possible) cause behind the miscarriage. Even though those are things she is very well-known for & many medical professionals have stated that they are very unhealthy. Interesting…

19. Gemi

Sad.

However, this woman annoys me like no other.

20. Value

Gwyneth lost her child and you are slagging her off for expressing her grief? Saying it’s timed because she’s releasing a cookbook? Could it be she didn’t ‘time it’ to make money but rather is speaking about it after taking ‘time’ to process her loss?

Talk about making sweeping judgements that are unfounded… well here’s one for you: The people that are ‘annoyed’ at Gwyneth discussing her pain and loss regarding her miscarriage obviously have other issues of their own going on. How many of you have had abortions and would rather think of a miscarriage something other than the loss of a human life? IMO your own guilt stops you from feeling empathy!!